The NY Times Made Ninjahood's Argument for Him (Since We Disagree With "His Point")

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Dagrandesoda

laugh.gif
 he's never denied having black roots
He has
tired.gif
. Constantly states he is hispanic and not black. He says he aint a "brother" ain't african
no,

that's what I mean. he never denied having African roots 
laugh.gif

you guys just need examples to make you feel better about yourselves.

it doesn't make you any "blacker" to prove others of "denying their blackness"

1) you keep picking on the same people, and it's getting annoying

2) you guys fail to realize that different cultures, view things differently (including definitions)

3) personal identity, is just that, personal
Son, our main problem isn't dude saying he is Hispanic rather than Black. Thats fine. He can call himself whatever he wants.

But why does son refer to African Americans and Africans as black when their "culture" is as different as Hispanics and African Americans.
Basically he takes out Hispanics, especially Dominicans, from the African diaspora as a whole but clumps every other black or mixed black person in that very same diaspora.

And yes, grudgingly, Ninja has admitted to having African roots. Took about 10 threads but even him saying that is beyond the point.

I see where Ninjahood comes from and agree with his point. I know many "dark skinned" people from DR, Cuba, etc and they identify themselves as Hispanic or Latinos. It is not that they want to deny their skin color but rather identify themselves with the culture they were raised in.

Cats just don't want to be associated with Africa if they can get away with it... I have never seen a caucasian deny any European roots, there's nothing to be "ashamed" of, but you have real life trolls like 
64515b886ac5bb9f7f9ee8233f9b58c5a2abbd1.png

claiming they are from Costa Rica when they are really half black... At the end of the day whatever elevated status they feel they are gaining from their dissociation from Africa, is only imagined... you still just a #%%$* with a bad hairdo
laugh.gif

Dominican, African-American, Nigerian etc. from an untrained third-person perspective are all the same

^BOOM
 And there it is.
Some of the latest research, however, shows that many Latinos — like Irish and Italian immigrants before them — drop the Latino label to call themselves simply “white.

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

so the light skinned african americans in here. do you ever say you have European heritage?

Took the words right out my mouth. I'm light skinned. I think its a trait that skips through my family because both my grandparents are dark skin yet my mom came out yellow while her sister dark skinned. As far as 5-6 generations that I knew of not 1 white member. So no I don't relate to them. But Black, Dominican, Mexican or anything in between at the end of the day you still just a @@%%@ in their eyes.

Really? 
grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by enlightendespot

He has
tired.gif
. Constantly states he is hispanic and not black. He says he aint a "brother" ain't african
no,

laugh.gif

2) you guys fail to realize that different cultures, view things differently (including definitions)

Son, our main problem isn't dude saying he is Hispanic rather than Black. Thats fine. He can call himself whatever he wants.

But why does son refer to African Americans and Africans as black when their "culture" is as different as Hispanics and African Americans.
Basically he takes out Hispanics, especially Dominicans, from the African diaspora as a whole but clumps every other black or mixed black person in that very same diaspora.

And yes, grudgingly, Ninja has admitted to having African roots. Took about 10 threads but even him saying that is beyond the point.

notsureifsrs
african americans and africans are indeed black
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bay1591

Why do people care about what ninjahood categorizes himself as?

idk, i guess cause its something so obvious. Question should be why does Ninja feel the need to defend himself when he gets called black. I used to call DJ Proto J gay and he used to deny it, but now he just pays it no mind cause he accepts who he is. If we leave ninja alone, he will accept who he is

Proto J is gay? or he just ignores it? Im cornfused

Originally Posted by WaitWut

look at ninjahood and then look at an african american
ninjahood def dont look african american
laugh.gif

roll.gif
*continues to read through this thread for moar lulz*

I agree that Ninjahood has african roots, but I don't get the fascination with getting him to say he's a black hispanic. Because if you look on the flip side, there are latinos that look white and they do not necessarily always says they are white hispanic. For many of them, the term hispanic is suffice with no backlash.

Originally Posted by bay1591

Why do people care about what ninjahood categorizes himself as?

idk, i guess cause its something so obvious. Question should be why does Ninja feel the need to defend himself when he gets called black. I used to call DJ Proto J gay and he used to deny it, but now he just pays it no mind cause he accepts who he is. If we leave ninja alone, he will accept who he is
roll.gif

This caught me off guard.

Originally Posted by WaitWut

notsureifsrs
african americans and africans are indeed black
laugh.gif
Yes just as there are Afro Dominicans that are completely Black also. What I am saying is that if Ninja can group AA and Africans the same then Afro Dominicans, such as himself, should be included in that group as a race. But he aint havin that.

Like I said the disparity of culture between Dominicans and AA's is just as grand when comparing AA's and Africans.
So that whole "culture" argument shouldn't be relevant.

For real though, you guys care too much about all this crap. You preach about "just do you / everyone should mind their own business" and then someone does just that and you all have a little whinge. No pleasing you guys some time.

He has
tired.gif
no,

laugh.gif

BOLDED FOR EMPHASIS

The educational system in Wash Heights must be God awful, such a simple point and it's taking people several attempts to get it

How is this a debate?

Black= equals african-american. 

That means your family is from America, you speak english as a 1st language.  Thats the culture you know. 

Ninjahood ain't black.  Why do you want him to be black?  Dude is from DR. Eats different foods, has different language, has a home country....etc.

Africans are the same as Ninjahood.  to be straight up they are the real African-americans.  Blacks are really only american.  We have no connnection to africa.

Its really that simple. 

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

no,

laugh.gif

BOLDED FOR EMPHASIS

The educational system in Wash Heights must be God awful, such a simple point and it's taking people several attempts to get it
as many times as this thread has been made, this is the only point i've ever tried to make...but ninjahood chooses which points to respond to and which ones not to...

^^^ I'm offended he has a following in this thread of people assuming I want dude to become black, that has never been the debate which was the whole point of that Pigeonhood picture I posted a while back

I can't be a Pigeon and say I'm not a bird while calling a chicken a bird it doesn't work that way

I'm a lot of things by definition and I embrace every single label he doesn't have to but it's hypocritical of him to reject labels and force others into the labels he rejects

Mon star,Black=african american? LulzSo since my dad is from a french speaking african nation and my mom is from a spanish speaking african nation that means im african and not black?Cuz we eat different foods and have different music. Lmao

Originally Posted by MonStar1

How is this a debate?

Black= equals african-american. 

That means your family is from America, you speak english as a 1st language.  Thats the culture you know. 

Ninjahood ain't black.  Why do you want him to be black?  Dude is from DR. Eats different foods, has different language, has a home country....etc.

Africans are the same as Ninjahood.  to be straight up they are the real African-americans.  Blacks are really only american.  We have no connnection to africa.

Its really that simple. 
lol @ no connection to africa. by far the dumbest post in here.

Mon star,Black=african american? LulzSo since my dad is from a french speaking african nation and my mom is from a spanish speaking african nation that means im african and not black?Cuz we eat different foods and have different music. Lmao

You're half Hispanic

If my man would leave his city block he'd realize how beautifully diverse Africans and "black people" are
smokin.gif

Most of my family is British
pimp.gif
(NOT BLACK)

Mon star, Black=african american? Lulz So since my dad is from a french speaking african nation and my mom is from a spanish speaking african nation that means im african and not black? Cuz we eat different foods and have different music. Lmao

Son you are TRYING WAYYYY TOO HARD.  I'm not saying you aren't black.  You are more than "black" you have different cultures.  So you are african or whatever mix you wanna call yourself.

And Yes I have NO connection to Africa besides my skin color.  I'm saying that because I'm ashamed of my roots or some BS. but most blacks in the US have the same culture as whites.  If you don't wear any clothes, eat any foods, celebrate any holidays, speak a different language, etc. how can I be connected to Africa?  I'm an American black.  it is what it is.

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

SneakerHeathen wrote:

It's all petty, and by bickering about it we're doing nothing but perpetuating it by acting like it's some big elephant in the room. Face it you can't tell a lot of Dominicans that they're black, period, not going to happen. Just like you can't tell certain white men that they're not truly 100% American, even though a few generations ago their great, great grand dad was drinking tea, eating crumpets and hailing the queen.

Let people do them. 

I know I'm just splitting hairs here, but not all "white american" people come from England 
laugh.gif

Was simply an example.

Just needed a clarification. Your arguing the difference between african american and black american, in which i agree with you.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Mon star, Black=african american? Lulz So since my dad is from a french speaking african nation and my mom is from a spanish speaking african nation that means im african and not black? Cuz we eat different foods and have different music. Lmao

Son you are TRYING WAYYYY TOO HARD.  I'm not saying you aren't black.  You are more than "black" you have different cultures.  So you are african or whatever mix you wanna call yourself.

And Yes I have NO connection to Africa besides my skin color.  I'm saying that because I'm ashamed of my roots or some BS. but most blacks in the US have the same culture as whites.  If you don't wear any clothes, eat any foods, celebrate any holidays, speak a different language, etc. how can I be connected to Africa?  I'm an American black.  it is what it is.

So why does ninjahood call everyone else black? African Americans are no less African than he is, they both share the connection of African slaves being dumped in the Americas and they both have a  lot of mixed blood

Back
Top Bottom