*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

I would just like to see a good game.
Of course I'm rooting for the home team (celtics)
But the lakers do have the best player.
either way it'll be a good series

You guys saying this series is over in 5, either way, are crazy. No matter who wins, it's going at least 6.

KOBE
pimp.gif

gonna have to root for lakers
devil.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

You guys saying this series is over in 5, either way, are crazy. No matter who wins, it's going at least 6.

people are callin 5 cause they expect the lakes to steal one in boston and then to win 3 straight at home, games 3-4-5, im pretty sure the lakers have yetto lose at home in the playoffs

phil_kobe_ring_308_021029.jpg

- 3 straight at home ^ is what the lakers are gunning for

Boston in 6.

Damn, some of ya'll only giving the Celtics one game? WOW.

Most Lakers fans here in the Chi that I've encountered tend to be over the top. Sounding just like a lot of you dudes on NT.
laugh.gif

The funny thing is that 85% of heads throwing back to the 80's aren't even old enough to remember that !%$*.

This is a whole new era. I'm going with the Lakers in 7. It will boil down to who has the best player in the L. Kobe is that guy.

$tern just NUTTED in his pants
laugh.gif
. I called this %%$! back when Gasol got traded. I HOPE the Celtics can take this but I just don't know. They have notbeen anywhere as dominant at the Lakers thus far and that is why I think the Lakers will take this. Ray Allen is a huge key for the Celtics though. IMO, if heis on and has a strong series, the Celtics will take this. If not, then the Lakers will.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

people are callin 5 cause they expect the lakes to steal one in boston and then to win 3 straight at home, games 3-4-5, im pretty sure the lakers have yet to lose at home in the playoffs

this wanksta begs to differ

pierceqn8.jpg

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

people are callin 5 cause they expect the lakes to steal one in boston and then to win 3 straight at home, games 3-4-5, im pretty sure the lakers have yet to lose at home in the playoffs

this wanksta begs to differ

pierceqn8.jpg

hopefully by boston's first home game next year - those fingers will still be empty

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

laugh.gif
. I called this %%$! back when Gasol got traded. I HOPE the Celtics can take this but I just don't know. They have not been anywhere as dominant at the Lakers thus far and that is why I think the Lakers will take this. Ray Allen is a huge key for the Celtics though. IMO, if he is on and has a strong series, the Celtics will take this. If not, then the Lakers will.

in the 4 wins versus the spurs, 3 of those could have went the spurs way.... consider they blew a 20 point lead in game 1 and 17 point lead in game 5 andhad the no-call in game 4. in the series versus the pistons, all 4 wins, celtics dominated. so it is pretty even in terms of momentum if you consider onlylooking at the most recent games played.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

laugh.gif
. I called this %%$! back when Gasol got traded. I HOPE the Celtics can take this but I just don't know. They have not been anywhere as dominant at the Lakers thus far and that is why I think the Lakers will take this. Ray Allen is a huge key for the Celtics though. IMO, if he is on and has a strong series, the Celtics will take this. If not, then the Lakers will.

in the 4 wins versus the spurs, 3 of those could have went the spurs way.... consider they blew a 20 point lead in game 1 and 17 point lead in game 5 and had the no-call in game 4. in the series versus the pistons, all 4 wins, celtics dominated. so it is pretty even in terms of momentum if you consider only looking at the most recent games played.
That is true. I'm just hoping it's a good series with Boston pulling it out
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

in the 4 wins versus the spurs, 3 of those could have went the spurs way.... consider they blew a 20 point lead in game 1 and 17 point lead in game 5 and had the no-call in game 4. in the series versus the pistons, all 4 wins, celtics dominated. so it is pretty even in terms of momentum if you consider only looking at the most recent games played.

to be fair, the spurs were the defending champions and the pistons are ECF residents.

This is going to be a great series, but if the Lakers can continue to win @ home and steal away games.. Kobe and company might have it in 6.

if Doc pulls this off I give him props - Boston is running on talent as far as this point ...I don't think Doc Rivers belongs in that company below ----more with the others on the short end of the stick.

ex.
Pops Mike Brown

Riley Avery Johnson

and in the past 20 yrs since Boston and LA met in 87-88 only 6 coaches have led their team to titles...

Pat Riley
Chuck Daly
Phil Jackson
Rudy T **
Gregg Popovich
Larry Brown

those on the short end who never have won a title as head coach...

Rick Adelman
Mike Dunleavy
Paul Westpahl
Brian Hill
George Karl
Jerry Sloan
Van Gundy
Larry Bird
Byron Scott
Avery Johnson
Mike Brown

plus if Phil Jackson gets this one, he truly deserves to be ahead of Red Auerbach with 10 titles....

laugh.gif
purpleRElGN wrote:

laugh.gif

to be fair, the spurs were the defending champions and the pistons are ECF residents.

But the Spurs were also slow, old and offensively anemic and shouldn't have even made it past New Orleans. Not a knock on what the Lakersaccomplished, but the Lakers can't continue those trends with Boston and expect the same results.

You right on with that Pistons comment though.
laugh.gif

Ray may have sucked during the playoffs, but he always has good games against the Lakers. Both him and Pierce always manage to score 30 + against Lakerdefense so I'm worried about those 2.

I think this series will be the best out of the two that were possible. The Celts will lose game one at home and win game two, then drop three straight on theroad n LA. The celts on the road are just not good enough. Don't be confused, this Lakers team is not the Lakers team that we saw earlier in the year. Theyare going to come to rip the hearts out of the Celtics and make no mistake about it Kobe is an animal and he will make sure his team is ready to feed!

Rondo can't hold a candle to any of the PG's the Lakers have faced thus far. Paul Pierce will not be as effective as he has been, KG I think has themost potential to go off and he will. All the Lakers have to do is NOT double team off of the perimeter shooters and they will be fine. It has already beenproven that we can play games in the 90's and we know we can score.

The ONLY THING I worry about is the refs not making calls evenly. If the games are officiated right, the Lakers should not have too many problems.

I hope that the Lakers DO NOT THINK THE WAY I THINK, they better be ready to duke it out. They better come hard because if they pull another stunt like theydid against Detroit they will lose!

With that said Kobe KNOWS, he is ready and [Jay] He will not lose [Jay]

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

laugh.gif
purpleRElGN wrote:

laugh.gif

But the Spurs were also slow, old and offensively anemic and shouldn't have even made it past New Orleans. Not a knock on what the Lakers accomplished, but the Lakers can't continue those trends with Boston and expect the same results.

You right on with that Pistons comment though.
laugh.gif

pistons were battered, fractured, and unfocused as usual. the lakers already faced 3 of the top 5 PG's in the league and just got dominated about asbadly as you can be at the 4. rondo and KG should be a breath of fresh air after that
laugh.gif

"to put it in persepctive, the Lakers, in one of the toughest conferences in the history of the league, have lost as many games in theplayoffs as the Celtics did to the Hawks."

nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom