The Oakland Athletics 2018 Offseason Season Thread | One and Done Again

:lol: It's been a wild couple of months transitioning into the working world. I still lurk this thread on the reg, don't worry.

:lol: I remember that time. Best of luck.

Very nice win today. Lets get the W tomorrow and pay the Rangers back for what they did to us last week.

'Darvish, Perez and Ross came into this series all among AL ERA leaders and #Athletics have manhandled all three.'

Via Susan Slusser. Damn it feels good :pimp:

Imagine if we had Parker and griffin....... That's be the nastiest staff in the game. Parker, kazmir, Chavez, gray, griffin.

I honestly wouldn't even know who to put as #1. Or even #2.

Parker, yeah. But Griffin would be giving up bombs all the time. Chavez has been a great replacement for him.

Gray, Kazmir, Parker, Chavez, Straily

THAT's an amazing rotation. Maybe we'll get that next season.

Last edited:
Straily has disappointed me this year, but I still believe he has better stuff than griffin. Griffin is a better pitchers right now, but if straily can get it together I think he would be a better option.

Yeah the A's have a window with this special group of guys that'll probably close after next year; the only person on the team signed past 2015 is Doolittle.

Yeah the A's have a window with this special group of guys that'll probably close after next year; the only person on the team signed past 2015 is Doolittle.

Feel the same way. Donaldson is stuck here through arbitration until he's 32 or 33, but the time to win the World Series is now or never. Need to go all in.

Am I crazy to think Donaldson is the best shortstop on this team, would be nice to get either punto or sogie out of the everyday lineup and put lowrie at second where he belongs maybe have callespo play 3rd best hitters on the team all in everyday

Why not just put Callaspo at 2nd base and leave Donny and Lowrie where they are? :lol:

I would prefer Lowrie at 2nd base also because his arm is weak, but Donny is still learning 3rd base, no reason for him to try to learn SS also. And I think Donny is a very good 3rd basemen, he struggles sometimes with easy plays but he has a cannon and plays the position very well overall.

Donaldson at SS? What??

I personally prefer sogi at ss. Punto sucks. Callaspo is very versatile on the other hand. You can out him anywhere pretty much

The A’s lead the AL in ERA (2.78), starters ERA (2.85) and bullpen ERA (2.65). Also lead the Majors in OBP (.351).

Back
Top Bottom