* The New TEAM SC Official post *

Gamecocks 
pimp.gif
Alshon > Julio Jones

8a7353cce24f3235fd4f68eccfb2b0cf591c037.jpg

Two NEW DTLR's opened in COLUMBIA one at COLUMBIANA MALL, and the other at COLUMBIA MALL, went to the one at COLUMBIANA and copped these today

They Had a FULL SIZE RUN!!!!!

^^^thx stan, i hope you like tht HALO as MUCH AS I DIDNT!!! hahaha but i copped tht MEDAL OF HONOR(TIER 1) havent stop playen it yet, but i cant wait till the 26th for that STAR WARS an RAW VS SMACKDOWN 2011!!!!!!

Black/Blue Flightposite 2 at the outlet right now for 99 bucks.

FSR.

Im waiting for the inevitable price drop on these, and im all over them.

Also, diamond turf in GS sizes for 49 bucks (teals and ravens colorway)
frown.gif
  wish they had mens.

Anyhoo.. hope everyone is well. Just laying low for the end of the year along with what 2011 brings. Couild be interesting.

DTLR in Columbia. anything good? is it worth a road trip?

^^^^Ron The DTLR are the same as any other one, dont think its worth a road trip YET, but maybe later on in the year who knows!!!!

I'm not sure any DTLR is worth a road trip worthy only thing better about them is they put stuff on sale quicker the selection is hit or miss

Cool. I've never beeen to a DTLR so I was just curious. Anyhoo......

Chico- Not sure man. I'm waiting too for them to open up. Gotta re-stock up on some basics.......

a polo store at tanger...furthering the epidemic of those out to ruin ralph lauren's name lol.

its ok though, because as said previously, man makes the clothes, clothes dont make the man.

either who...i'm all over the XIII's that are coming out. probably even trying to cop the royal blue foams coming back out(again)

btw...if my boring store gets any GR's worth having i'll keep everyone posted.

^^ Lol, yea I said the same thing when I saw that a store was opening. I'm just looking forward to coppin the small things like beanies, boxers, and things for my boys. I get my Lo online and from the rugby website mostly but hoping I can take advantage of a deal or two 
ohwell.gif

yea i'm not gonna lie and say i want take advantage of a good deal on some outerwear lol...

S/N: For those who have been into this Sneaker Community for a while....Can you believe the drastic changes that have occurred in the

sneaker world. All the re-re-re releases, and everything just sitting around. Most importantly the lack of quality...Speak on it please.

Okay Ryan here's my take. its amazes me how nothing sells out hardly anymore, and how releases just sit on shelves and collect dust now. I would have never imagined the game turning to a point where a sought after "GR" Jordan release comes out, and we are all in the frame of mind not to instantly cop anymore . Its more along the lines of " Sheed.. i'll wait til they hit the outlets". LOL. Economy played a role in sales not being what they once was... but FAKES messed EVERYTHING up!

I've always preached quality>quantity, and now "quality" is now an afterthought.Its just laughable honestly. OG jordans, Force Ones quality was superb. Not this flimsy leather, chipping midsole crap we are being sold now. I sat back this year, and I can count on one hand how many kicks i've bought. BTW.. I averaged about 5 kicks a month when I was buying kicks on the regular. Everything goes on sale now and or to the outlets. In short, there is no sense of urgency for pick ups anymore. Real talk. Cause they will now always linger around for the low.

I'm still gonna cop here and there, and def for my son RJ, but my stance, "what else is there left for ME to buy?" Nike is gonna retro EVERYTHING and nothing is sacred anymore. And mark my words.. they gonna creep Nike Air back on jordan retros just because "they can".  "Newer" Nike releases are just average, and they a totally living off of their past. I bought the Air max 09 running shoes, and thats the first non retro Nike I bought since god knows when. Face it, the shoe game is a wrap! It will never be the same like it was in years past.

2011 will be the "same soup just reheated".  Same sh-- different day.

thanks for your piece Ron: i agree with the sense of urgency whole heartedly...almost every release i have no problems passing on

and Exec: the game is like a ghetto single mother...poppin em out back to back to back from all directions. no time to think on it before another one comes out

would any others like to put their half cents in?

It's become so redundant that it's comical honestly.  It makes absolutely no sense to shell out $150+ on a shoe that A) will show obvious wear & tear after 3-4 wears maximum, B) will re-release in 2-3 years, and C) can be bought at a very discounted price sometime down the line.

Here is a quick formula to explain each player in the "shoe game" right now:

1) The conscious consumer: Decreased quality + over saturation = lost interest
2) Nike/JB: Decreased quality + over saturation = more profit
3) Newbies to the shoe world: Decreased quality + over saturation = a dream come true
4) Sneaker Boutiques (a dying breed):  No longer the outlet for exclusive kicks + over saturation = endangered

I use to think that this phase going on right now wouldn't affect me, because I could always find older releases that met my standards.  However, most of those kicks are so old now that they're too risky to wear without the fear of them falling apart.  I know a few people on here can vouch for me and say that buying an expensive pair of old kicks only for them to crumble in front of your eyes is not a very fond thought. 

I'll always love Nike/JB deep down in my heart, but it's going to take something drastic for them to climb back from the pits of it.

Oh, and the occasional good quality release is usually a pain to get because it's limited and carries a ridiculous price tag.

Jordan packages, too many releases, everybody wanting to be a "shoe head"...

2005-2007 - great years - AF1, Jordan, Dunk SB were all great releases & I think everybody can agree that those years were cool - releases & no "wanna be" shoe heads.

Everybody & their mom wants to go to a boutique & cop whatever Lil' Wayne is wearing & knows nothing about the shoe.

When the space jams came out, people who don't even know why they're nicknamed that were trying to cop.

People taking pics with basic GR's from FNL/FL/FA putting "sneakerhead" in the pic, like they're doing it...SMH.

Shoe collecting from '04-'07 = Myspace from '04-'07. It was cool while it lasted, but it's time to move on...

ive retired from this game too many times because of the quality issues but i just buy what i really like now only gr releases im going to when its christmas time. most of my jordans have paint chipping and it pisses me off( AQUAS ALL IIIS and IVs) but im still buy em cuz i love em im not going to pass on a shoe i really like thats just hard for me to do.

AJ XI shouldnt be 175
AJ III shouldnt be 150

Anyway im loving the new look on the altitude xiiis

Originally Posted by Allready Stan

AJ III shouldnt be 150

Anyway im loving the new look on the altitude xiiis

The DB III's are $125 so that could be a sign of things to come seeing as they normally retail higher than other releases...but who knows

The mesh definitely looks better than the leather on the Altitudes but I never saw the hype behind those.

^ If I remember correctly, the Altitudes was one of the first LS releases. Slap a limited tag on em and they sell. LOL.  

I sold my 2 pairs a few years ago. smh. I actually like the new look, i'm with Stan.

Something to buy finally? We shall see.

Originally Posted by AirJordan17

Something to buy finally? We shall see.

figured i'd chime in since i post up here ALL THE TIME *sarcasm*
embarassed.gif
  ... i hit the retailers now and KNOW i'm not getting anything.. im walking in off habit alone.  realize i'm not seeing anything, say what up to Trav and leave.  GR og colorways (air maxes and j's) still do it for me, but ive had all the ones i really ever wanted already.  kobe line has me buzzing a bit, but the freshest colors never hit shelves here anyway.  Maybe its the ecomony... or maybe its because i'm in my 30s... but i'm not trying to diversify anymore.   From the ground up:
AM, uptowns/bapestas, dunks and j's. 

levis, evisu, TR, and seven.

Polo, BAPE/bbc/ic, Lacoste, and Marc Jacobs.

mix and match and youve got your boy all figured out... 
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom