The official '20 NYK thread, Nate jersey retired

Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The FO preached patience and drafted players who are clearly projects. Fine, the fans were on board and everyone said finally we’re holding on to our picks and rebuilding through the draft. All of a sudden when they realized these dudes aren’t gonna turn to anything partly because our player development team is trash, they said the only way they’ll get better is if you surround them with winning basketball and proceeded to speed up the rebuild for an attempt at the 8th seed by bringing in a bunch of vets.

We’re obviously not gonna go the full tank Sixers route. It really comes down to that in New York you cannot properly rebuild through the draft unless you get top picks. Countless times they've sped up the process because it just doesnt work in this city. We always suck, but never suck the right way. We will absolutely never get back to back to back top 5 picks like the Lakers, Hawks, Grizzlies etc get.

It's how everyone in this city tries the get-rich-quick schemes (scratching lotto tickets, pyramid schemes, credit card scams). New Yorkers have no patience. They need results fast.

It doesnt matter what FO we have. We will always speed up the rebuild.

-Trade every young player for Melo even though he'll be a free agent
-Amnesty Billups to sign Chandler
-Trade for Bargnani for the 2016 pick
-Noah contract then Noah stretch
-Hiring the sexy option in Fizdale and pretending he's a player development coach
-Getting Mudiay and Burke to bury your lotto pick in Frank
-Trading Porzingis for a KD/Kyrie pipe dream
-Getting DSJ to once again bury Frank even more
-Bringing in Payton to now bury Frank and DSJ
-Bringing in Randle and Morris to bury your lotto pick in Knox
-Bringing in 4 front court players to bury Mitch
-Now the Drummond rumors come into play and its the absolute perfect scenario of speeding up the rebuild once again

They dont know how to either only play the young guys for 3 years straight and rack up top picks or trade everyone and be content with a 4-7 seed. We always mess with the plan because once again, in New York you cannot rebuild through the draft.

Whoever the next FO is will have similar pressure. It's another reason why alot of top FAs wont come here. There's too much pressure for fast results.
giphy.gif

I hate that i'm gonna have to watch Randle for the next 2 years.

Also the Sixers broadcast is roasting Frank right now :lol::lol:

I wanted to take a chance on MPJr

I mentioned MPJr the other day saying it may have been worth taking a season without our lottery pick to have a guy who could contribute the next 5+ seasons and someone replied saying he has a bad back. I’d take 60 games of solid contribution and 22 rest games over 82 games of being completely lost.

Idk if MPJ will ever play over 30 min a game consistently. Hip and back surgeries as a teenager is a huge red flag long term.

Back
Top Bottom