The Office ~ 2/1/09 ~ "Stressed Relief" ~ Special One Hour Episode (after SB XLIII)

Boom. Roasted.

roll.gif

Classic!!!!

It's up on hulu.com for those who missed it.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Originally Posted by Worlds Enemy

laugh.gif
Come on. The Office isn't supposed to give you a look into the daily office life. It's funny. Let's keep it moving.

Actually, that's the exact premise of the show.
Wrong. The premise of the show is to give you a look into the daily happenings of a crazy office led by a try-too-hard doofus of a boss with good intentions.

Wrong. The premise of the show is to give you a look into the daily happenings of a failing business. It's supposed to be a "normal" office, not a crazy one. It's a paper company filled with everyday, regular people, which is why seasons 1 was hilarious and season 2 was near-flawless. All the characters were believable because they did exist in real life.

The talking heads went from answer a question posed by an interviewer to "let me sit down because I have a witty one-liner". It delved too much into personal lives and each episode was plot driven. I know the show now tangented itself from the original premise, around mid-season 3. Not coincidentally, that's when the show started to suck.

The UK version is superior to the US version, but it has the advantage in length; it was so great because it was so short. The finale ranks up there as one of the greatest endings.
I disagree. I do see what you're saying and it's all fine but it's obvious that you want the US version to be more akin to the UK one.I like the plot driven, personal lives crap. That's what differentiates it from the UK version and precisely why I like the US version more.

laugh.gif
Come on. The Office isn't supposed to give you a look into the daily office life. It's funny. Let's keep it moving.

Wrong. The premise of the show is to give you a look into the daily happenings of a crazy office led by a try-too-hard doofus of a boss with good intentions.

Wrong. The premise of the show is to give you a look into the daily happenings of a failing business. It's supposed to be a "normal" office, not a crazy one. It's a paper company filled with everyday, regular people, which is why seasons 1 was hilarious and season 2 was near-flawless. All the characters were believable because they did exist in real life.

The talking heads went from answer a question posed by an interviewer to "let me sit down because I have a witty one-liner". It delved too much into personal lives and each episode was plot driven. I know the show now tangented itself from the original premise, around mid-season 3. Not coincidentally, that's when the show started to suck.

The UK version is superior to the US version, but it has the advantage in length; it was so great because it was so short. The finale ranks up there as one of the greatest endings.
I disagree. I do see what you're saying and it's all fine but it's obvious that you want the US version to be more akin to the UK one. I like the plot driven, personal lives crap. That's what differentiates it from the UK version and precisely why I like the US version more.

I agree with both of you. Everyone has different tastes. I myself do enjoy the personal life stories and what happens outside the office. They do a fine job tomake the audience know what is going on (Ex. Jim and Pam) but at the same time realize this show is a mockumentary and put it into perspective. I can'tcompare the two because I haven't watched the UK version, but I have heard that the UK version is more vulgar and Michael Scott is even moreawkward/annoying.

Where the heck was Alba?
laugh.gif

I just watched the episode online right now, and I have no idea where/when she was.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Where the heck was Alba?
laugh.gif

I just watched the episode online right now, and I have no idea where/when she was.

She was in the first scene of the movie Jim, Pam, and Andy were watching. I believe the old lady is her relative.

randomhero1985:
23ska909red02:
Where the heck was Alba?
laugh.gif

She was in the first scene of the movie Jim, Pam, and Andy were watching. I believe the old lady is her relative.
Are you freaking kidding me?
laugh.gif
That's not a guestappearance.

^ I just re-watched that scene, with Jim, Pam, and Andy beginning the movie, and you're right; there's Alba.

That's half ******ed.

Times 2.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I agree with almost all of that, I still prefer the US version despite the UK version being brilliant.

I still think the Office is one of the best shows on tv, but I just rewatched season 4 on DVD and boy it was tough to watch at some points. I understand thatmost shows grow, characters develop, storylines progress, etc. but they just tried way too hard with some of their material and plot points.

Having said that, season 5 has been better than 4 for sure, so hopefully they try to restore the lusture to the show.

Back
Top Bottom