The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

sotf02qwkna91.jpg

Initially I thought the stoppage was a bit early but on the replay Fiziev landed a pretty big follow up shot on the ground so I can see why the ref stepped in.

Rda hasn’t protested or complained so it probably was a good stoppage

Also everyone targeting Justin now, they must sense he’s on the decline

First it was gamrot now it’s fiziev

Chandler, Dustin, Tony and Justin all probably on their way out sooner than later

Next weekend: Ortega v Rodriguez and Simon v Shore

Gonna be fire all around in those two fights

135 is absolutely nuts. I honestly can't even wrap my head around how much talent is there. It's a damb shame a lot of those dudes won't ever get their hands on the belt just based on the numbers game. Too many contenders and future contenders

Meanwhile I'm a little worried for Ortega. He was so close to being champ lol and then ended up taking a savage beating. Yair seems primed to piece him up. I hope Ortega shows some wrinkles in his game or else this could be a fast decline for him. At the very least I think they'll exchange CTE for the first 3 rounds

RDA seems like a good guy, but I’m so happy that Fiziev won.

I despise that style of hold em against the fence and maintain top control on the ground as a means to grind out a decision.

Too often judges reward that **** over the fighter who’s doing actual damage on the feet.

…wouldn’t have been surprised if RDA had gotten the decision if he hadn’t got got.

Initially I thought the stoppage was a bit early but on the replay Fiziev landed a pretty big follow up shot on the ground so I can see why the ref stepped in.
It was a strange case of an early stoppage that was also a good one.

…better too early than too late.

Rda hasn’t protested or complained so it probably was a good stoppage

Also everyone targeting Justin now, they must sense he’s on the decline

First it was gamrot now it’s fiziev

Chandler, Dustin, Tony and Justin all probably on their way out sooner than later

Too many killers at 155. The only top guys I see staying around for a bit are islam/Olivera.

Tony, Dustin, chandler, Justin, dariush will all be out before you know it

Too many killers at 155. The only top guys I see staying around for a bit are islam/Olivera.

Tony, Dustin, chandler, Justin, dariush will all be out before you know it
Hot take: 155 aint as "good" as we perceive it due to this exact post

All of those killers are on their way out

Arman, Gamrot, Oliveria, Islam, Fiziev are all great but after them it's not as deep

Would def like to see Volk try his hand at 155. Max will prob join as well

RDA seems like a good guy, but I’m so happy that Fiziev won.

I despise that style of hold em against the fence and maintain top control on the ground as a means to grind out a decision.

Too often judges reward that **** over the fighter who’s doing actual damage on the feet.

…wouldn’t have been surprised if RDA had gotten the decision if he hadn’t got got.
Thankfully it didn't appear the judges were crediting RDA with that strategy

1657470777796.png

Still learning about the sport, but I feel like becoming champ and essentially forcing it so it’s 5 round fights benefits Oliveira immensely.

Think trying to avoid getting submitted my him for 15 mins vs 25 is such a massive difference that benefits him so much more than it does his opponent, and with his absurd finish rate is a part of why he’s become a greater force since becoming champ.

That said, Volk says nobody in lightweight can hold him down including Makhachev and Charles, which would force the fight to be on the feet where he’s the better striker. And until it’s proven otherwise I have no reason to doubt him. The man seems like a force of mind over matter when he’s up for a challenge. The prospect of him moving up and shaking up LW is one of the most exciting storylines going forward.

Back
Top Bottom