The NBA Draft Thread

Isaac top 3? :lol:

An extremely versatile 6'11" player who can handle the ball and split defenders like a guard (watch below at 0:06), post up, shoot from long range (0:11), block shots, has a motor on the glass, play excellent D on the perimeter (0:42), has mad length, is athletic, and can probably guard 4 positions. Why not?

I just don't think he's going to be an NBA level consistent scorer. Don't question his ability to rebound or play defense, though I don't think he's going to be guarding NBA point guards and if he doesn't put weight on, power forwards.

No reason why Isaac can't be a bigger Otto Porter

Porter was a little more aggressive as a scorer in college, Isaac just doesn't hit me the same way on offense. I get the situation he was in didn't help but regardless something about what I've seen has held me back about being all in on him. It's just a guess though, I do like Isaac and would like to see him become a beast.

Before anything I've only watched maybe 2 NCAA games the whole year I'm basing this of highlights and scouting reports

My personal opinion
DSJr>>Fox
Isaac>Jackson>Taytum

I also really hope Lonzo turns into a superstar hopefully not on the lakers

I also really hope Lonzo turns into a superstar hopefully not on the lakers

13181491_1710255595900711_833942054_n.jpg

Danny Ainge is really going to regret this. Beyond stupid.

"Lets flip into win now mode when we wont beat LeBron anyways". 

Last edited:
Lol and we get to keep all our own picks over the next three years and the Kings unprotected 2019 pick

Have fun with the 30th pick in 2021, Celtics
How y'all plan on having the 30th pick with the American Red Cross roster of yours?

I'm not positive but I don't think he's that dumb. He's gotta be looking at a Jimmy Butler. No way you intentionally build thru the draft with Jaylen brown as your best prospect going forward
He's absolutely looking to parlay this trade into Butler. Building around the best player in the 2016 draft for the future isn't such a bad thing though.

He won't be giving up both the #3 AND the Lakers 2018 for Butler. By not doing that, you get to shoot your shot against CLE/GSW and still get what could be 2 top 5 picks in next year's draft.

I would agree with you if they flipped their picks for butler or George

Is this the forgone conclusion? Or does ainge see Jackson as a star all the while still getting a possible top 3-5 pick again next year in another intriguing draft? Plus whatever Phillys first round pick ends up being...

Building around the best player in the 2016 draft for the future isn't such a bad thing though.

Bold take

He won't be giving up both the #3 AND the Lakers 2018 for Butler. By not doing that, you get to shoot your shot against CLE/GSW and still get what could be 2 top 5 picks in next year's draft.

How is he not going to give up those picks? Weren't the bulls asking for even more than that around this time last year?
I would agree with you if they flipped their picks for butler or George

Is this the forgone conclusion? Or does ainge see Jackson as a star all the while still getting a possible top 3-5 pick again next year in another intriguing draft? Plus whatever Phillys first round pick ends up being...

Maybe Jackson is insurance in case you don't sign hayward and otherwise he's a trade piece

Last edited:

He wont be getting Butler without one of those picks and a core piece. Having both picks> Butler and one of the picks. You're gonna lose anyways.

So it's something along the lines of this for the #1.

2017 #3
2018 #8
2021 #25
you really think the Lakers will be 8th worst in the league? Lakers still probably bottom 5 next year. so more like 2018 4th or 5th pick

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. Three consecutive years of the #2 pick, they eventually gotta win 30+ games.

Last edited:
And thats too much for me. they'll still lose and for what?
I think an IT-Butler-Hayward-Horford core with a decent bench could beat Cleveland. Golden State is obviously incredible, but if an injury happens, they are all of the sudden pretty vulnerable. Imagine if Zaza falls into KD a bit higher and dude ends up missing the rest of the season/playoffs instead of the 20 games he missed.

I think an IT-Butler-Hayward-Horford core with a decent bench could beat Cleveland. Golden State is obviously incredible, but if an injury happens, they are all of the sudden pretty vulnerable. Imagine if Zaza falls into KD a bit higher and dude ends up missing the rest of the season/playoffs instead of the 20 games he missed.

IT at 30 mil , no thanks

Back
Top Bottom