The More Media Hype I Hear About LeBron 2010, The More....

if Bron goes to NY and wins championships there, his legend wont be jordanesque anymore, more like shaqesque. It's always more impressive for a kid tobring glory to a stinking franchise from draft day, not from trade day. That's what separates the duncans and jordans from the shaq's and garnetts,each one is great but their paths are different

Originally Posted by AirSalgado

if Bron goes to NY and wins championships there, his legend wont be jordanesque anymore, more like shaqesque. It's always more impressive for a kid to bring glory to a stinking franchise from draft day, not from trade day. That's what separates the duncans and jordans from the shaq's and garnetts, each one is great but their paths are different
Man i dont know bout that. Jordan was mad close to leaving and he played oin big market Chicago since he got drafted. The Lakers entire history isFULL of sucess. The Kbicks now are more like the Bulls when Jordan got there than the winning rich Lakers. Jordans legacy got even more enhanced because heplayed in a big market #1 and on a team that was hungry for sucess.

Even though the Knicks were great in the 90s they didnt win a ring (+%!@%%@ MJ). theyy havent won one since 1973 and only 2 in their entire history, and NY isthe biggest basketball city in the world and the biggest marketing city in the world. Not to mention this abomination of a decade this has been. 2010 is thestart of the new decae and hopefully that will start by change and landing Bron. If he wins rings with the Knicks like Jordan did with the Bulls, in a citywith that much marketability and with fans that hungry for success. At the end of the day i think his legacy could be Jordan-esque.

I dont think its about how you do it. whether you were drafted or signed its all about the situations you were in. If MJ was drafted by Cleveland i bet yu hewould have wanted out as well there is a reason why all bg time superstars (minus guys that seem to just not like the limelight like Tim Dunacan which is notthe kind of guy Lbron is like) always tend to gravitate to big cities when they are given the oppurtunity to. Shaq had a GREAT team in Orland fresh out of thefinals but still went to LA cause Orlando wasnt the kind of big market city, when MJ was a FA he wasnt looking at teams like Cleveland he was looking at teamslike the Knicks or sticking with the Bulls (which he did), its the reason guys like Ewing never left the Knicks in hs prime depite not winning a title, it isthe reason Kobe has stuc in LA for so long and the reason that when he did want out he would excersize his no trade clause unless he landed in a NY or aChicago. it is a reason that all of the history rich franchises or teams from big markets like the Celtics, Lakers, Knicks, Bulls, Pistons, etc.

This is why i can see a guy like Lebron getting out of Cleveland. I think that if he comes to the biggest marketing/bball city that has the hungriest fans interms of wanting to win right now, and if he can come and win a fre rings and get some MVPs (remember he has a LONG way ahead of him being only 24) he willhave a legacy compared to MJ or even better if he develops properly even though he wasnt drafted by the Knicks. If he can do what MJ did to chicago in NY atthis particular time (not like Shaq did in winning rich LA that has already seen the likes of Chamberlain, Kareem) he will be seen as the second coming ofJesus, and at least in NY the best basketball player of all time.

its just not the same man...winning with 1 team and getting traded because the reality is you can't win with that team is different...

seperates you from those who are GOAT and those who are just good/superstars..

Originally Posted by copped

I believe legacies are ruined when you change teams....

Duncan, Kobe

are pretty much the only two i can think of who have in fact stuck it out through good and bad...and prevailed as GREAT and LEGENDS

Arguements people will use:
-MJ went to wizards
-Garnett went to boston
-Shaq went LA, then to miami then to pheonix

Problem is MJ was not in his prime anymore, second garnett legacy is some-what ruined...as he will always be the one who couldnt do it without all-star cast...and shaq? i think he may be the only anomoly (sp.) who created a legacy after a trade

i think ONCE u win ur ring with the team that defined you...it is okay to leave to another team....but if you leave before you dont win !$%*...your a journeyman..and it will just continue from one contract to another...

LEBRON staying in cleaveland and winning 4-6 RINGS or lebron going to another team and win 1-2 RINGS....i will take him staying with 1 team for the whole career...as did michael..as did duncan...as did Kobe
roll.gif

Are you serious???

Originally Posted by tmukg21

There will be another MJ, its just not Lebron

Every generation has a great, superior player, one you can't question. Gotta wait it out.

But, there has never been a player to command/dwell such a dominance amongst his peers in a league ever. You can question Wilt, but then there will always bethe story of how he didn't have much competition.

Jordan is the only player to dominate a league for almost an entire decade, during arguably the NBA's "golden age". This man alone has deprivedgreats like Ewing, Barkely, Stockton and Malone to name a few from getting rings...the list goes on and on.

I don't know if we'll ever see another player do the things or match what Jordan did. The standard is just too high.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Did y'all forget the # of different teams that were trying to get MJ when he was a free agent?

(I think it was SI, but I'm not sure) I remember a magazine article with MJ in a # of different uniforms.

I mean, he only got one of the fattest single year contracts in the history of pro sports.
$30 Million each year for two straight years. Some people consider this one of the biggest reasons for the NBA lockout in 99'.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by tmukg21

There will be another MJ, its just not Lebron

Every generation has a great, superior player, one you can't question. Gotta wait it out.

But, there has never been a player to command/dwell such a dominance amongst his peers in a league ever. You can question Wilt, but then there will always be the story of how he didn't have much competition.

Jordan is the only player to dominate a league for almost an entire decade, during arguably the NBA's "golden age". This man alone has deprived greats like Ewing, Barkely, Stockton and Malone to name a few from getting rings...the list goes on and on.

I don't know if we'll ever see another player do the things or match what Jordan did. The standard is just too high.
You cant question Wilt not because of worse competition, but you can question hm because come playoff time it was usually russel on top. Wilt wasmore dominant but at the end of the day (and i hate to say it) MJ was the GOAT cause he ALWAYS came up and nobody beat him since his early years when he wouldlose to Isiah... and i mean nobody not even once.
smh.gif

stop riding lebrons jock...he aint near MJ and never will be...too cocky big headed and cares too much about money

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

There won't EVER be another MJ in the game. There won't even be another Eddy Curry in the game. That never makes to me...the next.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

034251deffa78ca71045fd0a2e01f4ff7ef8022.jpg

492152e4a5c51850f5c9a092d164c91c514186c.jpg

98c35ef3e07da9a8c1ec177a573b34b9f1814f7.jpg

NEVER will there be another guy as big of a lazy soft +#!$+ as Curry
laugh.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ai3mac1

stop riding lebrons jock...he aint near MJ and never will be...too cocky big headed and cares too much about money

tired.gif
I mean he is only human...

Originally Posted by ai3mac1

Jordan collected 30M + in both of his last seasons with the Bulls , no one complained
Lebron is just trying to secure a 140M payday (or whatever the max number), and getting to pick the city of his choice

The reason MJ collected 60 million dollars in those two season, is basically payback. At one point, during Jordan's prime years, he was the 6th highestpaid player in the NBA, despite being the top draw.

In a way, there's a new Michael Jordan every 5 or so years, but in another more accurate way, there will never be another Michael Jordan. And I don'tmean in the corny "There will never be another Magic Johnson, there will never be another Dominiuque Wilkins, there will never be another *insert someother very good player*" way, I mean, there will probably not be anyone as good as Michael Jordan.

if lebron plays until he is 38, injury free, he will be the goat

he will have all the stats, a lot of records, and he should have a bunch of rings. hopefully he doesn't get bored and/or hurt.

^^
indifferent.gif

Not always about numbers sir...a big reason why MJ is regarded so highly is due to his dominance.

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

what are you saying? that no one will ever be better than than mj? i'm no psychic, but i foresee someone being better than him eventually.

i'm sure the same was said about wilt, russell, dr j, etc
how can you say someone is better than wilt? for god sakes the man scored 100points
how can you say someone is better than russel? did you see how many rings he has?
how can you say someone is better than dr j? he could make lay-ups BEHIND the hoop
how can you say someone is better than mj? how many guards win defensive player of the year?

see what i did there?

b3126913f5ef77924eeb78b9363c77e016c93b65.jpg

I did!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

^^
indifferent.gif

Not always about numbers sir...a big reason why MJ is regarded so highly is due to his dominance.

if you're saying that lebron isn't dominating now, i would disagree. he'll be on top of this league for the next ten years. if lebron ever gets hispippen, it's a wrap.

i know you guys hold mike close to your heart, but he will be replaced. it happens in every sport, and in all walks of life

I agree, that there will not be another Jordan. Today's ball in the NBA is purely entertainment for me, you can't really ride for a team like you couldback in the day. Again, you are right, there will never be another Jordan, NEXT.

Back
Top Bottom