The official '20 NYK thread, Nate jersey retired

Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After 24 hours to digest. Here are some of my thoughts.

**** this incompetent *** franchise. Bunch of nepotism going on. **** CAA. Who gives a flying **** about 2023 draft picks. We cant even develop. How tf do you expect us to develop a high schooler. I really hope we sign MAGA Hayward and trade for Westbrook. I pray on it. Nothing will excite the casual Knick fan more than pointless dunks down 20 and low IQ basketball. Because being an 8th seed will wet Thibs pants and it will take us out of the 2021 lottery and 2022 lottery arguably the most stacked drafts in the last 10+ years. It's perfect timing to suck all these years and miss out on a stacked draft. The Knick of time I might add.

The Obi pick was horrendous. Name me any good PF that doesnt play defense. ******* we just drafted Bobby Portis 2.0. Quickley was projected to go late 2nd round too. Once again incompetent *** franchise that has zero ideas on how to win in today's NBA. Our only identity is being a bunch of losers.

After 24 hours to digest. Here are some of my thoughts.

**** this incompetent *** franchise. Bunch of nepotism going on. **** CAA. Who gives a flying **** about 2023 draft picks. We cant even develop. How tf do you expect us to develop a high schooler. I really hope we sign MAGA Hayward and trade for Westbrook. I pray on it. Nothing will excite the casual Knick fan more than pointless dunks down 20 and low IQ basketball. Because being an 8th seed will wet Thibs pants and it will take us out of the 2021 lottery and 2022 lottery arguably the most stacked drafts in the last 10+ years. It's perfect timing to suck all these years and miss out on a stacked draft. The Knick of time I might add.

The Obi pick was horrendous. Name me any good PF that doesnt play defense. ****ing we just drafted Bobby Portis 2.0. Quickley was projected to go late 2nd round too. Once again incompetent *** franchise that has zero ideas on how to win in today's NBA. Our only identity is being a bunch of losers.
All I remember out of this is “MAGA Hayward” :lol:

My man why are you so high on Obi?
Because so many people are hating on this pick, plus he’s from NY and really wanted to be here like RJ. If he was 19 and averaged 5/4/4 he would’ve gotten more love from Knick fans, but being he’s 22 he could’ve averaged 50ppg and people still would’ve been mad at the pick because he’s 22 and not 19.

Because so many people are hating on this pick, plus he’s from NY and really wanted to be here like RJ. If he was 19 and averaged 5/4/4 he would’ve gotten more love from Knick fans, but being he’s 22 he could’ve averaged 50ppg and people still would’ve been mad at the pick because he’s 22 and not 19.

All the big men that averaged 20+ in college recently as upperclassmen suck though. Legit all of them. There's not much growth there.

It's why teams salivate on drafting 18/19 year olds in the top 3. You can still groom them as they never received NBA training and attention to detail. It's why Kyrie who played like 3 games in college still was unanimous #1. It's why the Mavs said **** every future pick you can have it for a chance to draft Luka. You see flashes and you just know.

Look at players like KAT and Ayton. A million times more skilled than Obi. Not even close. Yet them as your 1st or 2nd best player and legit you're not winning more than 35 games (even less). KAT couldnt crack 25 wins. Big men that dont play defense and cant switch are the least valuable player in todays NBA and we just drafted one.

No college kid in the lottery will ever say "I dont want to play for NY". These kids have egos and sky high confidence, they all want to play here man. It's the vets that understand the business and media that dont want to be here.

In other words, for no reason at all :lol:

All the big men that averaged 20+ in college recently as upperclassmen suck though. Legit all of them. There's not much growth there.

It's why teams salivate on drafting 18/19 year olds in the top 3. You can still groom them as they never received NBA training and attention to detail. It's why Kyrie who played like 3 games in college still was unanimous #1. It's why the Mavs said **** every future pick you can have it for a chance to draft Luka. You see flashes and you just know.

Look at players like KAT and Ayton. A million times more skilled than Obi. Not even close. Yet them as your 1st or 2nd best player and legit you're not winning more than 35 games (even less). KAT couldnt crack 25 wins. Big men that dont play defense and cant switch are the least valuable player in todays NBA and we just drafted one.

No college kid in the lottery will ever say "I dont want to play for NY". These kids have egos and sky high confidence, they all want to play here man. It's the vets that understand the business and media that dont want to be here.
I feel you on everything you said, I just want to see a native son prosper in the Garden. I Wasn’t the biggest Melo fan but **** felt good seeing him go off in the Garden. **** sounds corny now but when they played “I’m coming home” for Melos debut, **** gave me the chills.

My problem with Obi is the players picked top 20 who were his age or older are an uninspired bunch. His age worries me along with his defense.

If we get Hayward I might be done.

I say **** the Knicks and lets gotm Nets. I MEAN YOU NOT ME.

If Inwas to hate a ***** this much, why am I going to continue ******* with her. Bye.

Stop *****ing and embracr the kid. If indeed they suck like you say they will, then we will have a lotto pick in the deepest draft class ever (rolling eyes).

If they pan out, we will be relevant and attract stars because they see the youth turning up.

Imagine a 22 y/o MJ getting ****ted on because he has no upside.

I say **** the Knicks and lets gotm Nets. I MEAN YOU NOT ME.

If Inwas to hate a ***** this much, why am I going to continue ****ing with her. Bye.

Stop *****ing and embracr the kid. If indeed they suck like you say they will, then we will have a lotto pick in the deepest draft class ever (rolling eyes).

If they pan out, we will be relevant and attract stars because they see the youth turning up.

Imagine a 22 y/o MJ getting ****ted on because he has no upside.
I know you didn’t just compare Obi ******* Toppin to MJ :rofl:

Obi’s IG
EnOZHlnXMAUwkw3

This enough for me. I’m sold.

I know you didn’t just compare Obi ****ing Toppin to MJ :rofl:
WTH ... are you on crack bro?

Im just saying .... today's fan are like we need this young cat ... when they struggle against men, they turn around and say he is young let him mature or he's garbage giving up on him without properly developing him. Yet when you draft a develop 22 y/o oh my god he is to old he gonna suck .. this and that.

Like WTF?

Young cats are flashy but rarely they are impactful changers.

KG
Lebron
Lucas

Besides these Dudes what other teen has turned their Franchise around??

All Im saying is, give this MF a chances bro. Stop hating him and ****ting on him just cause. Is like you're looking for him to fail.

Ballinsam23 wanna laugh but dude is 100% crying 100% of the time. **** is annoyiNg AF.

When we mortgage the house for Melo, and didnt hVe any picks .. people were like we dumb. Why we continue to trade our picks .. this and that. We need to learn from the Celtics and Sixers and aquire assets (picks) and built through the draft instead of maxing out these bums. Now it SEEMS like Leon is trying that and what we read? Who gives a **** about 2023 draft.

Like BRO .... **** is exhausting to read.

I'm sorry I value defense and shooting. You probably loved that Marbury-Steve Francis-Eddy Curry superteam.

No one is forcing you to read anything. Ignore button is at your fingertips.

I'm sorry I value defense and shooting. You probably loved that Marbury-Steve Francis-Eddy Curry superteam.

No one is forcing you to read anything. Ignore button is at your fingertips.
Why would I do that?

Your crying at every turn is annoying, but you're entitled to your opinion.

I ask you, what you wanted to happened and how would you have made that happened? Also, what you want from now gping forward.

Young cats are flashy but rarely they are impactful changers.

KG
Lebron
Lucas

Besides these Dudes what other teen has turned their Franchise around??
If you’re deadass saying these the only young players in modern NBA history to turn they teams around then idk what to tell you man

Back
Top Bottom