The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

ppv prelims are usually on espn+ so I guess they wanted to put these on free espn and abc as a special occasion type deal

Plus the apparently the last time they put it on abc it was during the day and not prime time

It's one of those things I have to see to believe when it comes to Jones coming in and immediately taking out the top HW's

Glad the question will finally get answered

I feel like the Francis fight (unless he takes the Gane approach) is Russian Roulette.

Stipe at least puts the feather in his cap that he beat a lot of Greats.

I really hope Max is able to win decisively this time, though Volk has also improved a good deal since their last fight. Should be banger overall though. Seems like many are thinking Max could become a big star with a dominant win or he could be in a weird spot with a loss. He'd probably look to make the move up to LW but yea I don't want to think about that rn lol.

Rooting for Max but we all know he’s gonna have to fight a perfect fight to win the belt back. Chikadze losing really left the division open. I don’t see Emmett beating Max or Volk. I think a contender will move up or down to 145 though.

chidkadze is the reason the division is open? Idk

He never was a lock to become champ but there’s plenty of other up and coming talent who are more well rounded than him

If volk wins he’s for sure going to 155, I think it would be the right move. He’d have nothing much left to prove at 145

So Volk's gonna duck Cejudo?!?! Jk but no way Cejudo should get a shot at any division at this point. With the Yair-Ortega fight it will be interesting to see what happens with Yair if he gets the win there, he could get either a top contender fight after or even vaulted to a shot depending on state of division at end this year to early next year. Allen and Mitchell are also making a case and matching them up makes lots of sense but I think Mitchell would smother Allen. I'm fine with Emmett getting next as he's on a 5 fight streak and would be a fresh matchup for either Max or Volk. I really don't love Volk getting an immediate LW shot with Islam waiting in the wings, I know Volk-Charles makes more sense business wise of course.

So Volk's gonna duck Cejudo?!?! Jk but no way Cejudo should get a shot at any division at this point. With the Yair-Ortega fight it will be interesting to see what happens with Yair if he gets the win there, he could get either a top contender fight after or even vaulted to a shot depending on state of division at end this year to early next year. Allen and Mitchell are also making a case and matching them up makes lots of sense but I think Mitchell would smother Allen. I'm fine with Emmett getting next as he's on a 5 fight streak and would be a fresh matchup for either Max or Volk. I really don't love Volk getting an immediate LW shot with Islam waiting in the wings, I know Volk-Charles makes more sense business wise of course.
If Volk and Yair win I think Volk will go up to challenge at 155 and they'll do maybe an Emmett v Yair Interim title

The rumor out there is that Islam will get his shot in October, so Volk wouldn't be cutting him

If Max wins, god damb we might see an immediate rematch

I don't think Bryce would beat any of Volk, Max, Ortega, Yair, Emmett or Kattar. But luckily for him he might only need to beat one of them to get a title shot. I'd favor Allen, Evelov and Topuria over Bryce as well

The first Embedded episode was decent. Max with not overboard neck chains.

Eugene Berriman with the ribs lol. Sugah got a loud Lambo. He can’t be doing too bad if he got a Lambo and a house.

WTH is going on with Arnold? He won’t that fight and then poof. He probably could’ve had next if he had fought again. Now, it’s probably Emmett.

Max/Volk 3 should’ve definitely been the main event. Also this one of the low key International Fight Weeks. They really should be making noise.

Arnold Allen is at least one more fight away if not 2

He should be louder but some people just ain’t like that I guess, to his detriment

Back
Top Bottom