The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

^^^The city that never sleeps so they put the prelims on at 8 am? S m h.

I agree with Vince’s 135 and 155 takes,

Conor really should go train at Tiger Muay Thai. Fizzy’s wrestling defense is pretty good. Islam’s probably a bigger test but against everyone else it’s all stand up with Fizzy.

Fiziev had an impressive W over RDA and definitely deserves one of the top 5, a bout with Gaethje makes too much sense. I'm thinking they announce some top 10 LW matchups soon with so many guys not booked yet.

Feel like conor kind of holding things up there at 155, everyone still want that red panty lol
Just give Conor Nate III or even RDA and call it a day. The latter is highly unlikely but that's still a fight I'd like to see at this stage of their careers. I know Conor drives the bloody casuals though...

I feel like chandler, oliveria and Justin are the 155’ers that keep calling for conor

Chandler v dustin seems to be an option

Nate, jorge and conor are always in a love triangle

Nate vs Dustin never seems like it’ll happen

And there it is, sucks for emmett lol. Emmett apparently got treated like a fan at the ufc event he was seated far from the cage lol they don’t care about that guy

And there it is, sucks for emmett lol. Emmett apparently got treated like a fan at the ufc event he was seated far from the cage lol they don’t care about that guy

This doesn't surprise me. Emmett doesn't have the popularity and is clearly only getting a shot if Yair loses/gets hurt or if something weird happened like Volk being out for an extended period. As impressive as Volk's win against Max was I hope he defends at least two more times before being catapulted to a LW shot.

how much money x eyes is emmett bringing in as champion LOL

As dana would infamously say “he doesn’t move the needle”

No one gives a damn about emmett. he should be forced to cover up those horrible tattoos when he fights. Saw when he fought Kattar he had more crappy tattoos. I think they were two clown heads.

Emmett seems like a good guy and he’s definitely a good fighter, though not a great one.

But the truth is that he’s really done nothing inside or outside of the cage to dramatically distinguish himself or make me think he’s got a legit shot to win the belt. He doesn’t market himself very well and I don’t give him anything more than a small puncher’s chance against Volk.

He’ll eventually get his shot, or a number one contender bout, and lose and that’ll be that.

Emmett seems like a good guy and he’s definitely a good fighter, though not a great one.

But the truth is that he’s really done nothing inside or outside of the cage to dramatically distinguish himself or make me think he’s got a legit shot to win the belt. He doesn’t market himself very well and I don’t give him anything more than a small puncher’s chance against Volk.

He’ll eventually get his shot, or a number one contender bout, and lose and that’ll be that.
Tbh he’s done enough to get a title shot on a merit basis

He has a few nice knockouts and a number of wins against good to great opponents. Long win streak

Yair hasn’t done anything up to this point to earn a title shot if we’re just talking in the cage. Seriously, his resume isn’t title worthy

But if he beats Ortega he’ll get it because he’s more exciting and Dana wants the Mexico market

He has a few nice knockouts and a number of wins against good to great opponents. Long win streak

Yair hasn’t done anything up to this point to earn a title shot if we’re just talking in the cage. Seriously, his resume isn’t title worthy

But if he beats Ortega he’ll get it because he’s more exciting and Dana wants the Mexico market
Emmett has a five fight win streak, but he’s only beaten one guy ranked in the top ten and that was a split decision.

He probably deserves a title shot because there’s no one else left and Yair certainly hasn’t earned it.

…but it’s not like his resume is that great.

how much money x eyes is emmett bringing in as champion LOL

As dana would infamously say “he doesn’t move the needle”

If you keep winning you get your flowers eventually.

Volk was just a guy before he was champion also. Same with Kamaru.

If you keep winning you get your flowers eventually.

Volk was just a guy before he was champion also. Same with Kamaru.
Kamaru has developed into a fairly exciting fighter to watch…thankfully.

But g-damn he was boring as hell for the first half of his career.

…i don’t think anyone was jazzed by the idea of him being the champ one day.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. If you're not constantly scoring exciting finishes, have an exciting personality/market yourself well, or have a large foreign market (see Till) then you're basically only getting a titleshot once you've done more than enough on merit or maybe you get lucky and are an injury replacement. If Yair wins Emmett will need to take another fight and should he win he might be waiting for sometime on his shot depending if Volk is given the immediate LW shot sometime next year should he get by Yair. Like many divisions I fully expect the FW picture to be murky well into 23'

Back
Top Bottom