The NBA Draft Thread

It's funny how it goes from like 6'4 to 6'7 to 6'5 and now back to 6'4 lmao

How would Fultz look in Boston considering their roster? 

I believe 6'7 more, UK pro day measurements haven't been that reliable and they shorten the wingspan/standing reach to make the vertical look more impressive.

It's funny how it goes from like 6'4 to 6'7 to 6'5 and now back to 6'4 lmao

How would Fultz look in Boston considering their roster? 
I think that they'll be moving Avery Bradley either at the deadline or this summer. Fultz would probably come off bench to begin season until he shows that he can be good defensively. Then would probably replace Smart in the starting lineup.

Wouldn't see Fultz coming off the bench in any situation.

I think Boston trades the #1 pick for a superstar if they can.

I think that they'll be moving Avery Bradley either at the deadline or this summer. Fultz would probably come off bench to begin season until he shows that he can be good defensively. Then would probably replace Smart in the starting lineup.

That just doesn't make sense to me if you're a win-now team. You have a chance to get an established star in his prime that can put you over the top and have you compete for a championship as soon as this year. There's no way that the Celtics are a better team next year with no Bradley and Smart starting with Fultz coming off the bench than having a starting lineup with IT-Bradley-Butler-Horford for the next few years to compete against the Cavs.

Would Dennis Smith really fit with Philly? I get taking whomever the BPA is, if you believe he's the BPA, I'm just wondering how that would work

Wouldn't see Fultz coming off the bench in any situation.

I think Boston trades the #1 pick for a superstar if they can.
That just doesn't make sense to me if you're a win-now team. You have a chance to get an established star in his prime that can put you over the top and have you compete for a championship as soon as this year. There's no way that the Celtics are a better team next year with no Bradley and Smart starting with Fultz coming off the bench than having a starting lineup with IT-Bradley-Butler-Horford for the next few years to compete against the Cavs.
General consensus on Celts boards is that the only players we would trade the #1 pick for are ones that are not attainable (think Anthony Davis). Most would not trade it in a package for Jimmy Butler. Also, most people do not necessarily think the Celts are in win-now mode given the current landscape of league with Golden State and Cleveland being what they are. The Celtics can still easily be a top 5 team in the league over the next few seasons while also building a great team for the future when Golden State and Cleveland aren't dominating.

Next summer IT, Avery Bradley and Smart are all free agents. Avery will be the odd man out of that trio. The team that will really compete for a championship around 2019 or so will be centered around the 2 Nets picks, Brown, Smart, IT and maybe Noel if they can get him in free agency this summer.

Last edited:
Would Dennis Smith really fit with Philly? I get taking whomever the BPA is, if you believe he's the BPA, I'm just wondering how that would work

It's all gonna depend on what Simmons looks like when he steps onto the court after All-Star break. If he looks like he's going to legitimately be a real full-time point guard then Smith probably isn't the best fit to play off-ball. But if he looks like he's more-so going to be an Odom/Blake Griffin that has handles at the 4 and can bring the ball up himself when needed and make great passes then yeah we'll still need a point guard.

No.

They would basically be wasting the Simmons pick.

You draft either of them to be your primary ballhandler.

Simmons has to be on the ball a ton because he can't shoot & I'm not drafting DSJ to put him off the ball.

I don't like it. He's better than monk but thats my guy if I'm philly.

Pretty much. Simmons is gonna be the point guard. Nothing about him has shown that he's a Lamar Odom or a Blake griffin type player. If the sixers are gonna be all in on Simmons, they need to give him shooters that will knock down open shots consistently.

Top 3 pick you draft whoever is highest on your board not for fit ...only exception is if you have a rock solid superstar that's young or in his prime

Top 3 pick you draft whoever is highest on your board not for fit ...only exception is if you have a rock solid superstar that's young or in his prime

That's what the expectations for Simmons are so that's why we're in a predicament of waiting to see how he looks on the court before this draft

That's what the expectations for Simmons are so that's why we're in a predicament of waiting to see how he looks on the court before this draft
yea sucks Simmons been hurt ...it's not likely that we learn much from Simmons this season when he plays tho , I'm looking forward to next year for him

Whoever is the best guard available the sixers just gotta take him

If Dennis Smith is on the board the Sixers will draft him.

They wouldn't be trying to get back Jrue Holiday via trade if they didnt want another primary ball handler.

Last edited:
If Dennis Smith is on the board the Sixers will draft him.

They wouldn't be trying to get back Jrue Holiday via trade if they didnt want another primary ball handler.
I think jrue is more desirable because he can play off the ball and has solid scoring ability and a nice shot plus he can play defense and rebound. Hes ideal because if Simmons is the PG Jrue can do his thing and get open but can also alleviate Simmons at times. We don't need him as a primary PG

I'm not a fan of drafting the best available player because that may not address any of your actually needs. And then we'll just end up with a logjam at PG after already having a log jam at center

The sixers need this drafts equivalent of a JJ reddick. Whoever that may be

Last edited:
If sixers do land top 3 and Simmons can play full time PG, do they go with Isaac?

He can fill the sf position and can switch between pf and sf alongside Dario.

I think out of the top 5 talent we chose him.

The Lakers currently have a 44% chance of keeping the pick. I like those odds a lot, if they land between 4 and 6, I say we nab Monk then.

Even if one of them is a bust, it won't matter much because our franchise will be pretty much set for the next decade.

Out of anyone who is a lock for a top 10 pick, I would have to say I'm least fond of Tatum. I've heard you guys say maybe his skill set is better suited for the pros, so I get that, but that's just the feeling I've had since the start of the year and it hasn't changed yet. I could see how he can slide right into the pros though with his size and skill set, just have no clue about his floor nor ceiling

His attitude and mentality towards the game is my biggest red flag. He did show willingness to improve by trying to play within the offense so that's encouraging. But I'm not too high on him either.

While I agree Dennis Smith is not a good fit for the sixers, I just don't think sixers are good enough to be not taking BPA.

His attitude and mentality towards the game is my biggest red flag. He did show willingness to improve by trying to play within the offense so that's encouraging. But I'm not too high on him either.

I don't have a problem with his attitude. I have a problem with his outdated game.

I just don't think his jumper mechanics is one that will ever translate will to 3 point range.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom