*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

I just realized how outnumbered Celtic fans are compared to laker fans on this board
laugh.gif
And when you factor in the amount of Boston haters on NT, it's not even close.
Anyway, this is going to be a match-up for the ages, can't wait for it.
laker haters far outweigh boston haters

you forgot. you have the support of all those outstanding laker haters... its like the whose who of the nike forum...

Lakers Home Record > Bostons Home Record
Lakers Road Record > Bostons Road Record

Lakers in 6

Game1 Lakers
Game2 Celts
Game3 Lakers
Game4 Celts
Game5 Lakers
Game6 Lakers

Originally Posted by Burns1923

I don't understand the hate on Boston.

Is it backlash against hype or because of the top record or the players or just because?

Who doesn't like KG, Ray, and Paul?
glasses.gif

why WOULD you like KG, allen, or parker? not to mention the city of boston's long history of racism especially celtic fans.... why you think JO andWebber rejected trades there?

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Boston in 6.

Damn, some of ya'll only giving the Celtics one game? WOW.

Most Lakers fans here in the Chi that I've encountered tend to be over the top. Sounding just like a lot of you dudes on NT.
laugh.gif
with all conspiracy talk aside, i dont get how alot of laker fans are saying this series is gonna be over quick? did we not see TWO TIMES our lakersget rammed by the celtics in the regular season? and that was WITH bynum...

the lakers just do not match up well with the celtics. why? because they lakers cant guard pierce. they cant guard allen. they cant guard kg. limp wrist rondois gonna go crazy in this series...

lamar been missing open lay ups like before... and gasol? jesus christ... his D is lacking hard... farmar....smh..

most likely phil wont play ariza even though he should but he dont like making line up changes.. pierce always kills the lakers..

i think all this lakers in 5 talk is crazy. they aint got home court advantage in this series...

gosh this sucks forget the

LAY
KURZ
YOU GUYS ARE ANOYYING GET OFF THE BAND WAGON THIS MESSAGE DOESNT APPLY TO THE OGS YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

im not ready for another year 2000 of the band wagon smh.
let boston win they haven't won since the 80s bring a new generation a championship. well who ever wins they will have another bandwagon fest
add another chip to the boston sports. why cant dallas just win 1 damnit. ESP the cowboys.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

with all conspiracy talk aside, i dont get how alot of laker fans are saying this series is gonna be over quick? did we not see TWO TIMES our lakers get rammed by the celtics in the regular season? and that was WITH bynum...

the lakers just do not match up well with the celtics. why? because they lakers cant guard pierce. they cant guard allen. they cant guard kg. limp wrist rondo is gonna go crazy in this series...

lamar been missing open lay ups like before... and gasol? jesus christ... his D is lacking hard... farmar....smh..

most likely phil wont play ariza even though he should but he dont like making line up changes.. pierce always kills the lakers..

i think all this lakers in 5 talk is crazy. they aint got home court advantage in this series...

Lakers werent in 1st place in the west WITH bynum

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

with all conspiracy talk aside, i dont get how alot of laker fans are saying this series is gonna be over quick? did we not see TWO TIMES our lakers get rammed by the celtics in the regular season? and that was WITH bynum...

the lakers just do not match up well with the celtics. why? because they lakers cant guard pierce. they cant guard allen. they cant guard kg. limp wrist rondo is gonna go crazy in this series...

Lakers werent in 1st place in the west WITH bynum
yea but dude have you seen gasol play lately? good lord... not only does he lack on D but he been struggling on the offensive side as well....

rooting for the lakers.

i have been dreading this match up ever since the play offs and have always been rooting for the opposing team in the celtics series. However, i have alsosubconsciously rooted for this match up at the same time because it is epic.

even though i have been always rooting for the underdogs, rooting for the lakers against the celtics will break that trend because i believe the lakers is thebetter team.

go lakers.

yea but dude have you seen gasol play lately? good lord... not only does he lack on D but he been struggling on the offensive side as well....

yeah i have seen him play, him and lamar, theyve both put up terrible performances lately but thisnt the same team that boston beat back in november anddecember

edit
[table][tr][td] LA Lakers[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Name[/td] [td]Min[/td] [td]FG[/td] [td]3Pt[/td] [td]FT[/td] [td]Off[/td] [td]Reb[/td] [td]Ast[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]Stl[/td] [td]Blk[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]Pts [/td] [/tr][tr][td] R. Turiaf[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]2-5[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] L. Odom[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]2-7[/td] [td]0-2[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] A. Bynum[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]2-7[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] K. Bryant[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]9-21[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [td]7-9[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]28 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] . Fisher[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]4-8[/td] [td]1-5[/td] [td]4-4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]13 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] C. Mihm[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]0-4[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] L. Walton[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]2-6[/td] [td]0-1[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] J. Farmar[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]5-8[/td] [td]3-6[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]13 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] V. Radmanovic[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]7-12[/td] [td]3-6[/td] [td]1-1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]18 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] S. Vujacic[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]2-5[/td] [td]0-3[/td] [td]2-2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] K. Brown[/td] [td]DNP - Coach's Decision[/td] [/tr][tr][td] J. Crittenton[/td] [td]DNP - Coach's Decision[/td] [/tr][tr][td] C. Karl[/td] [td]DNP - Coach's Decision[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Totals[/td] [td]236[/td] [td]35-83[/td] [td]10-30[/td] [td]14-16[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]37[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]94 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Percentages:[/td] [td] [/td] [td].422[/td] [td].333[/td] [td].875[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Team Rebounds: 6[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] Boston[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Name[/td] [td]Min[/td] [td]FG[/td] [td]3Pt[/td] [td]FT[/td] [td]Off[/td] [td]Reb[/td] [td]Ast[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]Stl[/td] [td]Blk[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]Pts [/td] [/tr][tr][td] P. Pierce[/td] [td]44[/td] [td]8-18[/td] [td]3-6[/td] [td]1-2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]20 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] K. Garnett[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]7-16[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]7-8[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]21 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] K. Perkins[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]8-10[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]5-6[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]21 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] R. Allen[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]5-15[/td] [td]2-7[/td] [td]6-8[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]18 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] R. Rondo[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]3-6[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]0-2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]6 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] J. Posey[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]3-4[/td] [td]2-2[/td] [td]2-2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]10 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] T. Allen[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]1-3[/td] [td]0-1[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] E. House[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]2-2[/td] [td]1-1[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]5 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] B. Scalabrine[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]1-2[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] S. Pollard[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1-1[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] G. Davis[/td] [td]DNP - Coach's Decision[/td] [/tr][tr][td] L. Powe[/td] [td]DNP - Coach's Decision[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Totals[/td] [td]236[/td] [td]39-77[/td] [td]8-17[/td] [td]21-28[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]107 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Percentages:[/td] [td] [/td] [td].506[/td] [td].471[/td] [td].750[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Team Rebounds: 10[/td] [/tr][/table]
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

The Celtics beating the Lakers in December is irrelevant today, the Lakers are a much better team right now than they were 5 months ago. The Celtics then wereplaying at their highest level, they were kicking everybody's butt during that span in November and December.

With that said, i can see the Lakers taking this in 6. They'll lose the first 2 in Boston, the rest of the Lakers other than Kobe and Fisher haven'tbeen to the finals and they will get intimidated by the atmosphere and the crowd in Boston. I can see the Lakers winning all three games at home where the restof the Lakers will be more comfortable at the Staples Center and will play better, then they'll use that confidence from the games in LA and will playgreat and steal game 6 in Boston. Thats how i see this series going down.

On a side note, if the Lakers get a split in the first 2 games in Boston, this @$%% will be over in 5 games.

This is what I have been waiting for. So happy that the Celtics won and put this away early. Lakers Vs. Celtics. Two of basketball's most storiedfranchises going back at it again since '87.

'87 Babies FTW!!!
laugh.gif

Boston in 6.

Most Lakers fans here in the Chi that I've encountered tend to be over the top. Sounding just like a lot of you dudes on NT.
laugh.gif

you also thought it was crazy to expect the lakers to beat san antonio since the lakers defense is 'garbage.' and that series was done in 5
laugh.gif

Alright you LA NT ninjas, it is your job to find out where the Celts will be staying and spread the word. Let's pull some Sacramento Kings tactics on thesefools and ruin their sleep.

Originally Posted by purpleRElGN

Boston in 6.

laugh.gif

you also thought it was crazy to expect the lakers to beat san antonio since the lakers defense is 'garbage.' and that series was done in 5
laugh.gif
hey how was anyone supposed to know the spurs would run out of gas and look like old men out there?

smh.gif
at the 6 day wait
I can't believe this %!@! is all ready 7 pages
laugh.gif

I hope this can live up to the hype, let's go LA

I can't believe I have to wait 6 days for Game 1.
grin.gif

Four more away for either team to win the chip. I truly believe if this entire Lakers team playes the way they have in this postseason, that they can take thisin 6. Getting at least a split in Boston is a MAJOR factor in this series. IMO, it will ultimately determine the outcome.

If you don't mind dyyhard,

LET'S GO LAKERS!!!

Lakers are HEAVY favorites, according to BSPN (not sure if I like all the sudden LA support
nerd.gif
)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/series?series=lalbos

[h3]Expert Picks[/h3] [table][tr][td]
abbott_henry_35.jpg

Abbott[/td] [td]
adande_j.a._35.jpg

Adande[/td] [td]
broussard_chris_35.jpg

Broussard[/td] [td]
ford_chad_35.jpg

Ford[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
lal.gif

(In 5)[/td] [td]
lal.gif

(In 6)[/td] [td]
lal.gif

(In 7)[/td] [td]
lal.gif

(In 6)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
hollinger_john_35.jpg

Hollinger[/td] [td]
sheridan_chris_35.jpg

Sheridan[/td] [td]
stein_marc_35.jpg

Stein[/td] [td]
thorpe_david_35.jpg

Thorpe[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
lal.gif

(In 6)[/td] [td]
lal.gif

(In 6)[/td] [td]
lal.gif

(In 5)[/td] [td]
lal.gif

(In 6)[/td] [/tr][/table]

finals_logo.jpg

Select Series LA Lakers vs. Boston--------------Conference finals--------------Detroit vs. BostonSan Antonio vs. LA Lakers--------------East semifinals--------------Cleveland vs. BostonOrlando vs. Detroit--------------West semifinals--------------San Antonio vs. New OrleansUtah vs. LA Lakers--------------First Round - East--------------Atlanta vs. BostonPhiladelphia vs. DetroitWashington vs. ClevelandToronto vs. Orlando--------------First Round - West--------------Denver vs. LA LakersDallas vs. New OrleansPhoenix vs. San AntonioUtah vs. Houston

[h1]LAKERS VERSUS CELTICS[/h1]

Classic Clash

Classic Clash

The NBA's two most storied franchises meet in the 2008 NBA Finals. It's the MVP vs. the Big Three. Can Kobe and the Lakers defeat the top-seeded Celtics? You decide. Vote | NBA Finals schedule

Getty

Simmons on the conference finals in 48 hours
Hollinger: Stacking up this Final Four teams
Nugs-Lakers | Jazz-Lakers | Spurs-Lakers
Hawks-Celtics | Cavaliers-C's | Pistons-C's

Back
Top Bottom