The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Izzy has always been loud about being a student of the game and all about strategy. He's never beat his chest about being a brawler. He didn't have a good night for sure but some times that can happen when the other guy doesn't engage either
Agree to disagree. Dude talk out of his *** about being the next big thing. It’s one thing to talk the talk but you gotta walk the walk. Don’t matter how often you win, it matters HOW you win. People ain’t gonna be lining up to pay money to see someone fight like that.

Everyone else engaged with Yoel. Izzy was clearly scared. I’ve never seen someone so scared of Yoel like that. Strategy? I guess. But you the biggest star in the UFC outside Conor right now. You gotta deliver man

Who gives a ****. Romero did nothing the whole fight. He lost. The only thing trash was Yoel's gameplan and the fans, like you. Israel did what he had to do to win. I don't expect the top level fighters and actual champions to go out and bash each others head in every time for my entertainment. It's a fight. Tactical. Survive and advance.

Cormier is awful.

We get it, you’re an Adesanya Stan. Go to bed, son. It’s passed your bed time.

Agree to disagree. Dude talk out of his *** about being the next big thing. It’s one thing to talk the talk but you gotta walk the walk. Don’t matter how often you win, it matters HOW you win. People ain’t gonna be lining up to pay money to see someone fight like that.

Everyone else engaged with Yoel. Izzy was clearly scared. I’ve never seen someone so scared of Yoel like that. Strategy? I guess. But you the biggest star in the UFC outside Conor right now. You gotta deliver man
You sound like a hater.

Yoel hasn't fought anyone else like that. He literally stood in place for the first 30-45 seconds of the fight

Izzy with his best Floyd Mayweather impression. You play to win the game and he did just that. Don’t know why people wanted him to go blow for blow with a guy that’s much more muscular than him.
Muscles one thing but Izzy looked bigger in there. Dude towered over him

Izzy has always been loud about being a student of the game and all about strategy. He's never beat his chest about being a brawler. He didn't have a good night for sure but some times that can happen when the other guy doesn't engage either

i.e. Anderson Silva
yep that performance heavily resembled an Anderson fight when the opponent isn't pressing the action (I.E. Leites, Maia).

Lol, scared?......thats a stretch

Thread getting stupid now, gonna go eat this ice cream and watch a movie.

You guys enjoy the rest of your night.

Hot take, Anderson Silva was a horribly overrated champ.
spongebob.jpg

Yoel showed he is willing to brawl if needed like the Costa fight but Izzy played it too safe so Yoel can't do much especially seeing how Whitaker looked after chasing Izzy

I would like to leave this here before I go, though:

No idea why this keeps being the narrative for that fight. He explained it best: why would he go out there and risk everything? He got switched to a new opponent last minute who had tons of power and was a southpaw. Should he have gone out there and been cocky like Luke Rockhold?

Anything can happen in MMA and he knows that. He just had to "survive" OSP to get to the fight with DC.

Keep it consistent, boys.

If Romero not gonna do anything idk why Izzy would do anything other than pick him from a distance.

I would like to leave this here before I go, though:

Funny the excuses that are made for fighters when you're a fan.

Keep it consistent, boys.
Fair enough. I’ll admit that there’s obvious bias since I’m a Jon Jones guy. But i still maintain that Izzy walking around as the next Conor yet put on a performance like that.

maybe my criticism is a little harsh. But this is a very fair assessment

Back
Top Bottom