The NBA Draft Thread

Jaylen showed promise from the beginning, Brad Stevens very funny with the rotations.

I understand he's a rookie on a playoff team but still, some of the guys he was giving minutes to instead was :x.

Nah they actually were playing him at the 2 when Bradley was out. I think he probably could play the 4 in a small ball lineup down the line. Seems like your prototypical 3 though.
Really? I could have sworn I seen him playing there at times next to Amir Johnson

Edit welp stats wise doesn't look like they do . Hmm

Last edited:
He is WAY further along than I thought he would be this year. His motor, strength and athleticism have really helped. Hitting corner 3s at a pretty good clip. Has a decent post game and can slash and get to the line. Handle can be a little hot and cold. Overall, he has all of the tools and has shown flashes of everything. Just needs a few years of refinement.

Right now it's either a corner three or he gets as close to the basket as possible. He still has ways to go, but he is a high IQ player and cuts at the right times. I never looked at his work ethic, but I can see Jimmy Butler potential if he expands his offensive game. Nothing in his game screams red-flag as every aspect that needs improvement absolutely can be improved.

Jaylen Butler > Brandon Durant

Suck it Laker fans!

Right now it's either a corner three or he gets as close to the basket as possible. He still has ways to go, but he is a high IQ player and cuts at the right times. I never looked at his work ethic, but I can see Jimmy Butler potential if he expands his offensive game. Nothing in his game screams red-flag as every aspect that needs improvement absolutely can be improved.

Jaylen Butler > Brandon Durant

Suck it Laker fans!

LOL

Is Jaylen creating in the halfcourt? I know he's playing very well off others and can do things on the break (nice behind the back yesterday vs the Bulls).

I think that the Knicks have a very realistic chance in drafting either or.

As far as Fox being more like Jennings...how on earth did you come up with that comparison? If Fox's red flag is shooting threes, how is that related to a guy who is more than comfortable behind the stripe?

Jennings is shooting 32 percent from three, he's a non-shooter as well.

And they have similar bodies, both lefties, both are very fast, good passers. I think it's a pretty apt comparison.

There haven't been many players over the years I was sold on being a star as John Wall in 2010.

I can't believe I insulted him saying Mudiay could be Wall 2.0 :lol: :x

Fox is bigger than Jennings and more willing facilitator

Jennings has questionable iq even before the injury and chucks with the best of them

Jennings always seemed like a loose cannon while fox will at least try to stay within the offense and pick his spots rather than force

He's still SuperCoolBeas to me dammit :smh:

Issac strikes me as the Myles Turner of the draft. Physical profile, skillset everything is there, just played for a ****** coach that didn't know how to properly feature his game.

Just want Markannen or Issac on the Knicks.

The Fox is John Wall thing is cool but he isn't the athlete Wall is and not being able to shoot is a death penalty for every other PG.

He's a lot more Brandon Jennings than John Wall.

I like Lauri but I'm scared of becoming Sixers 2.0 with 3 bigs. On paper, Porzingis-Markkanen-Hernangomez is a better fit than Embiid-Okafor-Noel tho.

If we stay in the 6-8 range I want Isaac or Ntilikina

Draftexpress got a whole new layout and actually has the team draft order

I don't see how Portland drafts Frank though lol

There's a prospect named "ALPHA". NT gonna love this

If SAC ends up with Smith and Monk you can't be mad

Fox is a much better athlete and should be able to finish a lot better than Jennings, that's why I kinda don't like that comparison

I'm still up and down on Fox. When he's great he's great, when he's bad, he's bad. He might be the left handed Elfrid Payton

I'm struggling to find any important parallels between those trios, Nick.
nick just doesn't want all the young talent to be in the front court and have ****** perimeter play, which is completely understandable.

Yeah this is what I was trying to say.

If Lauri is the BPA I won't be mad at all if we take him. Just prefer a guard/wing.

I prefer cyborg or android. The term robot is too ancient and limited to me.

Last edited:
Is Jaylen creating in the halfcourt? I know he's playing very well off others and can do things on the break (nice behind the back yesterday vs the Bulls).
Honestly, he's probably our 2nd best iso scorer, which is kind of sad :lol:

He'll try taking his man a few times a game, but he also doesn't get a ton of opportunities. If he's on the court with the majority of the starters, he usually spends a lot of time in the corner. He has a really good work ethic though, that the coaching staff raves about, so I'm pretty confident that he's going to be able to improve at a pretty quick pace.

He and The Black Gordon Hayward could have been magical

Indiana got fleeced.

Ended up just letting George Hill walk to the Jazz for cheap while paying more for Teague who isn't as good.

Shouts to the Spurs and Chip Engelland.

Without their player development skills and environment, Kawhi isn't who he is now.

Obviously his work ethic and IQ speaks for itself but that in tandem with the organizational excellence just made his ceiling even higher.

Same reason why it's not problem to be a little high on Jaylen Brown because he's similar in a way.

Elite physical tools
Work Ethic
Intelligence
Drafted on to a winning team with a great coach and culture

He'll have a chance to be a special player.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom