The NY Times Made Ninjahood's Argument for Him (Since We Disagree With "His Point")

Yeah a dead horse is getting beat in here, I think Ninjahood has come a long way because before he would say all melanin in the DR only came from their Taino blood... Now he at least he acknowledges the element of "slave" blood... He won't say African but we know he knows where that "slave" blood came from... let him live

I say we set up a niketalk fund to fly Ninjahood across the world so he can finally get outside the Heights and expand his horizons.  See how the "Hispanic Love" is in Argentina where you are certainly going to feel ostracized by the European descendants who overwhelmingly dominate the country? Or go to Asia and explain to the folks there that you are not black but Dominican.

I wonder what the ruling class looks like in DR? Is it the melting pot that Ninjahood loves to make it seem or a bunch of white guys calling the shots? I'd be willing to guess the latter.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by ggarvinXX3

why dont you guys just leave the dude alone
laugh.gif

although i am enjoying this threads lulz, the information, and different inputs from each post

you guys all got yours word across but theres no changing how HE feels and believes

I always have a problem with comments like this.
Its like...WHO CARES?

Its a debate and a discussion for a reason. People will consistently express themselves even if it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. 

He and those who agree with him are free to respond but are people not?

I will never understand why people complain about the debate itself, and not a stance within the debate. Its obviously something both parties care enough to talk about so you can either share your input, or spectate. 
honestly i appreciate a healthy debate and i agree with what you, anton and others that there is in fact african roots in south america (specifically in this case Dr)
but dude doesn't get it and i think he will because of how he feels about it

plus you guys are referencing FACTS to your arguments (e.i. youtube vids/articles) 

i havent seen NH post anything besides his personal opinion/ belief 
laugh.gif

but never mind me, ima just go back to lurkin... 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

you dudes are reaching like a *$#!#%+%$$#! right now...what sammy sosa does cannot generalize to the whole damb population of the dominican republic...you guys are becoming so transparently childish in your reasoning it's like a bunch of h.s. replying to a topic because their not winning the argument.

AKA I don't know where you live but in NYC...cops know the difference between domincans and african americans...especially when they go to places like the heights or corona or lefrak.

I think that the insecurities that you guys (AKA, anton and that other dude) have as african americans when dealing with cops and whatnot or what you hear about it is what you want to put on every culture that has African roots.

These people don't want to claim you...get over it. Be proud of your own race and do good things...you can't expect someone to claim Africa when all this "exposing" of lineage and history is coming off more like this

blackisraelites.jpg

than this:

king.jpg

How fitting is it that today is his day...
So I tell ninjahood to stop calling other people black while he rejects the label and that somehow makes me insecure? Do you even know the definition of that word?

You just called me an African American and I accept the label even tho I wasn't even born in this country and I'm the insecure one? Ok buddy
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I have to accept a race while others deny it, make up your mind you guys sound confused--You can't deny race when it's convenient and accept it at the same time

Originally Posted by sillyputty

why dont you guys just leave the dude alone
laugh.gif

although i am enjoying this threads lulz, the information, and different inputs from each post

you guys all got yours word across but theres no changing how HE feels and believes

I always have a problem with comments like this.
Its like...WHO CARES?

Its a debate and a discussion for a reason. People will consistently express themselves even if it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. 

He and those who agree with him are free to respond but are people not?

I will never understand why people complain about the debate itself, and not a stance within the debate. Its obviously something both parties care enough to talk about so you can either share your input, or spectate. 
honestly i appreciate a healthy debate and i agree with what you, anton and others that there is in fact african roots in south america (specifically in this case Dr)
but dude doesn't get it and i think he will because of how he feels about it

plus you guys are referencing FACTS to your arguments (e.i. youtube vids/articles) 

i havent seen NH post anything besides his personal opinion/ belief 
laugh.gif

but never mind me, ima just go back to lurkin... 
nerd.gif
roll.gif
...Yep!
You must be new here. 
laugh.gif

Thats how things go around these parts... 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I say we set up a niketalk fund to fly Ninjahood across the world so he can finally get outside the Heights and expand his horizons.  See how the "Hispanic Love" is in Argentina where you are certainly going to feel ostracized by the European descendants who overwhelmingly dominate the country? Or go to Asia and explain to the folks there that you are not black but Dominican.

I wonder what the ruling class looks like in DR? Is it the melting pot that Ninjahood loves to make it seem or a bunch of white guys calling the shots? I'd be willing to guess the latter.

This is a pic of what are considered the founding fathers of the Dominican Republic. 
los-padres-de-la-patria1.jpg

Duarte, Sanchez and Melia. Duarte was of African descent, then also had Haitian heritage.

They must have used some of that Sammy Sosa grease the alabaster, just to make sure is was White enough

Right across the stream in Haiti, as stated in the video done by the Professor, this is shown,

Janjakphoto.jpg

this is Janjak Desalin, and I know plenty Dominicans and Haitians who look like him, and the Haitians had no problem with making the statues of their founding fathers, Black

Ninjahood can say that he is, what he is. The issue I take with him is what he states, suggesting that racism does not exist in the Dominican Republic, and that he feels that certain social standards have not been set, those that will prevent Black people in that country from accepting their true heritage.

You are not the descendants of Spaniards alone.   

Ok, I don't know what this will prove but..
The spoilers are a little messed up, but click them anyway..

- These are white people:

Spoiler [+]

- These are black people:

Spoiler [+]

- These are Hispanic people:

Spoiler [+]

I guess my point is, race or skin color means nothing, unless you let it. You are all forcing Ninja to say he's black. He isn't. Italian or Portugese people are white, but culturally they are nothing like Irish or Scottish people. 

Let that man be proud of who HE is. He's proud to be Dominican. That means he IS proud of his people, and there diverse blood and culture.

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

I guess my point is, race or skin color means nothing, unless you let it. You are all forcing Ninja to say he's black. He isn't. Italian or Portugese people are white, but culturally they are nothing like Irish or Scottish people. 

Let that man be proud of who HE is. He's proud to be Dominican. That means he IS proud of his people, and there diverse blood and culture.

So why does ninjahood get away with calling other people black? 100th time i've asked this question, I expect it to be ignored again
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Why doesn't he call African Americans or black people, Americans?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

So why does ninjahood get away with calling other people black? 100th time i've asked this question, I expect it to be ignored again
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Maybe because Black/African Americans refer to themselves as such. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Zoe Saldana's of Dominican descent but refers to herself as Black, though.   Why is it OK for him to decide what other people should be referred to as, then completely ignore the delineations himself?

act_carmelo_anthony.jpg

david-ortiz.jpg

act_al_horford.jpg

aren't Black AND American, Puerto Rican, Dominican?

Spoiler [+]
trollface.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

There are Dominicans who refer to themselves as black, what's your point? If he rejects the concept of race, why can't he be consistent with it?

I never seen Ninja argue against those facts though..
If a Dominican considers themselves black cool, if they consider themselves Hispanic cool.. I don't think Ninja is gonna say "your not black, your Hispanic!!" The way everyone is doing to him. 

If a Dominican considers themselves black cool, if they consider themselves Hispanic cool.. I don't think Ninja is gonna say "your not black, your Hispanic!!" The way everyone is doing to him. 

He calls other people black all the time, wth are you talking about? Why does he call me black instead of Nigerian or American? Why does he call other dark skinned people in DA HEIGHTZ black instead of American? Isn't this hypocritical?

i don't think anyone's saying he isn't hispanic. they're saying the two don't have to be mutually exclusive.

honestly i just made this thread half because i found the ny times article fascinating, and half trolling 'for teh lulz.'  i like ninjahood.  i haven't really met him personally (outside of in front of a wu tang concert) but he seems like a cool dude. and honestly i'm all for a person defining themselves however they see fit.  if it's culturally so be it.

the thing is you guys are trying to have a serious almost objective fact based debate over WHY he identifies himself the way he does.  as such "blackness" is relevant, no?

Carmelo Anthony considers himself black & Puertorican because of his

Black mother & dead boriqua pops.... same with Noreaga da rapper,

Both my parents are Dominican, if I didn't speak English or was born in NYC

this convo would've been dead months ago...I'm glad I'm in NYC, where folks

Can tell da difference between a black & a hispanic...NT got they work cut out for em.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Can tell da difference between a black & a hispanic...NT got they work cut out for em.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So what makes someone black is as long as they don't speak spanish? There are members of the African diaspora who speak Russian, what do we call them?
roll.gif
roll.gif

He calls other people black all the time, wth are you talking about? Why does he call me black instead of Nigerian or American? Why does he call other dark skinned people in DA HEIGHTZ black instead of American? Isn't this hypocritical?

? Didn't read the second half of my post I take it.
I don't see any Nigerians claiming they aren't black, or only want to be referred to as American.

In case you've never met any Hispanic people in your life, they are a proud people. They are proud of their country.

Black people are also proud to be black. Yet many of black Americans are unaware of their origins do to slavery. If your parents are Nigerian immigrants, I'm sure your proud of your Nigerian heritage, and that may affect the ay you were raised culturally.

Here's an example in my perspective. 

Italian Americans, like myself, are proud to be Italian. The earlier generation you are, the more you have in common with your country's people. After a while, as in a few generations, those immigrant values will be washed out and you will be fully assimilated to American culture.

Same applies to Black Americans. I can almost guarantee that Black Americans and African immigrants have NOTHING in common except skin color. Nigerians are just that, Nigerian. Dominicans are mixed with several races of people, so why you want him to be black, when he is a mix black, white and native, is strange to me. 

Strange rant I know, but I think I made my point 
ohwell.gif

Quote where I even whispered in ur direction b.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So what makes someone black is as long as they don't speak spanish? There are members of the African diaspora who speak Russian, what do we call them?
roll.gif
roll.gif
Ninjahood does not know when to stop. Both your parents are dominican right? So yes you are a dominican. However, your skin color and certain facial features of yours and the FACT that over 75 percent of your country has African Heritage, there is a strong reason that you have African Heritage. Those little kid's you posted def have some African blood, that pic of those two girls you posted def have African blood.You and Nore got the SAME SKIN COLOR AND FACIAL FEATURES. I'm sure Juelz, Fab, Cudi, Lloyd Banks, and Melo know they are latinos with some african heritage. And they call themsleves black!!!Nothing to argue. Your the same way. Your a Latino of some african heritage. I'm sure you have other ancestors that we can't necessary tell. However, the obvious one is you got some African blood in you. ITs not opinion, it is fact. Stop running around attempting to use all kinds of logic for you saying your 100 percent Hispanic, cause it makes zero sense.

I don't see any Nigerians claiming they aren't black, or only want to be referred to as American.

In case you've never met any Hispanic people in your life, they are a proud people. They are proud of their country.

Black people are also proud to be black. Yet many of black Americans are unaware of their origins do to slavery. If your parents are Nigerian immigrants, I'm sure your proud of your Nigerian heritage, and that may affect the ay you were raised culturally.

Italian Americans, like myself, are proud to be Italian. The earlier generation you are, the more you have in common with your country's people. After a while, as in a few generations, those immigrant values will be washed out and you will be fully assimilated to American culture.

Same applies to Black Americans. I can almost guarantee that Black Americans and African immigrants have NOTHING in common except skin color. Nigerians are just that, Nigerian. Dominicans are mixed with several races of people, so why you want him to be black, when he is a mix black, white and native, is strange to me. 

ohwell.gif

LMAO HERE comes another race crusader speaking about something you don't know
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

ohwell.gif

You said absolutely nothing cause you're missing a point I've been trying to make since page one but people on this website have reading comprehension issues

Why does ninjahood get to call other people black?

Why do you call black Americans black yet claim that ninjahood shouldn't be called Black Dominican?

Originally Posted by Dagrandesoda

I can almost guarantee that Black Americans and African immigrants have NOTHING in common except skin color.

LMAO HERE comes another race crusader speaking about something you don't know
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Oh ya you right playa, black Americans and Africans are the same culturally, my bad 
grin.gif

.I'm glad I'm in NYC, where folks Can tell da difference between a black & a hispanic...

I can state with impunity that this statement is false.

Most Dominicans come to this country, arriving in NYC, then realizing that they are indeed Black. Many have a hard time coping with that fact, but they get over it.

How old are you? If you are a teen, then I can understand what I am reading. If you are an adult, then this thing seems worse than I've been led to believe, by those even smarter than myself.

Back
Top Bottom