The NBA Draft Thread

Mudiay is nowhere near the athlete he was hyped up to be, that's unwarranted. And everybody knew his jumper was broke coming out. He really didn't do much in a weak CBA league on top of missing half the season. He didn't prove anything in my eyes and I been saying that since day one, I don't go off hoop summits or whatever

Exum:

Who are you quoting? in your fallacious appeal to authority

Exum played, in two FIBA tournaments, hoop summit + addidas nations, these events were all attended by NBA scouts, it's not a mystery man.

people just overrating the quality of competition in the NCAA

How many NBA caliber prospects is the average lottery pick going to play against in college in a 30 game season...5?

also it seems to me you had enough info to decide Mudaiy wasn't that good, so again not a mystery.

Last edited:
From what I recall you're one of those guys that just keeps moving the goal posts so yea. Not expecting you to concede anything

From what I recall you're one of those guys that just keeps moving the goal posts so yea. Not expecting you to concede anything

point out where i did??

What exactly am I conceding any ways? I agree, Exum and Mudaiy haven't worked out this far, but they weren't mysteries, scouts got a look at them, this isn't a Gannis situation or a Bruno Caboclo situation where they were hooping in some 3rd division greek/brazillian league.

all im saying is....
The draft is an impossible puzzle that will make anyone who attempts to figure it out look stupid 50% of the time.

You try to have a good process and you don't throw it out because, the results don't work 100%

Jerry West said it best about the draft, (paraphrasing) "you should feel good if you hit 50% of the time".

@T1m_NBA Here's how Fultz and Ball stack up against each other in the PnR, shooting, scoring off of screens, and their scoring+passing efficiency

C66dHCPXEAA-KBA.jpg
@T1m_NBA And here's how Fultz and Ball compare in some key defensive areas

(C&S is catch and shoot)

C66gdR6WgAAmDpW.jpg

Last edited:
From Vice article posted a couple pages back-

"Washington didn't struggle because Fultz failed to produce. His numbers don't lie. His effective field-goal percentage on shots off the catch was 56.7 percent; off the bounce, his eFG was 50.9 percent, third among all high-major players. Fultz creates shots for others, too, ranking No. 20 in the nation in assist rate despite his teammates shooting just 28.6 percent from beyond the arc in Pac-12 play and finishing with a collective 49.4 eFG for the season, good for No. 225 in the nation."

I feel like Exum was gon have a breakout year before he tore his ACL. I don't even know what hes doing these days

And **** them numbers Fultz always gon be better than Ball to me idc lol

Also, Osh, where would you rank Doncic as a prospect? Read Deansondraft saying he was the best prospect since Bron which is hyperbole obviously but it seems to be that he's real special to be 17 and getting major burn on the best squad in Europe.

I've been wondering when it was time to start the Luka Doncic hype train.

It hard to understate how insane it is he's producing like he is at age 17, euro teams are haters to begin with, they never let young players shine if they can help it. :lol:

Good shooter, good athlete, awesome passer.

one thing that makes him hard for me to get a read on his ceiling, he can already do so many things well.

I haven't seen as much stuff as I normally do, but I'm following his games, going to be fun to see if he can develop.

Clearly taken the crown from rubio as the ebst euro prospect i've ever seen.

I just appreciate you for being the NT Fran Fraschilla

I try...wait I can't tell if this is an insult.:lol:

90% of this comes from following team canada in these FIBA tournaments in the summer, and then I usually watch the euro tournaments if euro hopes says there is someone new to watch,

Collins is a stud. Love his rapid improvement and the fact that he's just as young as all of the freshmen.

Mudiay's turnovers and lack of jumper were big red flags for me during the draft process. Also, I don't remember buying into the athletic hype that was surrounding him. Didn't really see the debate between him and DLo back then.

Jonathan Givony of Draft Express joins The Vertical Podcast with Woj to break down the NCAA tournament’s potential impact on the 2017 NBA Draft.
​Givony and Woj offer some bracket tips before digging into UCLA’s Lonzo Ball, Duke’s Jayson Tatum, and many of the stars who’ll impact this year’s deep NBA Draft. Givony delivers great perspective on how team’s weight March Madness in context of a prospect’s overall body of work.
​Woj and Givony also discuss the Luka Doncic, the 6-foot-8 teenager tearing up the EuroLeague for Real Madrid, a player whom many believe will be the No. 1 overall pick in the 2018 Draft.

https://art19.com/shows/vertical/episodes/2e69cf77-44f0-471f-88e6-2a7f97c07a33

Jonathan Givony of Draft Express joins The Vertical Podcast with Woj to break down the NCAA tournament’s potential impact on the 2017 NBA Draft.
​Givony and Woj offer some bracket tips before digging into UCLA’s Lonzo Ball, Duke’s Jayson Tatum, and many of the stars who’ll impact this year’s deep NBA Draft. Givony delivers great perspective on how team’s weight March Madness in context of a prospect’s overall body of work.
​Woj and Givony also discuss the Luka Doncic, the 6-foot-8 teenager tearing up the EuroLeague for Real Madrid, a player whom many believe will be the No. 1 overall pick in the 2018 Draft.

https://art19.com/shows/vertical/episodes/2e69cf77-44f0-471f-88e6-2a7f97c07a33

Listened to the pod this morning. Was pretty good.

Wasn't familiar w/ the Luka Doncic cat but now I have something to look for

Last edited:
Will Doncic be in next year's draft or the year after?

We have the Lakers 2018 unprotected pick if we don't get it this year and the Kings 2019 unprotected pick [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Last edited:

We have the Lakers 2018 unprotected pick if we don't get it this year and the Kings 2019 unprotected pick [emoji]128064[/emoji]

JG & Woj were saying it's possible for '18 but Real Madrid is going to do all they can to get him to play for at least another season (and there hadn't been any indication either way that he was looking for the first thing smoking out of RM) putting him in the '19 class

Absurd :lol:

Hinkie's going to be heading another franchise the second after his non-compete expires.

Back
Top Bottom