The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Really? I think it would boost Rahkomonv's name a bunch. I feel like Wonderboy is more known than Burns and especially Luque
I wouldnt mind it if this fight was close and went to a decision but he straight dominated. I just feel like he's passed that sneaky vet test with this fight. Wonderboy is a name to the community but not really to the mainstream. And being dominated in his last 2 kind of kills the steam for me.

Swear they could go 3-2 gamrot but imo that would be a bad decision

Pride rules would be Arman all the way, he won the overall fight

Gamrot had two solid takedowns for sure but not enough to sway the fight in his favor

I would score it 4-1 Arman

Wow. Need a sudden death Rd. I underestimated Gamrot, man’s had the better scrambling which might’ve scared Tsarukyan in the first rd. Tsarukyan turned it into a striking match, with gamrot forcing the TDs. Very tough to score, the whole fight swung around in the third.

Not mad about the decision. Arman was great the first 2 rounds and faded just a little in 3-5. Gamrot took it with the wrestling.

It was also ATT coaches in opposite corners.

Mike Brown in Gamrot’s corner and Parrumpa in Arman’s corner.

Wrestling did nothing outside of one partial sub attempt and controlled the 5th round

Gamrot got knocked down a number of times

At best I give gamrot 2 rounds

MF'n Gamrot!! Give that man a top 7 guy next. He's ******* ready. His grandby rolls to reverse positions was money every single time.

Don't mind the decision at all. Could've swung either way. Rounds were close as hell.

Arman is still young, ain't even hit his prime yet. His time will come., still has future champ written all over him.

10 must score is so ancient and doesn’t make sense. Rds should have an effectiveness score, by end of the fight, tally up all the scores and see who comes out the victor.
Just do overall fight like pride did, simple enough

I don’t see how you can make an argument that gamrot won the fight overall

Unless takedowns are weighed like knockdowns

Feels like the judges all thought the knockdown in the 4th was a slip since he had a leg up when it happened.

Just watched a few fights from yesterday’s card.

Seemed very Euro/grappling heavy.

135 is deep. Now, we’re adding Usman to the mix. They’re going to be ducking him like they do Merab,

Rahkmonov is another one. Who from the top ten is going to fight him?

Main event was definitely close. I had it Arman T.

With the new judging/scoring criteria, it seems crazy the judges scored it that way.

Felder was out there scoring it for Gamrot. Bisping chimes in we had a seminar the other day talking about the new scoring criteria.

Stands by for Ariel rant on open scoring tomorrow.

Welp, the people I respect the most all had it Arman

Nobody wants to say robbery, I’m not gonna say robbery but imo a close but clear win for Arman

If these camps aren’t instilling GnP with the takedowns. Then the wrestling is futile. Control doesn’t amount for much unless it’s a snoozer like Rose/Carla 2 or Gane/N’Gannou where no one is doing anything.

If these camps aren’t instilling GnP with the takedowns. Then the wrestling is futile. Control doesn’t amount for much unless it’s a snoozer like Rose/Carla 2 or Gane/N’Gannou where no one is doing anything.
Don’t get me wrong, gamrot had two effective takedowns, one where he somewhat threatened a sub and round 5 he was smothering him for a min or two

But all his other ones were absolutely worthless and Arman got up immediately

And even the takedown where he threatened, Arman got up and started doing work on him standing

I scored it 1,2,4 for Arman but I don't mind the Gamrot decision because it was that close.

2 things that stood out to me with these judges:

They put waaay less value on the damage from Armans body work in comparison to Gamrots head hunting.

They all thought the knockdown in the 4th was a slip. Gamrot had his right leg up and when he fell he immediately jumped back up. No way Gamrot should've taken the 4th if they thought that was a knockdown.

Even if he didnt deserve the decision, this is still the best scenario imo for these two guys. Arman ain't even in his prime yet and Gamrot is close to the end of his prime years. Would love to see Gamrot make his way to a title shot in the next 18 months.

UFC rankings is a joke. They should just move both these guys to the top 10. Take Tony and ******* Conors 1 LW win *** out.

RDA v Fiziev happens soon, the winner figures to get a really high profile fight

Gamrot probably already deserves a high profile fight: Darieush or Justin possibly

You figure Dustin, Chandler and Conor are out of the question for Gamrot

Meanwhile Arman can fight Hooker, Riddell or Ferriera

Back
Top Bottom