*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Originally Posted by NYfly1

LAKERS DONT STAND A CHANCE AGAINST THE CELTS
PAUL PIERCE WIL HAVE KOBE SHOOK
49c2512e8e58612158c24aaec831b2ec5197745.gif

This dude is killin' me with that .gif
roll.gif

I think the Lakers will win this series.

Garnett better play to his fullest as well as Allen and Pierce if they plan on ever winning a championship because I don't see them going back to thefinals after this year.

Man, I was gonna say something, but forget it. So many useless/un-backed predictions in here...
laugh.gif
(From both sides.)

It's going to be a great series that I'm looking forward to watching during many years to come (I will be taping the whole series
smokin.gif
). I really think Ray Allen will be the X-Factor in the series, if he hits hisshots...the Celtics have a great chance at taking it, if not, I'd say the advantage swings to the Lakers.

Thursday
pimp.gif

he scary thing is we still haven't seen the celtics of the regular season come out to play yet. these playoff celtics are not the same team we saw dominate the east.
the team that beat detroit in games 5 and 6 is that "regular season" team re-emerging... hopefully they carry it over into the final.

since weve never seen the Lakers Gasol on Garnettt here is the Grizzlies - a young Gasol.

So much homerism in this thread
laugh.gif

It's funny and sad at the same time.

The Celtics did not make it to the finals by accident, they're not going to be a pushover...

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Originally Posted by acidicality

there isn't much of a difference between rondo and fisher to me, but fisher gets the edge because he has experience. Rondo does some things much better than Fisher can, but Fisher also does some things much better than Rondo (like shooting).
not much diffrence???? are you crazy how about the jump shot!!!!!! and not to mention hes a much better defender!!!!!
I agree. rondo is better. plus hes faster. we only have one shot blocker on the team and thats turiaf...

Who covered Carmelo when you guys played them? I want to know if we can expect VladRad to cover Pierce or if Kobe will.

There's rumors going around that Kobe is gonna guard Rondo, so he can free lance and help disrupt th rest of the Celitc's offense. We'll see howthe Celtics can exploit the mismatches this will leave.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

^ I heard Scalabrine gonna get maaaaaad play time also....
roll.gif

he's coming back home too! USC's just down the block from Staples...
laugh.gif

There's rumors going around that Kobe is gonna guard Rondo, so he can free lance and help disrupt th rest of the Celitc's offense. We'll see how the Celtics can exploit the mismatches this will leave.
Rondo can hit those shots created by the 'center fielder.' We've seen it.

HE JUST HAS TO TAKE THEM!
frown.gif

This feels like the 91 finals all over again. A career defining championship series for whoever wins.

seriously..im rooting for the Lakers on this one. but they wont win. Gasol is just too weak compared to garnett and perkins and ray allen has found his shotagain..boston has too many weapons...boston will win in 5..i really wanted to see kobe with another ring too without shaq. but not this year..quote me on this

I am PSYCHED for this series to begin. I'm tired of all these fake-%+@ Lakers fans coming out under their rocks sticking flags to their cars and talkinglike they actually watch basketball. I would love for this series to go 7 games so...........CELTICS IN 7!!!

Originally Posted by certified hustler11

I am PSYCHED for this series to begin. I'm tired of all these fake-%+@ Lakers fans coming out under their rocks sticking flags to their cars and talking like they actually watch basketball. I would love for this series to go 7 games so...........CELTICS IN 7!!!

i think your statement is more for the boston fans. like i didnt even know they existed last year and dont forget they wanted doc rivers fired in thebeginning and all of a sudden they praise him. where were the celtics fans when walker and pierce were together?

Originally Posted by certified hustler11

I am PSYCHED for this series to begin. I'm tired of all these fake-%+@ Lakers fans coming out under their rocks sticking flags to their cars and talking like they actually watch basketball. I would love for this series to go 7 games so...........CELTICS IN 7!!!

Yeah Celtics fans are such great and knowledgeable fans that this happened last season in Boston when the Celtics were headed for another year in thelottery:

The way Rondo is playing right now is above what Fisher has done in the playoffs so far. He's raised his level of play a lot recently. But I would nevercould out Fish in the playoffs, he's clutch and fearless. It's going to be a good matchup.

Back
Top Bottom