The NY Times Made Ninjahood's Argument for Him (Since We Disagree With "His Point")

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Carmelo Anthony considers himself black & Puertorican because of his

Black mother & dead boriqua pops.... same with Noreaga da rapper,

Both my parents are Dominican, if I didn't speak English or was born in NYC

this convo would've been dead months ago...I'm glad I'm in NYC, where folks

Can tell da difference between a black & a hispanic...NT got they work cut out for em.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So what makes someone black is as long as they don't speak spanish? There are members of the African diaspora who speak Russian, what do we call them?
roll.gif
roll.gif
chocolate jews.

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Originally Posted by Dagrandesoda

I can almost guarantee that Black Americans and African immigrants have NOTHING in common except skin color.

LMAO HERE comes another race crusader speaking about something you don't know
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Oh ya you right playa, black Americans and Africans are the same culturally, my bad 
grin.gif

Never said they are the same. But for you to go as far as to say they have NOTHING in common, well that's just downright ignorant.

You said absolutely nothing cause you're missing a point I've been trying to make since page one but people on this website have reading comprehension issues

Why does ninjahood get to call other people black?

Like who? Nigerians? They are 100% black though, so what's the argument?
Like I've stated before, if Dominicans are a mixed people, racially and culturally, why should they recognize themselves as black only? He has already said he has African genes, as well as Euro and Native.

Hispanic is the appropriate term for Dominicans. 
wink.gif

Oh ya you right playa, black Americans and Africans are the same culturally, my bad 
grin.gif

Never said they are the same. But for you to go as far as to say they have NOTHING in common, well that's just downright ignorant.

Wow, you're just trolling now. Of course you could find similarities among people across the whole damn planet.. But culture wise, not even close 
grin.gif

You said absolutely nothing cause you're missing a point I've been trying to make since page one but people on this website have reading comprehension issues

Why does ninjahood get to call other people black?
Like who? Nigerians? They are 100% black though, so what's the argument?
Like I've stated before, if Dominicans are a mixed people, racially and culturally, why should they recognize themselves as black only? He has already said he has African genes, as well as Euro and Native.

Hispanic is the appropriate term for Dominicans. 
wink.gif

African Americans have diluted blood, that puts a hole in your logic doesn't it?

No one is saying he should recognize himself as black ONLY, do you know how to read?

I'm black, American, African, Nigerian, Ibo and an earthling----Ninjahood is black, American, a member of the African diaspora, a New Yorker and an earthling no one is saying he is simply black

There are 100 percent Africans that speak Spanish, what do you call them? And how do you even quantify 100 percent black, what is the percentage you have to be before you can officially be considered black? 70? 80? 90 percent? What's the cut off?

Originally Posted by AKA LONGSTROKE

.I'm glad I'm in NYC, where folks Can tell da difference between a black & a hispanic...

I can state with impunity that this statement is false.

Most Dominicans come to this country, arriving in NYC, then realizing that they are indeed Black. Many have a hard time coping with that fact, but they get over it.

How old are you? If you are a teen, then I can understand what I am reading. If you are an adult, then this thing seems worse than I've been led to believe, by those even smarter than myself.

he's 30

grin.gif

Wow, you're just trolling now. Of course you could find similarities among people across the whole damn planet.. But culture wise, not even close 
grin.gif
LMAO just stop. I'm a son of African parents, born in America,  friends and RELATED to African AMERICANS,  WE HAVE TONS IN COMMON especially "culture" wise. Of course we have few in the fam who deny anything african, but we all still know we from the mother land. I could easily list the culture relationships, but you'd probably look right over it and attempt another fallacious argument.

I don't even want to use school as excuse for you guys saying these kind of things. Your sense of reality is not there. This is as simple as 1 + 1 =2. However, you guys just seemed lost. God have mercy on our nation.
[h3]
[/h3]

Originally Posted by MARINADELREY

.I'm glad I'm in NYC, where folks Can tell da difference between a black & a hispanic...

Most Dominicans come to this country, arriving in NYC, then realizing that they are indeed Black. Many have a hard time coping with that fact, but they get over it.

How old are you? If you are a teen, then I can understand what I am reading. If you are an adult, then this thing seems worse than I've been led to believe, by those even smarter than myself.

he's 30
JESU CRISTO
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I never seen Ninja argue against those facts though..
If a Dominican considers themselves black cool, if they consider themselves Hispanic cool.. I don't think Ninja is gonna say "your not black, your Hispanic!!" The way everyone is doing to him. 

He calls other people black all the time, wth are you talking about? Why does he call me black instead of Nigerian or American? Why does he call other dark skinned people in DA HEIGHTZ black instead of American? Isn't this hypocritical?

? Didn't read the second half of my post I take it.
1. I don't see any Nigerians claiming they aren't black, or only want to be referred to as American.

2. In case you've never met any Hispanic people in your life, they are a proud people. They are proud of their country.

3. Black people are also proud to be black. Yet many of black Americans are unaware of their origins do to slavery

4.Italian Americans, like myself, are proud to be Italian. The earlier generation you are, the more you have in common with your country's people. After a while, as in a few generations, those immigrant values will be washed out and you will be fully assimilated to American culture.

5.Same applies to Black Americans. I can almost guarantee that Black Americans and African immigrants have NOTHING in common except skin color

6.Strange rant I know, but I think I made my point 
ohwell.gif
1. Hakeem Olajuwan is a personal friend. He and his family are from Lagos, and all call themselves BLACK.
2. Ever hear of Roberto Clemente? Proud of his Puerto Rican heritage. Also proud to be called a Black man. Died trying to help humanity.

3. True, some do not, but many of us do know. Let go of this generalization.

4. Immigrant values are not the same as respecting ones culture, but you do not state that you are only American, conveniently forgetting your lineage. But shall we talk about Hannibal and what his army left behind in Italy, and how many who are from that area still have issues with their own multicultural background and influence? Some Italians take issue with their own African ancestry, so you may not want to go there.
5. Shut up, we have plenty in common. Ever hear of something called humanity?

6. Not only strange, but an incredibly uninformed opinion, one that should never be formed again, without doing a bit of research first.

Most Dominicans come to this country, arriving in NYC, then realizing that they are indeed Black.

Who told u that lie? U got cats in my neighborhood thays been here over 30-40 yearsAnd they're as platano as when they got off da plane/boat...don't even gotta learn english eitherCuz our hood is that much of a annex to da mainland in Dominican Republic.

Originally Posted by MARINADELREY

he's 30

NO!
Then this is worthless. If critical thinking hasn't kicked in as of yet, then it's not gonna happen until tragedy strikes.

This is unfortunate.
frown.gif

Most Dominicans come to this country, arriving in NYC, then realizing that they are indeed Black.

Who told u that lie? U got cats in my neighborhood thays been here over 30-40 yearsAnd they're as platano as when they got off da plane/boat...don't even gotta learn english eitherCuz our hood is that much of a annex to da mainland in Dominican Republic.

They don't care to learn, too slow to learn, or they def don't make much LEGAL money because you gotta know a little bit of English to get a good job in this country. At least enough english to understand instructions. And if you been in this country for 40 years and don't know a bit of english, then you have not grown as a person at all. Not saying assimilate all the way, but come on, learn some english. Only excuse my be if your too old.

I've got proof of my statement, here is a scholar speaking on the frightening experience of his finding out that he was indeed, Black.

I dare you to watch.....

Ok, some reaching against my points, but you are also right on some.
It seems some people are actually angry that he doesn't identify himself as black though. If he is mixed with several cultures, why choose one? Him claiming Hispanic is claiming ALL of his roots imo.

They don't care to learn, too slow to learn, or they def don't make much LEGAL money because you gotta know a little bit of English to get a good job in this country. At least enough english to understand instructions. And if you been in this country for 40 years and don't know a bit of english, then you have not grown as a person at all. Not saying assimilate all the way, but come on, learn some english. Only excuse my be if your too old.

wrong again, ya'll out of state cats need to sit down. you got dominicans all the way down in long island with cribs, driving 2012 BMWs not speaking a LICK of english but get LEGAL money. go to suffolk county, drive through brentwood, learn something. ya'll talking out the side of your necks not even having stepped on NY soil. talking you too longstroke. 
dudes just don't know, stay salty and ignorant fam bams.

I eat plantains and have 8+ years of formal spanish education under my belt, can a brother be down with Team Platano?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

wrong again, ya'll out of state cats need to sit down. you got dominicans all the way down in long island with cribs, driving 2012 BMWs not speaking a LICK of english but get LEGAL money. 
They own hair salons?

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Let that man be proud of who HE is. He's proud to be Dominican. That means he IS proud of his people, and there diverse blood and culture.

The rest of the black diaspora doesn't get the same respect for having diverse blood and culture? There are African Americans mixed with Native American and European blood, why does ninjahood get to call them black?

In Nigeria people identify a lot with their ethnic group or religion, but to ninjahood they're simply "black"--hypocrisy at its finest

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

wrong again, ya'll out of state cats need to sit down. you got dominicans all the way down in long island with cribs, driving 2012 BMWs not speaking a LICK of english but get LEGAL money. 
They own hair salons?

stay salty and ignorant fam...stay salty and ignorant. 

But I'm glad you brought this up. Italians as well are multicultural. I personally am proud of it, have no problem with it, and your right, a lot do deny it, which is ignorant to deny who you are.

It seems some people are actually angry that he doesn't identify himself as black though. If he is mixed with several cultures, why choose one? Him claiming Hispanic is claiming ALL of his roots imo.
I think that we all agree that his culture is just that, his culture. Nobody is denying him that. It is when he states that there is no racism in the Dominican Republic, and when he suggests that he has no connection to African culture, nor its roots, which is obvious as most of what that culture contains, is of African origin!
I am certain that you can see the absurdity in that position!

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Let that man be proud of who HE is. He's proud to be Dominican. That means he IS proud of his people, and there diverse blood and culture.

The rest of the black diaspora doesn't get the same respect for having diverse blood and culture? There are African Americans mixed with Native American and European blood, why does ninjahood get to call them black?

In Nigeria people identify a lot with their ethnic group or religion, but to ninjahood they're simply "black"--hypocrisy at its finest

Pretty much. I'm the same skin color as Ninjahood and I have natural curly hair, but to him I'm just another black guy. I just love his logic.

But I'm glad you brought this up. Italians as well are multicultural. I personally am proud of it, have no problem with it, and your right, a lot do deny it, which is ignorant to deny who you are.

I think that we all agree that his culture is just that, his culture. Nobody is denying him that. It is when he states that there is no racism in the Dominican Republic, and when he suggests that he has no connection to African culture, nor its roots, which is obvious as most of what that culture contains, is of African origin!
I am certain that you can see the absurdity in that position!

Nah, these guys read what they want to read.

ya'll don't get it do you? I agree, dominicans are inherently black and to deny this is a bit ignorant. but go to NY and see that dominicans, puerto ricans, west indians ALL get ostracised by the "black" (african american community). i grew up with friends of all different ethnicities but a lot of my black friends wouldn't really associate with west indians or dominicans and vica versa.

ya'll from predominantly black communities where a dominican or west indian would be better off assimilating and embracing their "blackness". However when dudes act sadiddy why would a dominican cat want to associate himself with the "black" label when they're being ostracised by those very same people?

Ya'll just don't get it.

Back
Top Bottom