The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

I just rewatched the Gleison Tibau fight again. So torn on that fight.

Tibau took him down twice, stuffed his every takedown attempt and countered.

Khabib was “aggressive”; same pace he uses today.

Also, dude is 11-0 in the UFC. One can say, injury side tracked him. Still impressive.

Ferg is 11-0 in his last eleven fights. Give the people what they want.

upload_2018-10-8_12-38-48.gif

After his first round his confidence was broke. No one in practice is going to be that determined to hold onto and finish a single leg as khabib was in the first round. When you expend that much energy and employ all your takedown defense techniques that result in your training partners letting go 100% of the time yet this guy still holds on and takes you down it just plants a seed of doubt. That doubt marinates for the entire first round as he was forced to lay on his back being unable to get up and by the second round Conor’s mental edge was completely gone.

You can’t just learn how to stop a guy with khabibs skill and experience over a training camp
It’s all situational with training camps. There’s not a black and white answer in terms of who to train with and where, but sure, if conor gets wrecked in his next fight that question becomes valid

Dillon Danis is a bigger version of Khabib. So not sure how much better he can do.....

:lol:

And Artem and Paul Mag are bigger versions of Floyd Mayweather.

And if Conor doesnt do a training club with Tyron, GSP, JBJ, etc. Got the best wrestling coaches and BJJ coaches. Conor’s career is over. Not technically. But Conor has the advantage of the UFC fitness center in Vegas, money, sport science.

I’m listening to this GSMC MMA podcast. God. The two hosts are saying Bib should be suspended, fined and stripped.

He can go either LHW or HW which is perfect since he is coming in just as DC is on his way out and Jon Jones is a wildcard. The division could be his for the taking.

I think he's a year or two out from even trying to get to the UFC. He's going to try and get some gi jiujitsu competitions in first. His partner Garry Tonon is doing MMA, smaller events. Looking forward to seeing how he progresses. The DDS got some real killers in the submission grappling scene, wonder how it transfers over to MMA.

It would be smart for Belator to snatch him up. Gordon Ryan vs Lavato JR would be a very interesting fight.

Gary has looked good in asia and I think the DDS should do well in MMA considering they are coming out of Renzo's gym

You can’t just learn how to stop a guy with khabibs skill and experience over a training camp
Only way you get ready for dude is living butt naked on the mountains for several years only to return with the ability to fight for your life and speak to large animals

Back
Top Bottom