The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Same thing that happened in the Bisping fight. He leans in and exposes his head way too much on that check right hook

Other than that, Rockhold looked real good imo. Had noticeably more pop in his strikes

Same thing that happened in the Bisping fight. He leans in and exposes his head way too much on that check right hook

Other than that, Rockhold looked real good imo. Had noticeably more pop in his strikes
I remember one sequence he had Yoel's head snapping back bad off like a double or triple jab. Thought it would open Yoel's body up for the kicks but it never materialized

Like Luke said, Yoel is made of steel

Man, this is the season for rematches.

JJ/Rose
Romero/Whittaker

Them trying to quickly throw together Dillashaw/Garbrandt.

Feel like it’s “super fights”, rematches or washes (Cyborg/whoever, DJ/whoever and women’s 125).

I wanna see Valentina maul jj at 125.

One step at a time. I want to see what Valentina does to the random 125 champ.

Just watched Rockhold/Romero. Gave round 1 to Rockhold. Gave round 2 to Romero.

Romero seems to be trying to address the gas tank concerns. We didn’t get to see him in the championship rounds. But he seemed a little tentative. His explosive moments definitely made me think he had the advantage over Rockhold when he wanted to press. That second punch after Rockhold went down was savage.

MW seems to be a bit messy right now. No clear line to the title. Gastellum seems like next if he wins his next fight and Whitaker/Romero fight again soon.

Weidman, Jacare and Gastelum are all coming off wins

Weidman just beat Gastelum

I think the logical fight is Weidman vs Jacare for the next title shot, but I wouldn't be surprised if Dana stuck Gastelum in there

I don't think they can justify giving Gastelum the shot considering Weidman finished him.

Just saw the Romero KO, that uppercut to Luke looked brutal. I think they have to give Romero the rematch with Whittaker for the belt and then make a no 1 contender fight with Weidman vs Jacare. Not sure who Kelvin would fight, maybe Luke?

Whittaker already getting the shot supposedly

Jacare and Weidman should fight to determine who got next

And yeah luke vs gastelum makes a lot of sense unless luke goes up in weight

My 4 year old son is about to test for his yellow armband in Muay Thai so my 2 year old daughter bout to go through the same **** :lol:

But the plan is that she'll be a black belt in BJJ anyway.

Nice! Serious question - do you ever worry about the head trauma from MT? I don't have any kids...but I definitely would like to enroll my future kids in some sort of striking martial art when the time comes.

Nice! Serious question - do you ever worry about the head trauma from MT? I don't have any kids...but I definitely would like to enroll my future kids in some sort of striking martial art when the time comes.

I've boxed most of my life, sparring here and there, and I feel like I'm OK for now.

I wouldn't worry about that until much further down the line. They aren't even allowed to hit each other in the head at that age. They do some light body sparring maybe when they're yellow or green armband. It's just technique, combos, and cardio/fitness right now.

My expectation was never that he'd go pro. Though his coaches have mentioned it (he's taken to it pretty well)!

I feel like head trauma is, understandably, a real concern when you make a career of these kinds of things. But training etc. I would think he'll be OK.

The science is being factored into all of these "sports" now too. For instance, he does soccer as well and they're not allowed or taught to "head" the ball. Because of head trauma.

So as time progresses my hope is the training will be safer in MT as well.

I've boxed most of my life, sparring here and there, and I feel like I'm OK for now.

I wouldn't worry about that until much further down the line. They aren't even allowed to hit each other in the head at that age. They do some light body sparring maybe when they're yellow or green armband. It's just technique, combos, and cardio/fitness right now.

My expectation was never that he'd go pro. Though his coaches have mentioned it (he's taken to it pretty well)!

I feel like head trauma is, understandably, a real concern when you make a career of these kinds of things. But training etc. I would think he'll be OK.

The science is being factored into all of these "sports" now too. For instance, he does soccer as well and they're not allowed or taught to "head" the ball. Because of head trauma.

So as time progresses my hope is the training will be safer in MT as well.

Thanks for sharing. I trained MT for a little bit a couple of years back and it's one of those things I wish I stuck with. In hindsight - I was probably at a crappy gym since they let me do full contact sparring in my first month. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing and was getting clobbered left and right by folks with more experience. I stuck it out for about 6 months and just didn't feel it was worth getting my head kicked in 3-4x a week. Started training BJJ a little over a year ago and now I sorta have an itch to train MT..

Thanks for sharing. I trained MT for a little bit a couple of years back and it's one of those things I wish I stuck with. In hindsight - I was probably at a crappy gym since they let me do full contact sparring in my first month. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing and was getting clobbered left and right by folks with more experience. I stuck it out for about 6 months and just didn't feel it was worth getting my head kicked in 3-4x a week. Started training BJJ a little over a year ago and now I sorta have an itch to train MT..

Sounds like you were DEFINITELY at a crappy gym. Especially if you get to a point where you stop going. Even from a pure business standpoint, that's foolish on their part.

Pretty much all of the spots I'm at now, everything is pretty controlled. If you're in with a guy who's more experienced, you'll get touched up but nothing crazy. Or you'll be in there with someone at your level.

If anything, the guys that go too hard in sparring against the females or the beginners tend to get pounded out themselves.

SEEEE YOU SOON.....BOI

Yoel has become one of my favorites thjs last year. Dude is just an animal and entertaining as hell

Back
Top Bottom