The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Thought Izzy won the first three rounds i don’t understand how you give a 10-8 and he didn’t do any real damage I had it 48-47 Izzy

Great last 2 rounds by Jan. Executed a great game plan. Izzy definitely was on some silva show boat tip right before the takedown lol. Great fight

It’s funny to me that Izzy said he knew what he was doing on the ground. Like we all clearly saw that you did not know what the hell you were doing my guy

I was hard press to give Iggy one round ....

10 - 8 5th round is BS too ....

But no way in hell did Iggy win or was winning the fight going into the 4th ...

Horrible judging. Terrible reffing (that Herb stoppage and the Aljo conclusion).

Izzy’s wrestling and grappling are clearly a weakness. But it could have been late round shenanigans and also Jan’s weight.

But we all know, Jon has great wrestling, grappling and GnP. No way Jon wouldn’t finish Izzy or completely dominate him.

If I was Izzy, I’d take a trip to train with Usman and Whitman. And take a trip to Dagestan to train with Khabib. CKB don’t have any strong wrestlers. Their elite fighters are all strikers. Except foe Alex who does wrestle.

I thought Izzy only won arguably one round. The commentators were really bad with this call. Izzy was barely touching him and every time he reached his head was popped back. They didn’t even show the stats during or after the fight. Jan imo out struck Izzy 5-1. Good fight though. Jones would have killed him.

Jan should’ve attacked the lead leg more in the earlier rounds, would’ve slowed down all those feints from Izzy.

Yeah Izzy weakness is wrestling but you gotta get him down there first. Jan probably had almost 25lb weight advantage tonight. Don’t see any middleweights that would be able to take Izzy down without getting caught

Ain’t no way in hell Izzy won that fight. I wanted him to win but you gotta call a spade a spade. He can’t wrestle with those big guys. He gotta chill with the 205 hopes.

I knew once Ulberg went down the way he did, Izzy was in for a long night. That was his main training partner, which proved to be a detriment.

Kudos to Jan though. Dude is going to be the Talk of the MMA world after tonight.

Sterling disappointed me tonight. Dude kept going for spinning back hands/elbows. I thought he got concussed by that first punch and that slam, but that knee to the head for sure did it. I have a feeling they going to set it up on some Creed 2 ish where he has to go do the rematch in Abu Dhabi or if the let UFC into Yan’s country.

That’s my point. He “moved” up without gaining muscle. There wasn’t any tune up to see if the opponents weight would be an issue. That is one area where he and Max errored. He thought Middle Weight Izzy was going to automatically dominate a Jon Joneless LHW division. His camp was the one who recommended it. How his coach going to recommend it without addressing his glaring area against someone who has the ability to take down? Yeah, they got two champs. But don’t feel yourself that much.

Even Aljo going to have to go back to the lab and figure out a different strategy for dealing with Yan.

Losers coming out of this card are:
CKB coaching staff
Izzy
Yan
Aljo
Megan
Dober
The Joe Rogan and DC commentating team. “He’s hurt. “ “DC, I’m going to give the viewer a false narrative.” DC “eh yuck Joe.” DC, “Let me try to tell better jokes than Brandon Schaub.” Joe “Glad Cruz is on the card to not call me out on my bs.”

Winner:
Islam 😲
Amanda

Last edited:
When I was listening to the commentary I honestly thought they were going to try to fix a decision for Adesanya. Reminded me of Max Kellerman trying to sell people on Canelo when GGG was beating him.

Izzy could have achieved that same Conor level of notoriety if they had found the right opponent to run into his punches

Slow and steady wins the race

They hyped up Izzy like the nba announcers hype up Zion during a 20 point loss :lol:

Izzy was handled like he was much smaller. His Frame couldn’t hold up against the power. He landed some good shots but they didn’t do any damage. Every time he was hit you could see his soul leave his body. When he was taken down it was done so almost without opposition.

just not the fight he could win honestly.

Last edited:
Izzy was terrible, woulda lost to any 85er in the top 10 tbh specifically the ones with reach

better learn to spam the calf kick and stay on his byke if he thinks hes fighting at 85 again

If Costa beats Whittaker they should go Vettori 2. If Whittaker wins then he should get Izzy next. Either fight is a big fight imo

Eugene B cost Izzy’s aura. And now everyone is going to try to take him down at MW, LHW and HW. His grappling sucks. His TDD is good.

Also Joe interviewing Amanda. Horrible. Joe interviewing Aljo after he was concussed.

I’m glad Glover gets his title fight. He’s definitely racing against Father Time right now.

And Ray Longo and crew need a new strategy for Yan. Aljo can’t do all of that spinning. And unless he learns Islam level take downs, don’t commit. He was 1/14 on takedown attempts. And his striking accuracy was terrible.

Back
Top Bottom