The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

If Gordon would have been able to do absolute he would have walked away with three titles on Sunday. I can't stand his persona, but you can't deny he is above everyone else training BJJ and submission grappling right now. And I know Yuri won absolute, but he has to be one of the most boring grapplers around, he is saying that no one scored any points on him, but on the flip side I don't think he scored a single point the entire tournament. I think if Meregali didn't pull guard and get those penalties it would have been his win.

Agreed. He's beat Yuri in the past so he'd probably walk through him at this point in time.

Mica Galvao and Kade Ruotolo really impressed me aswel through the rounds. Both super dynamic and exciting to watch.

Agreed. He's beat Yuri in the past so he'd probably walk through him at this point in time.

Mica Galvao and Kade Ruotolo really impressed me aswel through the rounds. Both super dynamic and exciting to watch.

The younger generation is going to be tough to deal with.

One didn't workout for Eddie but I think he could still be part of some fun fights in the twilight of his career. Interested to see where he ends up.

Ufc put up the whole Raul Rosas Jr fight. Holy crap the upcoming generation is gonna be something great to watch. He’s an anomaly right now, but wait until his like-aged peers come debuting. There’s a generation of kids who grew up looking at MMA as an avenue in sports like basketball, football, etc….

I see a bunch of never beens criticizing how this kid would get eaten up. When really they don’t realize how great he’s performing for someone who’s just knocking on the door of development.

I hope those kids realize basketball and football pays a lot more and have unions.
Zion signed for $11 Million a year plus the endorsement deals as a rookie.

Izzy’s latest deal is supposedly (since there’s no transparency) $7 million a fight. But he’s like top 3%.

I can see young kids use MMA as an Avenue but NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL are probably better options. Heck maybe Tennis and Soccer.

Good luck at making the nba, lol

Even overseas is crazy competitive. Maybe you can get into the lower level asian leagues but idk, a lot of these dudes don’t have the physical attributes

Football? Nah man that ain’t it. The way they structure non guaranteed contracts and the CTE, no thanks

Now maybe futbol or baseball

Fighting is much easier to break into though. Even if it isn’t the highest paying you can make a living off it and if you have no other skill or option, fighting ain’t the worst thing

Chimaev’s Muslim teammate couldn’t have said it any better and with all respect regarding khabib

1663862372511.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom