The Official 2008 Chicago Bulls Off Season Thread: BG Signs 1 Year Deal; No one cares; BASEBALL FTW

34fxqa0.png

nerd.gif

Yeah BG has crazy leaps. Dudes high school videos are sick. I wish he could play some D though, because i want him to be a Bul for his whole career

Reports: Collins returning to Bulls as head coach

The Chicago Bulls' next head coach will reportedly be a familiar face.

Numerous media outlets reported Thursday that the Bulls will hire Doug Collins as their new head coach.

Earlier this month, Collins told ESPN.com's Marc Stein that he had "no interest" in coaching again.

Collins, currently an NBA analyst with TNT, last coached in 2002 with the Washington Wizards. He also coached the Detroit Pistons and the Bulls, compiling a 332-228 record. He has a career 15-23 record in the postseason.

Collins was fired by the Bulls in 1989, despite leading the team to the Eastern Conference finals. He was replaced by Phil Jackson, who went on to coach the team to six NBA titles.

Expected to contend in the Eastern Conference after reaching the second round of the playoffs last season, Chicago plummeted, losing 49 games. Coach Scott Skiles got fired in December, and interim coach Jim Boylan lost his job after the season finale. But suddenly, luck seems to be smiling on the Bulls.

Chicago will pick first overall in the 2008 draft after winning the draft lottery.

Collins also had a solid NBA playing career, averaging 17.9 points in eight seasons after being selected No. 1 overall by the Philadelphia 76ers in the 1973 draft out of Illinois State. He was selected to four All-Star games.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
How bout that

ohwell.gif

The good thing, Collins loves our young guys (Thabo, Tyrus, Noah) and will want to play them. They are gonna have to get run if this team is going to improve.I would think he gets rid of Kirk because he never seems to talk him up much. It also seems like he is lukewarm on BG. Those 2 are the ones I see leavingfirst. I also think he wants Rose and will turn the team into an uptempo one. All I want is a coach that will put a system around the players he has that isbest suited for them to win. I think Collins will realize that the team has amajor whole in the middle and with their athletes should grab the ball and get upcourt. Skiles and Boylan never saw it and that is why our teams couldn't progress enough. Lots of chatter that they are bringing in an assistant withCollins to become the replacement down the line. Lots believe it will be Hornacek. I would like to see him teach these guys how to shoot a jumper. Not too manybetter than him as a pure shooter.

Not too happy with the Collins hire, but i think hes going to put a lot of faith in Tyrus, Noah, and Thabo to perform which i like.

http://www.theheckler.com/news/templates/default.aspx?a=2123&z=1

Bulls to trade first overall pick for Tyson Chandler
Club to use second-round pick on sluggish Division-III center
May 21, 2008
Print E-mail story

The Bulls, winners of the NBA Draft Lottery Tuesday night despite overwhelming odds against landing the top pick, are reportedly on the verge of trading theselection to the New Orleans Hornets for former Bull Tyson Chandler.

GM John Paxson, at a press conference early Wednesday, spoke to reporters about the Bulls' unique position.

"It's about time the NBA rigged one of these lotteries in our favor," Paxson said in a whisper. "What's that? The microphone's on?Oh, ah, I mean, we're thrilled about the luck we got here yesterday. It opens up lots of options for us."

Addressing the rumors more specifically, Paxson admitted to having spoken with the Hornets about a potential deal involving the seven-foot, one-inch Chandler.He wouldn't say whether a move is imminent, but insisted he's determined not to repeat the mistakes of past Bulls general managers.

"In 2001, our franchise traded Elton Brand -- an established 20-and-10 guy -- to the Clippers for some unproven, offensively-inept kid who'd neverplayed a second of NBA basketball and who I knew would never be good," Paxson said. "Well, now the shoe's on the other foot. We're the oneswith the high draft pick, and there's this established veteran out there [Chandler] who may be available. I've got a good feeling the Hornets are gonnabite on this one."

According to one Bulls insider, should the Hornets "be historically stupid" and not agree to the trade, Paxson would likely keep the draft pick andchoose between Kansas State freshman Michael Beasley and Igor Vladamondodamov, a power forward from the Republic of Sakha in Northern Siberia.

As for the Bulls' second round pick (39th Overall), the source said, Paxson has his eye on Ned Flurry, a seven-foot Division-III freshman with "nice,soft" hands, a penchant for laziness, and a history of weight problems.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

WHAT THE +!%!!!!!!! WHY DID WE HIRE THAT #!%%*$% BUM COLLINS?? HE #!%%*$% SUCKS GOOD LORD. WE ANT NEVER GOING TO WIN WITH THE WAY THESE #!%%*$% IDIOTS RUN THEFRONT #!%%*$% OFFICE. ARE U #!%%*$% KIDDING ME
mad.gif

mad.gif

Yeah, WAS is not what I base my opinion on. The hot pick would have been DAntoni but he too the money and ran. I do not think Avery Johnson is anything to gethyped about. Same with the young guys that haven't even proved they know what they are doing. I think Doug has a great basketball mind and a firm grasp onthe philosophy of the game but I question if he can turn that into a championship type team. I guess we will see. Pax could have done a lot worse.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Yeah, WAS is not what I base my opinion on. The hot pick would have been DAntoni but he too the money and ran. I do not think Avery Johnson is anything to get hyped about. Same with the young guys that haven't even proved they know what they are doing. I think Doug has a great basketball mind and a firm grasp on the philosophy of the game but I question if he can turn that into a championship type team. I guess we will see. Pax could have done a lot worse.

Pretty much. Doug is a great teacher of the game. Listening to him on TNT would be an example of his knowledge of the game. I'm not to sure aboutthe trade for Tyson. He has the height and that's pretty much it. The Bulls need a true big man with both the height as well as the size.

avery woulda definatly been a better pick for head coach.
coach of the month his first 2 months as a head coach.
not to mention coach of the year his first full season as a head coach.
and i personally think he made jason terry and devin harris into the valuable players they are today.
the man is proven and i am disapointed that we won't get to see
what he woulda done with rose

Originally Posted by cityawind

avery woulda definatly been a better pick for head coach.
coach of the month his first 2 months as a head coach.
not to mention coach of the year his first full season as a head coach.
and i personally think he made jason terry and devin harris into the valuable players they are today.
the man is proven and i am disapointed that we won't get to see
what he woulda done with rose

The Bulls would've ended up losing their defensive edge because Dallas strong suit definitely WASN'T defense
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom