The Official 2008 Chicago Bulls Off Season Thread: BG Signs 1 Year Deal; No one cares; BASEBALL FTW

Originally Posted by Mw2889

I wouldn't mind tanking at this point, we could use another young player. Hopefully it's not a PF/C that has no offense.

2nq4o6e.jpg

ohwell.gif

Well, it makes sense to have your new coach in place before the draft.

I'm sure John has spent the remainder of this season already conducting an informal search for a new coach.

I still think Rick Carlisel is best suited to coach this team

I thought about Larry Brown too, but we all know he won't be around long enough to take us to the title.

Larry is better suited to coach up a team that is on the cusp of a title

Man, I wish Stan Van Gudy were available

I would like to see somebody fresh to the NBA, Possibly someone from overseas.

I know it will never happen, but I'd love to see Pippen as a coach.

trade, trade, trade them all away i swear to god if i see more youg players on the bulls i will buy a ticket to the season opener and run out to center courtand blow out my brains all over benny the !$#%!@ bull

I wouldn't mind if the team stayed together another year, but a new coach is necessary.
I think this team needs a more offensive minded coach.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

I think this team needs a more offensive minded coach.
I was thinking about a more DEFENSIVE coach.

We don't really have the personel to be trying to out score other squads.

I'd love that, but I am pretty pessimistic about the players responding to another hard-nosed coach.

^

I don't know I think it has more to do with personal issue with Skiles than it was playing for a defensive minded coach

Also, another question I want to pose to all of you

Chris Duhon is an Unrestricted FA; Do you want him to stay or go???

personally, I love Chris Duhon, but with our logjam of guards right now, I think this might be the last season he is in Chicago

frown.gif

As old as the losing became this season, the Bulls will finish it tonight as the youngest team in the NBA.

But Bulls general manager John Paxson, who will address his team after the season finale against Toronto at the United Center, thinks youth can be served as soon as next season.

''I want to be back in the playoffs,'' Paxson said. ''But other [Eastern Conference] teams will get better. Being the youngest team in the league is not a thing I want to hang my hat on here. The guys that play a lot for us, they have enough experience. So I don't view us necessarily as a young team. We just need to play better.''

The game tonight means little, though a victory enable the Bulls to avoid their first 50-loss season since 2003-04, when Scott Skiles took over for the fired Bill Cartwright. The Bulls finished 23-59 that season, and Skiles then directed the team to three consecutive playoff appearances before being fired on Christmas Eve after a 9-17 start.

Paxson will meet Thursday with the coaching staff, at which time interim coach Jim Boylan and some of his assistants are likely to be terminated. Boylan may rejoin Skiles' staff if Skiles is hired by the New York Knicks -- he is a leading candidate to replace Isiah Thomas -- the Milwaukee Bucks or another NBA team.

Both the Bulls and Bucks are expected to pursue Rick Carlisle in their coaching searches.

Paxson will hold individual meetings with the players Friday, at which time he'll make clear that he expects to see them around the team's practice facility for much of the offseason. Paxson's priorities include the contracts of both Ben Gordon, the team's leading scorer for a third consecutive season, and Luol Deng.

''That's months away,'' Paxson said. ''We'll have the [June] draft first. That's in the future. It will be addressed and discussed.''

After hiring a coach and preparing for the draft, Paxson will turn his attention to trades and free agency, which begins July 1. But those expecting a house-cleaning of players will be disappointed. Salary-cap concerns and long-term contracts create constraints for any GM.

Among the players not expected back is guard Chris Duhon, who scored 22 points and had 15 assists in the Bulls' record-filled, 151-135 win at Milwaukee on Monday.

We have one game left before the season is over and Bulls fans are already generating the 2008 thread.

I'm down.
smile.gif

Boylan, you are no Al McGuire.

i would take Carlisle or larry brown as the HC.

They got to do somethig with Deng and Gordon. I dont mind Gordon on the team like others do i think if you put someone else that could score on the team hewouldnt have to force shots all day.

I like deng but if someone is going to throw a #+#% load of money for him sign and trade that *+%.

someone needs to smack some sense into Hinrich this offseason

Thomas and Noah better hit the weight room togther and work on there jump shots

In the draft
Brook Lopez legit 7 footer and can score in the paint
Hasheem Thabeet a real bigmen. can have a defense impact on the game from day 1 in the NBA. offense is coming along but with the work the coaching staff hasdone with Aaron gray im sure they can do the same for thabeet
DeAndre Jordan im not high on him after what he did this season which woud be NOTHING but again another real big men.
Kevin Love wouldnt like the pick even tho im a UCLA fan cause he would be another undersize post player but he brings scoring to the table soemthing none ofare bigmen have. Noah and Thomas could help cover his *+% on defense.

All i want is a real god damn big men. i dont care if its the east no way Noah should be running center. If Elton Brand opts out go after him maybe get a signand trade going if we dont got the cap space if possible.

Yeah, looking back at the last few year, I'm glad the Bulls have done what they have done. I'm glad they let Tyson Chandler go....
indifferent.gif
I'm happy they drafted Deng instead of Iggy...
mad.gif
And it's a blessing they didn't trade for that scrap heap playerKobe
mad.gif
! All in all, for when it was done, trading Elton Brand was a goodidea. High School kids have so much potential.
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

John needs to do his damn job this summer because this ship needs to be righted NOW

(Sam Cook) Change Gone Come (Same Cook)

We ahve a lot to do. Our guard situation muct be worked out, and we need to decide this year if Loul is going to be in our long term plans, because if he isnot the lets just move on. This offseason will be a big factor in what we are to expect from this tam in the future. Honestly i dont think that BG will be in aBulls jersey beyond the 09 season.

as long as the coach is not jim boylan im ecstatic!!! and as long as the core of our team is Luol Deng, T. Thomas, Joakim, and Gooden everyone else can go! iwish we could pursue BDiddy or Corey Maggete! MAN OH MAN if we end up with the 1st pick that would be PHENOMENAL! Personally i would package it with a coupleplayers for someone good!

i don't see this team being broken up as much as everyone thinks it will be. Then again Pax appears to have an itchy trigger finger ( a little latethough).

I think Carlisle is gonna be the coach.

I soooo badly want a big name on this team. Who the hell is available though?? Ugh....we suck

Back
Top Bottom