The NBA needs to do some team name changes

SuperStock_837-431.jpg

9fe161108059eb46bb468c17a5afaadf98c8918e.gif

^true. the minny lakers and the n.o. jazz makes tons of sense. when a team leaves a city they should think like ok jazz doesnt have anything at all to do withutah, so leave the name back in new orleans. all teams should do what the sonics did when they moved to okc, except come up with something better than theultra lame thunder.

and yes i know that the sonics were forced to change names and color schemes as part of leaving seattle, but i still think what they did should have happenedwhen other teams moved from a location and had a name that was related to that location.

Originally Posted by Verdykt

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Utah Bobcats?

sick.gif

Get outta here with that
laugh.gif

Why don't Stern just throw together a team-name lottery?
laugh.gif
Last pick automatically gets stuck with "_________ Princesses."
laugh.gif
no need for a lottery, toronto would call first dibs.

not gonna lie. the thunder sounds like a wnba team. at least they didn't steal the sonics name though

Originally Posted by SuperVi11ain

not gonna lie. the thunder sounds like a wnba team. at least they didn't steal the sonics name though

Thunder sounds JUST as much of a "WNBA" name as does the Lakers, Magic, Heat, Nets, Rockets, and Wizards.

Sometimes people just hear someone else say something (Ex: Thats a WNBA team name) and just run with it themselves.

The Barons sounded so much better than The Thunder
smh.gif

Some defunct teams would sound cool today...
Bullets,
Capitols,
Miners..if SF had its own team
pimp.gif

Royals
Wingfoots
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Las Vegas Barons
pimp.gif

Montana Wingfoots
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

when i was younger, i always thought the Clippers had something to do with the barber device. i aint learn about Clipper Ships until 11th grade.

eek.gif
4 real? Up until reading this post, I thought it was related to a barbers clippers
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

I sometimes wonder if the Warriors would receive the same amount of love throughout the Bay Area if they were called the 'Oakland Warriors', instead ofGolden State.

They prolly would since they're the only Basketball ticket in town but some SF sports-only homers might not want to rock with an 'Oakland' team.

Originally Posted by 40 5

the charlotte bobcats should be changed back to the charlotte hornets, new orleans should go back to being the new orleans jazz, and utah should be the utah bobcats. i dont know about anyone else but ive been thinking that those team names fit so much better and would probably sell alot more jerseys and what not
this is stupid. the owners moved their franchises, along with the names to their new and current locations.

Thunder is the worst name ever thought up.. need to start wearing throwbacks every thursday game... throwback thursdays

Back
Top Bottom