The More Media Hype I Hear About LeBron 2010, The More....

I realize there will never be another Michael Jordan.
nerd.gif

what are you saying? that no one will ever be better than than mj? i'm no psychic, but i foresee someone being better than him eventually.

i'm sure the same was said about wilt, russell, dr j, etc

I believe legacies are ruined when you change teams....

Duncan, Kobe

are pretty much the only two i can think of who have in fact stuck it out through good and bad...and prevailed as GREAT and LEGENDS

Arguements people will use:
-MJ went to wizards
-Garnett went to boston
-Shaq went LA, then to miami then to pheonix

Problem is MJ was not in his prime anymore, second garnett legacy is some-what ruined...as he will always be the one who couldnt do it without all-starcast...and shaq? i think he may be the only anomoly (sp.) who created a legacy after a trade

i think ONCE u win ur ring with the team that defined you...it is okay to leave to another team....but if you leave before you dont win !$%*...your ajourneyman..and it will just continue from one contract to another...

LEBRON staying in cleaveland and winning 4-6 RINGS or lebron going to another team and win 1-2 RINGS....i will take him staying with 1 team for the wholecareer...as did michael..as did duncan...as did Kobe

Originally Posted by copped

Duncan, Kobe

are pretty much the only two i can think of who have in fact stuck it out through good and bad...and prevailed as GREAT and LEGENDS

-MJ went to wizards
-Garnett went to boston

Problem is MJ was not in his prime anymore, second garnett legacy is some-what ruined...as he will always be the one who couldnt do it without all-star cast...and shaq? i think he may be the only anomoly (sp.) who created a legacy after a trade

i think ONCE u win ur ring with the team that defined you...it is okay to leave to another team....but if you leave before you dont win !$%*...your a journeyman..and it will just continue from one contract to another...

LEBRON staying in cleaveland and winning 4-6 RINGS or lebron going to another team and win 1-2 RINGS....i will take him staying with 1 team for the whole career...as did michael..as did duncan...as did Kobe
...Jordan won 6 titles with the bulls. Played 10+ seasons there. He didn't switch teams to win a title, his legacy is fine. Are Brett Favreand Joe Montana's legacys ruined as well?

Originally Posted by swizzc

Duncan, Kobe

-MJ went to wizards
-Garnett went to boston

Problem is MJ was not in his prime anymore, second garnett legacy is some-what ruined...as he will always be the one who couldnt do it without all-star cast...and shaq? i think he may be the only anomoly (sp.) who created a legacy after a trade

i think ONCE u win ur ring with the team that defined you...it is okay to leave to another team....but if you leave before you dont win !$%*...your a journeyman..and it will just continue from one contract to another...

LEBRON staying in cleaveland and winning 4-6 RINGS or lebron going to another team and win 1-2 RINGS....i will take him staying with 1 team for the whole career...as did michael..as did duncan...as did Kobe
...Jordan won 6 titles with the bulls. Played 10+ seasons there. He didn't switch teams to win a title, his legacy is fine. Are Brett Favre and Joe Montana's legacys ruined as well?

swizzc wrote:

Duncan, Kobe

-MJ went to wizards
-Garnett went to boston

...Jordan won 6 titles with the bulls. Played 10+ seasons there. He didn't switch teams to win a title, his legacy is fine. Are Brett Favre and Joe Montana's legacys ruined as well?

Word
laugh.gif
. Reading comprehension FAIL.

I agree with this. This Free agency stuff is out of control, no one is loyal to a franchise any more.

Kobe was real borderline but I understand after all that time he been there they were gonna use his name to sell tickets till he retired. The threat was madeand they made moves to win starting with bring Phil back.

Lebron should do the same thing by 2010 if no major changes then leave. Don't leave because you want your face in a bigger market.

As for Jordan, son went to Chicago even though back then playing in a major market didn't matter. Jordan put Chicago on the map with LA, Boston, and NY.

Jordan will probably always be the G.O.A.T. I'm just convinced it's divine intervention. Peep his story just perfect for any athlete.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

what are you saying? that no one will ever be better than than mj? i'm no psychic, but i foresee someone being better than him eventually.

how can you say someone is better than wilt? for god sakes the man scored 100points
how can you say someone is better than russel? did you see how many rings he has?
how can you say someone is better than dr j? he could make lay-ups BEHIND the hoop
how can you say someone is better than mj? how many guards win defensive player of the year?

see what i did there?

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

. Im sure there are people that think Wilt > Mj. Dr J > Mj and the list goes on. It just happens of most of NTs demographic grew up in the MJ era and areobsessed with the man.

There will be another MJ, its just not Lebron

Every generation has a great, superior player, one you can't question. Gotta wait it out.

Did y'all forget the # of different teams that were trying to get MJ when he was a free agent?

(I think it was SI, but I'm not sure) I remember a magazine article with MJ in a # of different uniforms.

I mean, he only got one of the fattest single year contracts in the history of pro sports.

There won't EVER be another MJ in the game. There won't even be another Eddy Curry in the game. That never makes to me...the next.

Another point. Free Agency has almost ruined basketball, but I will say, the times when Jordan was in his prime to now, times have changed. MJ just have leftfor a huge contract if he were playing today.

Originally Posted by Freshsince1982

I realize there will never be another Michael Jordan.
nerd.gif
Lets see you say that 5-10 years from now when Bon is in NY putting up 40 a night and leading the Knicks to titles
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nah but for real. Lebron can play i very well think that in the right system in the right place he can be near MJ. You gotta realize son is only 24 yearsold!!! he is already the most athletic freak in NBA history and is scary good already piutting up 30+ ppg, 7+ apg, and 7+ rpg in an offensive system that holdshim back imo seeing how he is so good in the open floor.

sure maybe he wants out of Cleveland (in his defense never really said that in exact words but he only added on possbility that he will come to NY instead ofputting it down). But ome on i bet if MJ was in $$$$+!+ Cleveland he would want out too
laugh.gif
. He was drafted in to huge market Chicago, why would he need to leave? e didpeace early to play baseball though.
sick.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Did y'all forget the # of different teams that were trying to get MJ when he was a free agent?

(I think it was SI, but I'm not sure) I remember a magazine article with MJ in a # of different uniforms.

I mean, he only got one of the fattest single year contracts in the history of pro sports.
I'm pretty sure he was close to signing with the Knicks at one time.

He was Nasmatic.

And you know what?
I want to see Bron not go to the Knicks just to see the city of New York implode.
I got dudes over here bragging to me about something that MAY happen in 2 years
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

He was Nasmatic.

And you know what?
I want to see Bron not go to the Knicks just to see the city of New York implode.
I got dudes over here bragging to me about something that MAY happen in 2 years
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i love how all of yall think we are $+!!*% if we dont get Bron. Fact is good things happen when you get under the cap. If we dont get LeBron 2010has one of the best FA class of all team. We are bound to leave 2010 with AT LEAST one franchise player. Which is more than i can say about any Knicks teamsince Pat left. Whether it be LeBron or not (hopefully it is) fact is this is not an all or nothin plan. There is a reason there are at least 15 teams in the Ltrying to shed cap space. Good things happen when you are getting under cap, the best step to a rebuilding team is to clear cap. We will get someone in 2010hopefully LeBron but if it isnt we are not $+!!*%. Do you think all 15 teams shedding cap think they will all get Lebron? Nah yo, but right now we are thefavorites and im fine with that.

Originally Posted by MrMoneyInDaBank

Don't see the connection.
Because their isnt one.

There are a few subjects on NT that some will find almost any excuse to post about.

This thread = fail.

i2n5mb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom