The NBA Draft Thread

Lakers fans ought to start preparing for the big disappointment tomorrow. 

Media doing a superior job of hyping Lonzo and making him seem like a lock at #2 even when nothing stands out about his workout or college tape. So why all the allure? Why does the media continue to hype him up as the next special thing in Los Angeles? 

Could it be that the media is setting up Lavar and his son for a little bit of karma, as conspiracy theorists would say, because he hasn't been able to keep his big mouth shut and perhaps has overdone himself?

Lavar's big mouth guarantees that Lonzo will be a Laker. Lavar tells the world Lonzo has $500 shoes. Lavar says he would've beaten Michael Jordan 1-on-1.

As expected, the media buys it, runs with it, and takes it to another level. Next thing you know, the media tells all y'all that Lonzo is a lock at #2 even though Lonzo has an average NCAA tournament performance. But y'all buy it, thinking he's the next Jason Kidd lol. Yet y'all don't realize the media bringing him up just to tear him down at the end. That's what the media is great at. 

Meanwhile, Fox and Jackson go about their business and do their thing quietly but surely.

So the Media continues to swiftly build up Lonzo and his name, the Ball family is at an all time high, then BOOM! As if like a magic trick, just when everyone and their grandmothers think LAL is gonna take him, Magic and Rob "shock" the NBA world by drafting someone else. 

Lavar is brought back down to earth, the Ball family hits a dose of reality and realize all that hype was for naught because Lonzao "fell" to #4 or #5. People are wondering how this could be and how they didn't expect such a thing especially after everyone said the Lakers were going to draft him.

My oh my, how sweet the karma is. People may even blame Lavar for ruining his son's chances.

giphy.gif

Whip wrong again :rofl:

Lakers fans ought to start preparing for the big disappointment tomorrow. 

Media doing a superior job of hyping Lonzo and making him seem like a lock at #2 even when nothing stands out about his workout or college tape. So why all the allure? Why does the media continue to hype him up as the next special thing in Los Angeles? 

Could it be that the media is setting up Lavar and his son for a little bit of karma, as conspiracy theorists would say, because he hasn't been able to keep his big mouth shut and perhaps has overdone himself?

Lavar's big mouth guarantees that Lonzo will be a Laker. Lavar tells the world Lonzo has $500 shoes. Lavar says he would've beaten Michael Jordan 1-on-1.

As expected, the media buys it, runs with it, and takes it to another level. Next thing you know, the media tells all y'all that Lonzo is a lock at #2 even though Lonzo has an average NCAA tournament performance. But y'all buy it, thinking he's the next Jason Kidd lol. Yet y'all don't realize the media bringing him up just to tear him down at the end. That's what the media is great at. 

Meanwhile, Fox and Jackson go about their business and do their thing quietly but surely.

So the Media continues to swiftly build up Lonzo and his name, the Ball family is at an all time high, then BOOM! As if like a magic trick, just when everyone and their grandmothers think LAL is gonna take him, Magic and Rob "shock" the NBA world by drafting someone else. 

Lavar is brought back down to earth, the Ball family hits a dose of reality and realize all that hype was for naught because Lonzao "fell" to #4 or #5. People are wondering how this could be and how they didn't expect such a thing especially after everyone said the Lakers were going to draft him.

My oh my, how sweet the karma is. People may even blame Lavar for ruining his son's chances.
giphy.gif

Whip wrong again
roll.gif
Knock ya self out.

I'll bet you $250 that Lonzo takes the Lakers to the playoffs this year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom