The official '20 NYK thread, Nate jersey retired

Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
minuswhale throw the bag at fred... that cap space is pointless if you cant get anyone.... plus hes a good player who fills a need...

Y'all literally don't want the Knicks to sign anyone then will be like "we should offer $9 mil a year to Dragic." You do understand the Knicks have ZERO leverage right? Nobody will pass on an opportunity elsewhere to play on arguably the worst NBA franchise of the past 20 years.

You either overpay for a talented guy or keep signing mediocre scrubs like Portis or Randle. Gallo's old *** just got $20m a season to play for the Hawks. So please give up the pipe dream of getting a B+ player for D- money.

Our priority should be, developing our players period.

Having an established offensive / defensive scheme.

We **** on Frank (and the rest of the youngings) but he has played for 3 different coaches, 3 different offenses (2 which were ******* jokes) and 1 from a rookie head coach with no NBA experience .

Mind you even SuperStars have stressed the importance of a good HC when developing their game.

So yeah .... before I give a dude a supermax just because we have cap space, even though that 1 person aint going to do nothing. I rather roll the dice and start developing these players.

Recently

Dlo
Ingram
Brown
Hield
Etc

Were all bust according to their fans that wanted immediate gratification.

Play our draft picks ...

This is a stopgap year.

They’re going to sign short deals with average players to fill the roster like they did last year. Bank on the draft and player development for now. Hopefully they don’t create a glut at forward signing veterans to round out the roster.

Jerami Grant just signed a deal for $20 mil per year. We're not getting anyone good unless it's through trade. Gonna round this roster out with some G League guys

This is a stopgap year.

They’re going to sign short deals with average players to fill the roster like they did last year. Bank on the draft and player development for now. Hopefully they don’t create a glut at forward signing veterans to round out the roster.

i feel like this team always loads up on forwards every year regardless of the regime :lol:

Idc if Melo stunts the growth of the youth for one season let him chuck 40 shots a game and let this be his last season and retire a Knick

Give him the farewell tour
Retire the number
Get him in the hall as a Knick, period.

if we are all about team tank what difference does it make to sign melo? im sure hes not going to take away shots from the young guys...hes not the same player he once was when he was here... i see him in a leadership role like kidd and sheed except this team wont be as good lol... but if he can make the younger guys better like rj and mitch then im all for it

Someone please explain to me how a team develops into a championship contender without adding a single high paid/all star talent veteran. Even the Warriors signed Iggy to $15-16mil a year to be a role player alongside Steph and Klay.

You can't point to a single championship team that didn't have to sign a star or two to win a chip. I'm not someone who thinks Russ wins us a ring but you don't develop guys by being trash for their entire young career. They need a taste of winning then you let the high paid veteran star leave and sign someone better.

Back
Top Bottom