The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

MICHAEL!!! I LUV YOU BOI! I luv you Mike! Too bad they likely never fight. Do hope Whittaker gets healthy and they make the rematch this summer.

MICHAEL!!! I LUV YOU BOI! I luv you Mike! Too bad they likely never fight. Do hope Whittaker gets healthy and they make the rematch this summer.
Man Bisping would get lumped up like when Homer fought Drederick Tatum. :lol: He doesn't need to go out like that.

Sounds like you were DEFINITELY at a crappy gym. Especially if you get to a point where you stop going. Even from a pure business standpoint, that's foolish on their part.

Agreed man. It's bad business and ethically to throw a beginner in with guys much more experienced than him. Especially if they continued to do so. It probably wasn't helpful to either of you during the sparring session. I'd strongly recommend getting back in there, but at a different gym.

Money fights galore. Division jumping. Smh.

Everyone want that bag.

Rockhold should fight Gastellum. Jacare vs Weidman. Romero vs. Whitaker 2.

Man LHW is shallow. I don't really agree with Alex or Glover being #1 & #2 respectively, but there's no one ranked under them I could even argue to be above them. Even with Alex's inactivity. This division needs CPR.

^^^HW, LHW, MW and the female divisions are all hurting.

They got way too many divisions. Men 125, women 115 (probably makes more sense to just have them move up to 125), women 145.

Way too many cards. It would be nice if they cut their cards by 30%.

And not enough new talent in the heavier divisions.

He just didn’t get traction. He was coming off the hype of back-to-back wins on Chandler. And there was interest in a Brooks/Alvarez matchup.

Sometimes that transition isn’t smooth. Alvarez was able to shake off that loss to Cowboy and win the belt.

But we’ve seen former league champs like Morias, Branch, Brooks, Gaethje not look world breaking. We’ve seen the opposite with dudes from the UFC going to Bellator, e.g. Bendo, Rory, Mousasi, Rampage, Chael, etc.

The UFC cards are already watered down as it is and some divisions are hurting. UFC needs all the talent they can get.

Rory, Bendo, Mousasi would all be fights I'd watch right now.

He just didn’t get traction. He was coming off the hype of back-to-back wins on Chandler. And there was interest in a Brooks/Alvarez matchup.

Sometimes that transition isn’t smooth. Alvarez was able to shake off that loss to Cowboy and win the belt.

But we’ve seen former league champs like Morias, Branch, Brooks, Gaethje not look world breaking. We’ve seen the opposite with dudes from the UFC going to Bellator, e.g. Bendo, Rory, Mousasi, Rampage, Chael, etc.

Bendo has lost 3/4 in Bellator.

While Gaethje and Moraes haven't looked like world breakers, they have been fairly high level competitive.

Both of Gaethje's fights were against Top 5 guys and Moraes only loss was against one in a fight I thought he won.

Brooks is a bit more surprising though because the talent he faced in Bellator should have prepared him better for the UFC than the other guys in WSOF.

Last edited:
gaethje’s only had 2 ufc fights. His last fight he was destroying eddie’s legs. alvarez actually surprised me by toughing it out then getting the finish. gaethje is who we thought he was, he tries to win by being more durable than his opponents.

Will brooks so boring, not gonna miss him at all

Losing against the lentz' and Brazilian cowboys of the world tell you you got some work to do

I really like sterling and brooks as personalities but yeah they put me to sleep, sterling had potential too of becoming a star type persona

Just read about Will Brooks signing to PFL and entering their tournament which sounds very reminiscent of Bellator's former tourney format. Not really expecting much from it but intrigued on the potential entrants.

Some Reddit Guy on Will Brooks said:
Straight up crashed and burned in the UFC.

I’ll never forget his loss to Oliveira. Just looked at the TV and said “...really??”
This guy summed up almost exactly how I felt about Will for each of those last 3 fights.

Sterling has so much charisma and potential. But his striking blows, and doesn't look to be improving. Those two and Uriah Hall are p4p the some of the most disappointing fighters to me.

Chris Beal too. Dude showed up with that crazy flying knee, then......nothing.

I remember brooks talking trash about ross pearson and then they had a really close fight.

Aljamain Sterling almost in the same boat IMO...
I'm not ready to give up on "Aljo." Know you said "almost," which indicates you'd likely agree there's still a chance he rebounds to fulfill his potential. Somewhat close losses to Assuncao (beast) and Caraway. Only T.J. seems to be Assuncao's equal. That KO left knee pained me though. Appeared Moraes was actually attempting a switch kick before unexpectedly landing flush with the knee.

Sterling has a strong wrestling and grappling base, but his stand-up may never be good enough to truly compete for the bantamweight title.

Pedro Munhoz is definitely on the rise. Four consecutive wins, including tapping Rob Font with a guillotine. Not sure if Rivera really beat him in Sao Paulo, would have to rewatch the fight. Only other L at the hands of the aforementioned Assuncao. Munhoz and Font are two fresh faces to liven up the division, with Cruz on the tail end of his career and Barao moving up to 145. Font's won three of his last four, impressive KO victory starting with the head kick against Thomas Almeida in his "hometown." Bit perplexed how Font cuts down to 135 after previously competing at LW.

Back
Top Bottom