*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

It was
pimp.gif
how he came back becuase it got everyone fired up. IDC if he faked it.

Yeah it worked...lets see you doing for three more wins.

--Good win by the Celtics. I really wanted the Lakers to take Game 1 though...oh well.
--I underestimated the Celts' team defense. I thought the Lakers could win in 6...but I will have to reverse it to Celts in 5 or 6 at thisjunction...things can still change after Game 2 though.
--Kobe can't be settling for those jumshots. Smh.
--Nonetheless...GO LAKERS!!

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Everyone on here acts like they would not have been hurt at all.
laugh.gif

It was
pimp.gif

Well, of course, if you're main dude leaves the court being carried off and shown in a wheel chair, and then comes back fired up like nothing everhappened, I'm sure as a fan you'd be fired up too. Seriously, that return was on some WWE type of crap.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Everyone on here acts like they would not have been hurt at all.
laugh.gif

It was
pimp.gif

Well, of course, if you're main dude leaves the court being carried off and shown in a wheel chair, and then comes back fired up like nothing ever happened, I'm sure as a fan you'd be fired up too. Seriously, that return was on some WWE type of crap.

roll.gif

The way he skipped in. The announcers were going crazy. All the fans.

Then he started going on the bike and he was in the stands. All of the fans were next to him cheering him on.

Both had me dying.
laugh.gif

i think the laker fans are just haters thats all. they will come up with any excuse possible when they lose. pierce prolly had a sprained mcl or whatever. wewill see when the reports come out. lakers got good to decent games from all the supporting cast. they just got beat and some people here have to stop beingbabies, take the loss, and move on to game 2

my friends have already coined the term "pulling a paul pierce" when someone fakes an injury
laugh.gif

but yeah, props to paul for stepping up injury or no injury.

Man i thought dude was DONE... i thought Cassell killed us, the moment KG saved it to PJ and Cassell hit the J with 2 seconds left
smh.gif
i knew the tide hadturned for good
smh.gif
to Kobe for taking VERY weak shots in the 4th... i know he'll be better game 2
I guarantee there bench doesnt play that well in another game this series...really flukish

Originally Posted by 531

Paul Pierce is a big @%@!*. Dude was making faces like he got shot after every foul.
laugh.gif

I like Kobe, honestly, but Kobe is in the top 5 crying to get a foul, everytime.

Everytime he drives the lane, dude screams bloody murder. Word to Juelz. "Ayeeeeeeee!!!!!!"

I still can't believe how some Lakers fans are so naive to the whole Paul Pierce injury.

Just like how some think Stern is 'fixing' this series, are the same ones that think Paul Pierce, while on the ground, thought to himself, hey, let melay here for awhile, get helped onto a wheelchair by my teammates, go back into the locker room, wait a few minutes, come back onto the floor, and make myselflook like Reed out here. Let me do that, to rally the troops, hype up the crowd, and basically assure myself an acting gig in tinseltown after I retire. Anact, I shall put on!!!

First off, dude hurt his knee.

The severity of the injury is unknown.

So, they brought out the wheelchair, and had his teammates help him onto it, because a, he's their leader, and b, they don't want to put any pressureon his knee, as again, they don't know the severity of the injury.

He gets brought back to the locker room, and Michelle reported that PP wanted to stand up, and see if he could put some weight on it. They wouldn't lethim, and made him get wheelchaired back to the locker room.

They determined it was a sprain, dude could put weight on it, and he rode adrenneline back onto the court.

(He was riding the bike when he wasn't on the court to keep his knee loose as well)

It is what it is.

It's not that hard to figure out.

indifferent.gif
@ some Lakers fans blaming the refs, and talking mess about thePP injury, which in hindsight, really is irrelevent.

Little do some fans forget that in the 4th, the Lakers went through a stretch of missing 7 straight shots. AND THEY WERE STILL IN IT. And then finally LOdrove it to the hoop, and if there was a conspiracy theory, he could have easily been called for a charge, as, PJ Brown was clearly out of the half circle. Nope, And 1.

Some Lakers fans should really be worried about whether the Celtics defense is actually as good as advertised, and that's the reason why they couldn'tscore in the 4th quarter, or is it because the Lakers just had an off quarter, and they'll bounce back next game.

They should be worried about the lack of ball movement, Kobe looking like the 'game is on my shoulders, I need to shoot my team back into this game,'instead of MVP Kobe, and why did Sasha have more shots in the 4th than Gasol, the #2 guy.

What they should be worried about is Game 2.

Lose Game 2, and I'll call it a wrap for the Lakers.

Boston up 2-0 going back to LA, and all the Celtics have to do is win 1 out of 3 to guarantee themselves the series shifts back to Boston, where all they haveto do is split (they're a good home team) to get themselves a chip.

There's a lot of things to REALLY think about, other then did the refs screw us, and whether or not PP put on an Academy Award performance.
laugh.gif

tired.gif

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

The Lakers should never leave Gasol on Garnett again.

Dude got flat-out abused.

Really? I seem to remember a stretch in the 3rd and 4th quarters where KG missed like 10 shots in a row, and Gasol was guarding him during this time. Thiswas forgotten after the monster putback slam that sealed the Celtics victory.

But I'm just curious, which Laker would you put on Garnett to block his jumpshots, the release of which happens over 10 feet in the air? You couldn'tpick a player in the league to consistently contest Garnett's jumpshots.. except Garnett himself.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

The Lakers should never leave Gasol on Garnett again.

Dude got flat-out abused.

Really? I seem to remember a stretch in the 3rd and 4th quarters where KG missed like 10 shots in a row, and Gasol was guarding him during this time. This was forgotten after the monster putback slam that sealed the Celtics victory.

But I'm just curious, which Laker would you put on Garnett to block his jumpshots, the release of which happens over 10 feet in the air? You couldn't pick a player in the league to consistently contest Garnett's jumpshots.. except Garnett himself.

Garnett is going to get his regardless who you throw at him.
Some Lakers fans should really be worried about whether the Celtics defense is actually as good as advertised, and that's the reason why they couldn't score in the 4th quarter, or is it because the Lakers just had an off quarter, and they'll bounce back next game.
It's a combination of both. The Celtics defense came up when it really mattered in those last 3-4 minutes. A lot of those shots in the 4thquarter rimmed in and out, which was pretty much the entire game. I gotta give it up to Posey though, he made Kobe work and forced him to take horrible shots.SMH at Kobe.
It's going to be a slug fest though. This series is far from over. So you can't count the Lakers out yet after one game.

Boy the lakers playd horrible the entire game imo.... I dnt lik kobe takin 7 to 10 shots n the 1st qtr alone...I mean if he's 6 or 7 for 10 then its okbcuz he's gettn easy shots...but havin him go 2 for 10 we can't win that way....game 2 we gotta rebound better n stay out of the penalty late n thegame

Really? I seem to remember a stretch in the 3rd and 4th quarters where KG missed like 10 shots in a row, and Gasol was guarding him during this time. This was forgotten after the monster putback slam that sealed the Celtics victory.
exactly, dude had a monster first half and was hitting some tough shots. The second half he took the same type of shots and they werent falling. Pau played pretty good d he just needs to get his **% under the hoop and rebound.

We had a like 2 minute stretch in the fourth where it looked like we werent even trying and our shots definately werent falling in that second half. Honestly,if we take game two then I think we have a very strong chance of winning this series with the finals format.

Phil Jackson as coach with the Bulls after loosing game 1 in the NBA Finals:

Bulls LOST game 1 in the 1991 NBA Finals and continued to win four straight to beat the Lakers in 5 games.

Bulls LOST game 1 in the 1998 NBA Finals and made the necessary adjustment to then beat Utah in 6 games.

Phil Jackson as coach with the Lakers after loosing game 1 in the NBA Finals:

Lakers LOST game 1 in the 2001 NBA Finals and continued to win four straight to beat the Sixers in 5 games.

Lakers LOST game 1 in the 2004 NBA Finals and lost the series in 5 games to the Pistons.

Lakers LOST game 1 in the 2008 NBA Finals and ???

Man, some of you sound like you've never picked up a basketball. Hyperextending anything hurts like a #+*$+, especially the knee. Almost all your weightcomes down on your knees, and lets remember, Pierce aint no skinny dude. I'm not saying the comeback wasnt played up cause they obviously wanted a WillisReed effect , but A. I bet that hurt like hell at first and B. (and I know its not always right to flip situations to another player) do you think if Kobe gohurt in any similar fashion that Phil, the trainers, and the team would let him get up? Hell if that happened and I was the Phil i'd have a stretcher forhim to avoid any more injury.

kobe is going to go back to his "i dont trust my team" again. its the finals he knows he has to pull this out and the mindset is whats going to killthe lakers. the true kobe will come out soon.

Man, some of you sound like you've never picked up a basketball. Hyperextending anything hurts like a #+*$+, especially the knee. Almost all your weight comes down on your knees, and lets remember, Pierce aint no skinny dude. I'm not saying the comeback wasnt played up cause they obviously wanted a Willis Reed effect , but A. I bet that hurt like hell at first and B. (and I know its not always right to flip situations to another player) do you think if Kobe go hurt in any similar fashion that Phil, the trainers, and the team would let him get up? Hell if that happened and I was the Phil i'd have a stretcher for him to avoid any more injury.
no, our medical staff blows. They probably would have asked him how many fingers they are holding up
laugh.gif

i remember drew getting carried off the court after a similar fall, but he didn't return like lazarus. after seeing it again, the whole situation is justcomical, Blood34 just coming out skipping after his legs were just cut on some chainsaw massacre tip. i take back what i said about losing respect for him,he's still aight in my book, but he damn sure pulled a fast one on me, i was hoodwinked, bamboozled, damn you Truth
laugh.gif

You all need to respect the celtics, they won the finals when beating detroit.... everybody in here is making fun of pierce because of his faces after everyshot, but yet to forget all of the faces kobe made after every shot he took.

BEAT LA

Originally Posted by SIR KYLE

Lakers LOST game 1 in the 2004 NBA Finals and lost the series in 5 games to the Pistons.
the lakers won game one...thats why they called it a 5game sweep

No dude, the lost game one and won game 2 in OT.

Originally Posted by BrotiPoo

Phil Jackson as coach with the Bulls after loosing game 1 in the NBA Finals:

Bulls LOST game 1 in the 1991 NBA Finals and continued to win four straight to beat the Lakers in 5 games.

Bulls LOST game 1 in the 1998 NBA Finals and made the necessary adjustment to then beat Utah in 6 games.

Phil Jackson as coach with the Lakers after loosing game 1 in the NBA Finals:

Lakers LOST game 1 in the 2001 NBA Finals and continued to win four straight to beat the Sixers in 5 games.

Lakers LOST game 1 in the 2008 NBA Finals and ???
2001- No one could stop AI
pimp.gif
and if not for him the Sixers wouldhave been swept.
2004- Gary Payton and Karl Malone looked old....
ohwell.gif
which made it easyfor the Pistons

This series is far from over.... I expect the Lakers to come out more focused than last night and play for 4 quarters on Sunday.... they didnt look good inlater part of the third and all of the forth quarter....

If KG is gonna dominate Gasol/Odom and Jesus Shuttleworth continues to hit shots.... Lakeshow is in trouble...

Back
Top Bottom