The Office ~ 2/1/09 ~ "Stressed Relief" ~ Special One Hour Episode (after SB XLIII)

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by Classy Lawrence

How can you call season 3 a decline? It brought everything together so well and was probably the most crucial to the overall storyline.
Season 3 forced too much humor. It was still good, but it paved the way to season 4, the absolute worst season of the series. The characters truly became "characters", which actually hurt the show.

I'm a big Steve Carell fan but David Brent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Michael Scott.

I strongly disagree. Season 3 was excellent.

Although Season 2 was brilliant from beginning to end and Jim and Pam are clearly this generation's Ross and Rachel.
Creed eating a potato and not knowing?

Dwight initiating Ryan on his first sales call?

Kelly acting like a complete idiot?

Kevin and that stupid voice of his?

Schrute bucks?

Angela shopping for clothes at a colonial doll store?

Michael getting mad at everyone for pretending to like prison more than Dunder Mifflin?

Michael choosing the new regional manager based on a competition?

You don't think any of that was forced, as if it were normal, everyday office happenings?

laugh.gif
Come on. The Office isn't supposed to give you a look into the daily office life. It's funny. Let's keep it moving.

Awesome episode. Dwight's such a great "villain." And I love it whenever Michael redeems himself. Great roast at the end.

I couldn't watch the entire episode because 1) I had to study and 2) everyone was too loud for me to watch the show. Boo.

One of the best episodes ever! Can't wait until next week and the plot twist is that Dwight got Karen pregnant!

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

"Oscar, would you reach over and touch his thing?...That's what he said! Right? 'Cause he's gay."

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

this episode brought it for sure.

Originally Posted by Worlds Enemy

laugh.gif
Come on. The Office isn't supposed to give you a look into the daily office life. It's funny. Let's keep it moving.

Actually, that's the exact premise of the show.

laugh.gif

Wrong. The premise of the show is to give you a look into the daily happenings of a crazy office led by a try-too-hard doofus of a boss with goodintentions.

laugh.gif

This is the reason of why the Office has steadily went down hill imo.

It seems like the writers are trying to change the show to appeal to a larger audience, but in doing so they are changing one of the main characteristics thatmake the office truly unique

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

laugh.gif

Wrong. The premise of the show is to give you a look into the daily happenings of a crazy office led by a try-too-hard doofus of a boss with good intentions.

Wrong. The premise of the show is to give you a look into the daily happenings of a failing business. It's supposed to be a "normal" office, nota crazy one. It's a paper company filled with everyday, regular people, which is why seasons 1 was hilarious and season 2 was near-flawless. All thecharacters were believable because they did exist in real life.

The talking heads went from answer a question posed by an interviewer to "let me sit down because I have a witty one-liner". It delved too much intopersonal lives and each episode was plot driven. I know the show now tangented itself from the original premise, around mid-season 3. Not coincidentally,that's when the show started to suck.

The UK version is superior to the US version, but it has the advantage in length; it was so great because it was so short. The finale ranks up there as one ofthe greatest endings.

Episode was great! That intro was the best one ever. And then when Dwight had that dummies face cut off I lost it. Outta control
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CreekShow

Episode was great! That intro was the best one ever. And then when Dwight had that dummies face cut off I lost it. Outta control
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Co-Sign

It's getting to gimmicky to me now. I still like it and watch it, but it's a shadow of what it used to be.

Originally Posted by the north west

laugh.gif

This is the reason of why the Office has steadily went down hill imo.

It seems like the writers are trying to change the show to appeal to a larger audience, but in doing so they are changing one of the main characteristics that make the office truly unique
i somewhat agree. i still love the show, and i thought the episode was funny as hell. but as the show gains more exposure, i am continuing tonotice them trying to include more mainstream themes like all the relationship drama. like, they showed on the previews for next week that Karen comes backpreggo (i'm guessing with Jim's child), its like come on, man. stop trying to make this like the OC.

they're still bringing the laughs though, so you didn't hear me complaining. i'm sure the rest of the season will be hilarious.

i agree...seasons 4 and 5 are a notch below 2/3, even tho they're still great... the jim/pam thing in seasons 2/3 was okay but when The Office gets intotheir personal lives it sometimes loses its touch a bit.

I can't lie tho, I felt a bit bad for Michael with what happened to Holly.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

So how many times did we all use "Boom. Roasted." today?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
too many times...."meredith you've slept with so many guys you're starting to look like one"

Can anyone provide me with a link(s) so I can watch every episode of The Office? After watching it last night, I knew I should have watched this show when itfirst aired.

Back
Top Bottom