*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

I say Lakers in 6.

LET'S GO LAKERS!!!! WE COMING FOR THAT CHAMPIONSHIP!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

I just realized how outnumbered Celtic fans are compared to laker fans on this board
laugh.gif
And when you factor in the amount of Boston haters on NT, it's not even close.
Anyway, this is going to be a match-up for the ages, can't wait for it.

Word. I don't know how many different posts I have read in the past month hatin on the Celtics.

pimp.gif
should be good.

I would like nothing more than for us to send Kendrick Perkins into the off-season without a championship.

I'm so hyped for this series. I can't stand the Celtics, mostly their bench players who think they are so high and mighty.

I don't understand the hate on Boston.

Is it backlash against hype or because of the top record or the players or just because?

Who doesn't like KG, Ray, and Paul?
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

I would like nothing more than for us to send Kendrick Perkins into the off-season without a championship.

I'm so hyped for this series. I can't stand the Celtics, mostly their bench players who think they are so high and mighty.

celtics bench? you shouldnt be talking man. can you say sasha? this guy is cocky also and he has no reason to be. along with his bed buddy turiaf

Lakers in 5....sided with em to come out the West.

Now that my Pistons are out, only natural for me to support the Kobester as usual.

Originally Posted by outkast9984

celtics bench? you shouldnt be talking man. can you say sasha? this guy is cocky also and he has no reason to be. along with his bed buddy turiaf

dont be salty cause turiaf got heart
pimp.gif

Uh...Perkins, first of all, is not arrogant, but somehow on NT scowling = arrogance. Whatever.

Regardless, no bench players are cocky. Posey? No. Davis? Hell no, he hasn't played in a long time. House? Cassell? Haha, yeah right. Powe? Not at all.

What are you talking about, Lamar?

It will be a great series, I actually love the Lakers, Pau is one of my favorite players, I'm big fans of Lamar and Kobe and Fisher too. Obviously I'mrooting for the Celtics, but it's good to see them play an exciting team, not a dirty, grind-it-out team like Detroit.

I say Ray Allen continue his excellent play into the Finals, Garnett vs. Odom should be interesting as well as Pierce vs. Kobe, obviously. Kobe no doubt willhave the upper-hand but it's a sick matchup nonetheless.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

dont be salty cause turiaf got heart
pimp.gif

eyes.gif
@ me for finding that funny

laugh.gif

In what way is Sasha cocky? And Turiaf? Come on, man. Turiaf shows passion for his team's success. Cocky? No way.
Perkins, along with a fewother guys, acts like he is an all-star when he would be a scrub on any other playoff team.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Uh...Perkins, first of all, is not arrogant, but somehow on NT scowling = arrogance. Whatever.

Regardless, no bench players are cocky. Posey? No. Davis? Hell no, he hasn't played in a long time. House? Cassell? Haha, yeah right. Powe? Not at all.

You are a blind man.

Turiaf is anything but cocky. He's the man, he dances when he's on the bench and just has a good time...zero attitude from that guy.

Again though...name these supposed "cocky" Celtics bench players.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Turiaf is anything but cocky. He's the man, he dances when he's on the bench and just has a good time...zero attitude from that guy.

Again though...name these supposed "cocky" Celtics bench players.

Who said "cocky"?

I truly believe this series will pivot on whether LA can steal game 1 or 2 in Boston, if so, I believe they can win 3 straight at home or at least 2 outta 3and end this thing in 6. I like KG, but you now the enemy so get ready cause it's on!

why do i have a feeling perkins is gonna dominate pau? pau better not be soft in this series

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Originally Posted by DMan14

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

Originally Posted by MastaAce718

They should give NBC this finals just for old times sake.

i believe it was CBS televising those finals games in the 80's

And you would be right. I still have a tape from one of the games in the '87 Finals. Music and intro was still better than the ABC openings too. Atari computer looking graphics.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
hell yeah dude. and when they cut into the commercials, instead of showing highlights of a recent play like what they do now, they'd have pictures of the players popping up
laugh.gif

they had pat o' brien covering for cbs sports

yeah, Pat O Brien, %%%% Stockton, and Tommy Heinsohn
sick.gif

I don't think he was as senile as he is now when he did those games. I see you on the poorly made slideshow images right before the commercials.
laugh.gif

I need to find that tape. I remember there were a couple episodes of Three's Company on it as well.

Man, I am pretty happy about this, I am a life long Celtics fan and to see the Sox and Pats do well, it always hurt seeing the Celtics never being able to cutit. I have no hate towards Kobe Bean and hopefully this will be a great series.

All 3 teams going to the Championship game in the same year? Jeeeez.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

I just realized how outnumbered Celtic fans are compared to laker fans on this board
laugh.gif
And when you factor in the amount of Boston haters on NT, it's not even close.
Anyway, this is going to be a match-up for the ages, can't wait for it.

Word. I don't know how many different posts I have read in the past month hatin on the Celtics.

pimp.gif
should be good.

celtics haters already have their mind made, they will never be convinced. if the celtics win, they will say that it was undeserved and that stern allowedit to happen. if they lose, they will say they expected it. they already made up their mind since the celtics started the season 18-3.... i understand. i mean,how can a team that was pretty much nothing all of a sudden in 1 year add like 10 new players and then go 66-16 + finals appearance...it's never beendone. rags to riches. and the fact that people are so jealous that boston sports fans all of a sudden have another championship contending team just fuels thehate. it;s like that kid that keeps getting the best gifts for christmas....and others have to reach for reasons to devalue those gifts in their eyes cuzmisery loves company.... it is what it is.....

Back
Top Bottom