The official '20 NYK thread, Nate jersey retired

Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All these teams that won a chip, they drafted the right guys. Or traded all the right guys they drafted for established stars.

In the end of the day you gotta hit on the draft. Literally every championship team in the last 50 years, one of the top 2 best players on that team was someone that team drafted.

All these teams that won a chip, they drafted the right guys. Or traded all the right guys they drafted for established stars.

In the end of the day you gotta hit on the draft. Literally every championship team in the last 50 years, one of the top 2 best players on that team was someone that team drafted.

Yeah ONE of the 2 best but almost never THE best player. Lakers two best players weren't drafted. Best player on 2 of the Warriors rings was Durant, not drafted. Kawhi was the best player on the Raptors, not drafted. Best player on the Heat is Bron or Wade depending on who you ask. Cavs drafted Bron and he won them a ring as their best player but they technically signed him back after he left.

Ability to acquire high level talent is key to being a contender, not letting a bunch of young guys play together for years and think they'll go from a 20 win team to a 60 win team just by playing longer.

Bird
Magic
Isiah
Jordan
Olajawon
Duncan
Wade (05)
Kawhi (later with Spurs)
Steph
Dirk
Lebron (Cavs)

More often than not, your best player when you win is someone you drafted. Lebron is different because he hopped around to start the super team era. Also the Lakers traded everyone they drafted for a star to pair with a star. You have to hit on draft picks.

Gotta bring Melo back if possible. Hopefully them doing right by Melo would shift the attitude of players in the league since it’s basically unanimous that no big stars wanna play for the Knicks.

Also, they need a veteran PG to run the offense so the picks can properly develop. Development won’t happen if boys can’t even get in the right sets.

Bird
Magic
Isiah
Jordan
Olajawon
Duncan
Wade (05)
Kawhi (later with Spurs)
Steph
Dirk
Lebron (Cavs)

More often than not, your best player when you win is someone you drafted. Lebron is different because he hoped around to start the super team era.

Last time the Knicks drafted a player that won a ring as the best player on ANY team, my 70 year old dad was graduating high school.

Last time the Knicks drafted a player that won a ring as the best player on ANY team, my 70 year old dad was graduating high school.

Ewing and we came close. If you don’t hit on draft picks you forever suck. Look at the Kings, Pistons, Knicks, etc. If you hit on draft picks stars will come. Especially in attractive cities.

Ewing and we came close. If you don’t hit on draft picks you forever suck. Look at the Kings, Pistons, Knicks, etc. If you hit on draft picks stars will come. Especially in attractive cities.

but we're not hitting draft picks and that's why I'm saying it's okay to sign guys and over pay a little bit to attract talent and bring a winning attitude to the franchise. We drafted KP and he was putting up numbers and we still sucked

but we're not hitting draft picks and that's why I'm saying it's okay to sign guys and over pay a little bit to attract talent and bring a winning attitude to the franchise. We drafted KP and he was putting up numbers and we still sucked

I don’t think it’s the right move. Idk who we hit on yet from our RJ Obi Mitch core. Look at the Hawks for example. They hit on Trae and Collins. Traded for Capela. Now they’ve overpaid for Gallo. I completely get it. They want playoff experience, but they jumped the gun. They blew their load too early to be a 6th seed and won’t have money for when big time FAs are available. But they still have other solid prospects (Huerter, Reddish, etc) to add a star so maybe they’re on the right path.

If we held on to KP I think a star would’ve came btw.

They gotta sign some kinda loved vet to help rebuild the rep, Melo is easy because it's cheap and short. Healing those wounds would do a lot. I don't care much either way though, or for this non developing development.

^ its really a mixture of both... you really need good homegrown players to develop and make the team good to attract free agents like curry and klay then kd joined and same thing with the heat with dwade and lebron and bosh came... you need that one elite homegrown superstar at least then be respectable and get free agents to join... miami was an exception this year to sign jimmy... they had a good team though winning 3 chips in the last 15 years... meanwhile we havent won since the 70s which is not attractive smh

Last edited:
Alec Burks is a decent bench scorer, can rack up points in a hurry and handle the ball. As long as he doesn't get in the way of the younger guys. Easy contract to move too.

I just hope RJ and Frank come back with consistent three pointers. That'll do a lot for both of them and the team overall.

With all the signings taken place so far, outside of FVV the rest of the FA class is pretty buns

As long as we’re not giving out big money on long term deals it don’t really matter who we sign

Maintaining flexibility should be the priority especially if we don’t land FVV

Knicks looking for cheap deals and the league is spending like fools. Times have changed

39% from 3 and only 6 mill.

Sounds good to me
I’m saying man

I thought teams were strapped due to the shortened season but I’m seeing all these mid level guys get bonkers money

Back
Top Bottom