THE OFFICAL H-Town Summer Sneaker Summit 2007 Post

Myself along with others from San antonio have made the trip to houston a couple of times now, and i must say that peeps that i have met: kadoma, brawnz, bluesupermario, mega, jen, dan, chase, the fellas at kickz and others have been nothing short of hospitable and welcoming. They supported us 100% in our show this past april. Just like kadoma was stating, we did not have 1 negative experience in going to the houston summit or kixpo in dallas. believe me, if the event did not have a positive atmosphere we probably would have just left. Just as the dallas heads are, the houston heads are definitely worth getting to know. Its not about some competition about which city or individuals hold the most "heat," its about coming together to celebrate what we all love...and houston and dallas sure know how to throw a party. :D
happy.gif
TeamAM FAM

I was waiting to check in... and first off I thought that Kadoma, Brawnz, and who ever else put the event together did an excellent job because I attended the event in Decemeber which was cool but now where near the numbers of the August event. I do though agree with some of what Jae was saying because I myself would be considered an OG on this board but my posts do not reflect in number but check when I got on in 2001. It speaks for itself because I'm a grown man who does not have the time to posts on this board or any other board all day long but some young hypebeast or other totally immature individual will equate your expertise on this board or any other based on number of POSTS!!! I do think that some people who are in the shoe game around here in houston have grown a chip on there shoulders because they might hang out in certain shoe stores in the city which have not been around all too long in the city and they seem to attract a crowd that thinks that them cool. I've watched some of them at some of these newer stores just hang araound the owners like bobbers and some of them might work there but it just signals a change in the game and it is what it is. My love for sneakers has come from loving Mike play not what makes me cool now. Some of these cats would probably be scared to go to some of the best shoe stores in the city at certaint times of the day because of the neighborhood not too mention the fact that they do not sell Bapes or have hip hop art work on the walls!! I do agree some of you cats in houston are hillarious but your close camaradarie will never sour me on shoe events or shoes either because I do it for me and not to recieve love from other known people in the houston shoe communiity. I'm out!

^i don't understand your complaint?

things done changed loooong time ago.

oh and btw... "sneaker expertise" or whatever you mentioned shouldn't be based on how long you've been a registered member of niketalk either....

great show brian and clint. i know yall put a lot of work into it and i'd say it was a success. thanks to everyone that bought me a drink. wish i coulda chilled more w/ the dallas and sa peeps but i'll def make up for it at sneakerpimps.
187MEGADETH187

LOL. I agree and disagree. Good stuff though.

You already know.........................................Peace.

I had to say it is great to see people of all races, ages, and cultures come together to celebrate sneaker history and culture in H-Town. The facts are evident that athough I do not post all of the time I read the website daily like many others and I've seen many debates over the yeras involving this subject. I've seen many people get downplayed by other members because of the number of POSTS!!! they have or possible connections with other people they deem cool in the shoe world. The sneaker summit just like this board represents changes in our great sneaker culture. It is what is, and some people have become shoe elitists because they have some internet clout, connect with a store, or perhaps or whatever. I applaud anyone who conducts themselves with pride but respect for others. Some of the cats there you can tell all of their swagger comes from what they consider the "it" thing now. I've seen them in action and I will keep laughing because the houston scene has definitely gotten better with stores and exposure but has also attracted the teenie boppers and other young adults who think because of their affliations with certaint shoe stores gives themmore weight in the shoe game.

When the SanAnton family came and visited to promote our little po dunk show, we were a bit skeptical in meeting the H-town crew and the Big D mafia. But after the initial meet and greet it was all good and at the same time met new friends and contacts. I believe like in any other social gathering, one must really make ones self accessible and humble. The last thing you want to come off is being an A-hole. I've met heads from LA, NYC, Paris, and London and it's an attitude that's common in that region. We all like sneakers and share a common interest. I hope to finally meet you fools for Sneakerpimps. I'll be the only one wearing shelltoes :b
tongue.gif
T E A M L E B R O N S Z 1 6​

I would like to thank Kadoma for ALL he has done for the Houston sneaker scene. I can remember going to the first summit and the bball summit (2004?) way back when and it was awesome to see 20-25 dudes interested in sneakers like me. What I saw a few weekends ago exceeded anything I thought possible. I went up to Brian at the summit after not seeing him for almost 3 years and dude still had love for me even though I have been absent for a while. By no means am I discrediting any other heads who helped plan the latest summit, I just don't know yall. I wish I could have met more of the local sneakerheads and said what up to more of the H-town OGs, but I was feeling under the weather and decided to bail early.

I would like to see another bball summit, hopefully sometime in the winter when HS kids are off school, college dudes are on break, and grown men can't wait to get away from the inlaws staying with them. Kadoma, get with me on this if you are interested, I think we can pull it off.

Houston is now on the way to being a legit "sneakertown" with more sneaker shops, a large summit, and more and more heat on people's feet! Let us try to forget the days of AA being the only mom 'n pop shop in our great city and seeing heat only a few times a year...

..:team TEXAS:..
.:713 : Fresh Prince of Bellaire:.
[email protected][/email] 143*733865*1

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the 1st summit organized by Adrian? Not trying to say kadoma didn't do anything, it just crossed my mind.

I enjoy peoples opinions and views, that's what makes Free Speech a "PRIVILEGE", but it's like my BUELO used to say, "if you don't have anything good to say," and show love to your local sneaker-hypebeast-jock-trendbeast Heads, "don't say anything at all."

A yo, all grievances aside, let's keep this thread and the vibe for SneakerPimps fresh and on point. We are going to keep it live, SA, Clutch City and D-town......"word to your mutha!"

OG MIKE
Peace.......1

Your correct we kicked around some ideas where to have the first summit and Adrian assured us that Industry Cafe was the spot for the first NIKETALK summit. I remember Bruza, AJ Masta, and some other cats also organized a pre-meeting at Sharpstown Mall before hand. Babydill, Nikeshoeaddict, and Adrian had most of the heat on display. I still remember walking up to that spot and peeps were like 'yo! check out that old dude rockin jordans!!!!!!!!!!!'
laugh.gif
I even have video of that event somewhere if I ever get lucky enough to find where I put it.

Ahhh the good old days
frown.gif

p.s. Hoopsboy we will work out a Mini Hoops Summit for the Winter. Pencil in Dec 28th or 29th. It would be a great pre-lude to the Winter Summit Dec 30th. If anybody got access to gyms, preferably U of H get at me. Thanks.

Sneakerpimps in H-Town 09/08/07 + Official Pre-Party!
Reppin H-Town on NT since 2001
AIM: beverb95 [email protected]

Anybody who refers sneakers as a "game" are they people who ruined it.

-KB

p.s. kadoma Ill be back in houston during that time for the winter summit 8)
glasses.gif
TEAM DIRTY
Cause we get them Dirty deals... member # 17
E-Mail: [email protected]
eBay ID Lamestbathing

^ How's that NY weather?
TEAM DIRTY
Cause we get them Dirty deals... member #5
AKA "Fresh Like New Money"​

T. The new ny weather is hot as balls right now...but we all know thats going to change in a few weeks.

Kadoma ill have something special for the event :wink:
wink.gif
TEAM DIRTY
Cause we get them Dirty deals... member # 17
E-Mail: [email protected]
eBay ID Lamestbathing

wow... i kinda missed out on the debate but I can kinda feel where SLG is coming from.... Ive dealt wit it myself but Im just on my grind and hustle and don't worry bout da shoe politics 2 much.... good to see everyone pretty much enjoyed themselves at the summit...Can't wait for the Sneakerpimps event... holla!
Wanted:
Anything in Sz. 12!

.TEAM .NIGERIA.​

Quote:
Anybody who refers sneakers as a "game" are they people who ruined it.
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
THIRD WORLD - MUSIC PRODUCER OF THE DECADE

Quote:
This is your future. These bums are former sneakerheads who's habits got out of control. They lost everything except their last, favorite pair of kicks, and that's all they carry with them today. 5 years from now we'll see homeless dudes in DMP XI's, Penny Foams and Playstation AF1's.

I believe any body that has love for sneakers..I got love for them..anyone that knows me knows I get hella stoked on pairs that people rock with pride.the only way to stop the epidimic of hypebeastiality is to educate these young folks and through being positive influences..trends come and go but if you do you always you stay true.Texas has come along way in a few short years and I look forward to the furture speaking of which when all the heads from Dtown and Htown plus all us crazy mofos from sananto hold it down at sneaker pimps...niketalks gonna be forced to make Texas its own region...one love and F the BS!!!!IFind me I will be rockin the snakeskin skatestas in honor of the immortal kadoma!!!!

n2tha0
ayo KBIZZLE your schedule better be cleared for April 08 Sneaks up!!!!I dont care if we have to get a van and kidnap you from the NYC!!!!haha.......

Sneaks Up 2008

damnit kb....japan or texas.....?id probably choose japan too...wordlife
NorthSideWhiteTrash

i must've missed the past couple summits y'all have had in houston. i moved out of state recently but if you all have one during the holidays i'll be down.

this one looked like a nice turn out. definitely a change from the first few we had. i'm sure the OG's here remember the 1st summit on the day of the release for the french blue 12's? :wow:
eek.gif
TEAM DIRTY
Cause we get them Dirty deals
member #3; Gotta love that Peanut Butter Interior

Quote:
p.s. Hoopsboy we will work out a Mini Hoops Summit for the Winter. Pencil in Dec 28th or 29th. It would be a great pre-lude to the Winter Summit Dec 30th. If anybody got access to gyms, preferably U of H get at me. Thanks.
"Starlite"Ink is My Drink. Hip-Hop Ain't Dead Yet...

Back
Top Bottom