The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Belal just beat Burns lol. That would obviously be a more sexy matchup but yea would be very egregious.

At BW at least Chito beat Pedro last even if Cory should be getting the shot by meritocracy (which we all realize by now is happening less and less it seems).

Funny you said this - spoke to Cory about this this weekend and he literally said, “Dude what the hell am I going to do at this point? Dana will Dana - I only try to control what I can, I’m not going to be a talking puppet”

Get me in touch with Cory so I can start the campaign

Leon holding up this Colby fight and not fighting last July in the UK is what screwed up everything. As well as Dana allowing Colby to sit on the sideline this whole time.

Get me in touch with Cory so I can start the campaign

Leon holding up this Colby fight and not fighting last July in the UK is what screwed up everything. As well as Dana allowing Colby to sit on the sideline this whole time.

If you would have pulled up for dinner instead of being with that lame from SD…

Leon and Belal headlining a UK card is a win win for the UFC, Leon helps to sell the tickets regardless of whether the fight is boring or not and gets the Belal title shot rumblings out of the way.

A uk card with Leon Belal is what everyone was saying post fight

Nobody cares about Leon like that for 300 lol
I don’t love watching Leon fight, especially when he decides to play it safe.

But I appreciate how well rounded and skilled he is as a fighter.

He’s no less exciting to watch than GSP was during his title reign.

…when every fight was a five round UD.

Basically this

IMG_2312.gif

GSP had a nation supporting him and was already uber popular before he got the belt. Leon was getting booed in the UK before he beat Usman so much different in their home showing love.

Yeah I don’t mind GSP - comparing him at this point to Leon is apples to oranges (everything outside the octagon)

300 should be announced soon

Who is in for the NT Summit?

:rofl:

Leon still one of my favorites to watch but I know I'm in the vast minority :lol:. Think I said it before but he's a dude you need to watch his fights in slow motion to appreciate what he's doing out there. One of the most cerebral snipers we've have.

Leon came up during an era when WW was arguably the second or third division in the UFC.

I think GSP had probably the best jab in MMA ever. Why? Because he trained with Freddie Roach. His BJJ coaches were John Danaher and Brun Fernandes. Plus he had great MMA minds like Greg Jackson and Firas Zihabi (sp) in his corner.

Leon does not demonstrate the utter domination GSP did during his eight or nine title defenses (besides the Jake Shields and Johnny Hendricks fights).

GSP had a nation supporting him and was already uber popular before he got the belt. Leon was getting booed in the UK before he beat Usman so much different in their home showing love.
Agreed. GSP was a huge reason for the UFC holding cards in Canada. It's been frigid since GSP and Rory left the UFC. There hasn't been a new wave of fighters to strongly represent our Northern neighbors.
Gsp and leon are both boring as hell

But people loved Gsp he was one of the biggest stars ever lol
Agreed. Apples to Oranges. Especially a tasty orange and MMA GOAT on Mount Rushmore.

:rofl:

Leon still one of my favorites to watch but I know I'm in the vast minority :lol:. Think I said it before but he's a dude you need to watch his fights in slow motion to appreciate what he's doing out there. One of the most cerebral snipers we've have.

I think Leon is technically a great stand up fighter. Not a KO artist. But beautiful kind of like Izzy in how technical he is. His wrestling has come a long way from that Usman loss.

And I can't front. The emotion and words uttered after his championship win were inspiring and one of the best in MMA history.

Back
Top Bottom