*****The New Official Jordan 11"Space Jam" 09 Thread ! Vol: No Bs Please !*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just called Fedex CS and it looks like my package was delayed and is still in freaking Memphis. Most likely Monday is the date I will get them.

Oh well just glad I got them with ease, a few more days won't hurt.

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

I don't think I've ever seen so many people complain in my life, a bunch of cry babies
2ivxi1d.gif

if you didn't get a pair just do some homework and look out for restocks. There are NTers that look out for people at cost, and also sites like solez who took pre-orders. Also 410 is helping out by charging retail and doing phone orders when he could be charging a markup and they would still sell.

Amen, you could have gotten them if you really wanted them. Many ways to do it. Just be resourceful.

Originally Posted by crossshooter

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

it is what it is, i really don't feel bad for some people on here because they had months to either establish hookups or plan a way to get them. i passed on the space jams but the manager at the place i go to on a regular basis was willing to hold a pair until whenever i woke up and give me the employee 30% off because he knows i take care of him when he needs a favor.

i do feel bad for the 14-15 year old kid or the guy who's been collecting shoes that doesn't know about niketalk or the parents who were trying to get a pair for their kid but got shafted because of a reseller.

if a reseller really bothers you though, grow a pair of balls and call them out on it when you see them walking out the store with all those shoes. i won't lie i suge knighted my way into getting a reseller to sell me my size 11.5 columbias for retail back in 2001 when i saw that this guy bought all 6 size 11.5 pairs they had. i wanted 1 pair for me to wear and i won't lie i was furious when i saw what he pulled.

i had my friends with me so that helped because he looked kinda shook but i told him straight up, " i don't want no problems but you took every 11.5 and thats my size, i'm giving you retail plus tax for one of those pairs and you do whatever you want with the rest"

he begrudingly took my $137.50 and we both went our seperate ways.

love the story, teach them some lessons man. lol

i was 15 at the time of the columbia release. i went through hell to get the $137.50 to get my pair, saving up money and doing other stuff, plus i had toditch school since the release was on a wednesday. i got to the store at 6:30am, i was NOT comming up empty handed that day. i brought my friends with meso that i wouldn't have no trouble going home with my shoes.

i'm not a grimey person though, if someone bought the last pair and he had only bought one pair i woulda took the L and moved on, but the guy reallybought all 6 pairs of the columbias in MY SIZE. hell no i wasn't having that
laugh.gif

^^ true, even in very sneaker-head populated areas, u just have to know ur area. some were fortunate enuff to stroll in at 10am and still have a fsr., but forbay area heads like myself, had to show up early.. although my expereince wasnt bad.

showed up at 4:15am , doors opened at 5am, ftl opened at 5:30. left with my pair no problemo

shoutout to those who went to HILLSDALE MALL!!

it is what it is, i really don't feel bad for some people on here because they had months to either establish hookups or plan a way to get them. i passed on the space jams but the manager at the place i go to on a regular basis was willing to hold a pair until whenever i woke up and give me the employee 30% off because he knows i take care of him when he needs a favor.

i do feel bad for the 14-15 year old kid or the guy who's been collecting shoes that doesn't know about niketalk or the parents who were trying to get a pair for their kid but got shafted because of a reseller.

if a reseller really bothers you though, grow a pair of balls and call them out on it when you see them walking out the store with all those shoes. i won't lie i suge knighted my way into getting a reseller to sell me my size 11.5 columbias for retail back in 2001 when i saw that this guy bought all 6 size 11.5 pairs they had. i wanted 1 pair for me to wear and i won't lie i was furious when i saw what he pulled.

i had my friends with me so that helped because he looked kinda shook but i told him straight up, " i don't want no problems but you took every 11.5 and thats my size, i'm giving you retail plus tax for one of those pairs and you do whatever you want with the rest"

i was 15 at the time of the columbia release. i went through hell to get the $137.50 to get my pair, saving up money and doing other stuff, plus i had to ditch school since the release was on a wednesday. i got to the store at 6:30am, i was NOT comming up empty handed that day. i brought my friends with me so that i wouldn't have no trouble going home with my shoes.

i'm not a grimey person though, if someone bought the last pair and he had only bought one pair i woulda took the L and moved on, but the guy really bought all 6 pairs of the columbias in MY SIZE. hell no i wasn't having that
laugh.gif

brave. i guess i would do the same thing too cz it's something i truely love and i wont let the reseller ruin my day.

I got word the a footlocker in CT will have a restock mid next week. Thats when a lot of places will get them. Around January 4th.

Originally Posted by bak ymmij

I just called Fedex CS and it looks like my package was delayed and is still in freaking Memphis. Most likely Monday is the date I will get them.

Oh well just glad I got them with ease, a few more days won't hurt.

Ok... so even though it shows they are in my hometown.. .are they probably in Memphis?? So I paid for 2 day shipping for nothing? SMH

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

still no shipping confirmation for me from fnl.

they said it may take up to 3 days to get shipped. then will receive a delivery comfirmation from ups. they also said since the status is in process itspossible it may get cancelled.

i was 15 at the time of the columbia release. i went through hell to get the $137.50 to get my pair, saving up money and doing other stuff, plus i had to ditch school since the release was on a wednesday. i got to the store at 6:30am, i was NOT comming up empty handed that day. i brought my friends with me so that i wouldn't have no trouble going home with my shoes.

i'm not a grimey person though, if someone bought the last pair and he had only bought one pair i woulda took the L and moved on, but the guy really bought all 6 pairs of the columbias in MY SIZE. hell no i wasn't having that
laugh.gif

brave. i guess i would do the same thing too cz it's something i truely love and i wont let the reseller ruin my day.

yeah, the funny thing though is that i really don't knock reselling as long as it doesn't affect me. when it affects me then i have a way differentview on it.

the thing is though is that alot of these resellers aren't street smart in the sense that their not very discrete when they go about getting their pairs. if theres a line of people camping out or trying to get something and your strolling out with a bunch of pairs of that item, its common sense that people aregoing to get mad and possibly have a moblike attitude.

if i was reselling i would go in the morning or night before, pay for all my pairs and tell the manager i would come back for them later that day when themadness died down.

releases like these are when it's good to have people from the inside helping you though. i know some people are to busy to be looking for and trying tomake connects, but whenever your in footlocker or wherever you go, just make small talk with the employees, let them see your face and kinda know who you are that way when a big release comes around you can talk to them about trying to get them to secure a pair for you and they'll be alot more willing.

expect a restock on NDC come monday early to mid morning
happy.gif
not sure boutFNL but theres a good chance Eastbay will restock too
smokin.gif
just dont knowwhen
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by epicwin

well finishline ain't restocking i just called 3 places. oh well. 200$ more for me
smile.gif
laugh.gif
thats an excellent way to look at it! im out 200dollars
frown.gif

To those who ordered from Finishline, give them a call cause your order might have not been processed or doesn't exist even though your credit card gotcharged. I just got off from talking with my bank & they told me my money is on hold so I just told them to cancel it. Oh well there goes my chance ofdoubling up & having one to rock & one to stock

Originally Posted by edunpeal

expect a restock on NDC come monday early to mid morning
happy.gif
not sure bout FNL but theres a good chance Eastbay will restock too
smokin.gif
just dont know when
eyes.gif

pimp.gif

How do you know though?

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by 335i

One of the best Jordan's off all time is finally back, the Retro 11 Space Jams. These Retro XI's were released in 1996 when Michael Jordan starred in the movie, "Space Jam". With inspiration drawn from a tuxedo design, the Space Jams feature a black patent leather and mesh upper, along with a varsity royal Jumpman logo. The white midsole sitting on a clear outsole completes the look that only Jordan Brand can design. For all your cushioning and support needs, the Retro 11 has a Phylon midsole with a full-length Air-Sole unit and carbon fiber plate. http://www.finishline.com...Id=prod650234&icid=11152 THIS IS NOT TRUE - SPACE JAMS DIDNT RELEASE UNTIL 2001 ... FNL GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!
laugh.gif

You're taking their description wrong.

They're describing the shoe and not the colorway.

funny how a week ago, this thread was flooded with "no need to camp", "these are a GR you can roll up to the mall at noon and pick themup", blahzey blah...

I went with my instinct, camped for like 7 hours, and got my two size 9s without too much of a hassle.

and on the resell topic since it seems that this is what this thread has turned into, i'm not knockin resellers for doing what they do. If I had the breadI would have bought 54241561 pairs and flipped them too lol

Anyway, good luck to those who missed out and are on the hunt for their pair or two!

Originally Posted by hotbutter

^^ true, even in very sneaker-head populated areas, u just have to know ur area. some were fortunate enuff to stroll in at 10am and still have a fsr., but for bay area heads like myself, had to show up early.. although my expereince wasnt bad.

showed up at 4:15am , doors opened at 5am, ftl opened at 5:30. left with my pair no problemo

shoutout to those who went to HILLSDALE MALL!!

Im located in central/north jersey. close to Newark. You got a lot of sneaker heads out here but this part of the area is a little urban so you sneaker spotsare kinda spread out. you just have to know your stuff. I was fortunate enough to cop a pair a week before release at one of my spots. Im good with the managerso he called me up to get my pair for retail. When I got the shoes, I didn't like the shape and the front toe on one of the foots was kinda crooked, alittle noticable so I sold them the same day I got them on ebay for $250. kind of mad that I got rid of my pair because I seen someone with them on and theylooked good. Didn't think I would find another pair in my size for retail and today I lucked out. and these size 10's are wayyyy better than the ones Icopped last week. shape and sole is on point. definatly keeping these but I copped another pair to sell or probably trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom