*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

Some of guys need to calm down. For real.
laugh.gif

It's game one (1).

Originally Posted by tupac003

We cannot complain about the refs.

Just can't do it.

You want to know why we lost? We got out rebounded. I didn't understand why everybody picked the lakers to win. We can't grab a damn rebound. If we had grabbed a couple of rebounds we would have been ok. I don't know what the second chance points were but they had to have killed us.

You want to know another reason why we lost? We got away from the pick and roll. When kobe and pau were running that pick and roll, the celtics really had trouble stopping it. Kobe is our MVP but he may have shot us out of this game.

Another reason why we lost...Look at how we shot in the 4th. They play GOOD DAMN D on us and we shot horrible. 5-20? That's just not going to get it done.

I don't want to hear crap about the refs.. but I know no matter what laker fans will blame the ref's.
tired.gif

I am sorry guys I can't co-sign that. We had our chances and we didn't do it. But hey....

ITS GAME FREAKING ONE! Yeah I know phil's record when he wins the first game but hey it didn't happen.

Laker nation don't get down. We were going to lose one game one. Now we have to go back and we have to steal game 2.

So please laker fans... I beg of you. Don't blame the ref's. We just played a horrible second half and kobe had a horrible night.
That's the realest %*#$ I've read in here. Everything was the truth. And yeah, it's ONLY GAME ONE, so everyones got to chill.

dude saying he hopes house's kid gets hit by a car isn't a real fan
you making the real fans look bad with your saltiness

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Pau not boxing out again, well on to game 2, hopefully kobe finds his stroke, but i don't even know if that will overcome the refs

Just make excuses for the lack of execution your team had. No Rhythm in the 4th quarter.

I think the knowledgeable Lakers fans know it was no one elses fault but the players. Some bad turnovers. Missed shots.

It will happen to Boston too.

celtics got all the momentum calls
5 at least, you wouldnt have even gotten the lead with that cause your team is soft

I agree we did get more calls then you. But some of you act like you lost becuase of it. It just seemed like so many dumb passes were made and bad turnovers.

laugh.gif
were soft? PJ BROWN WORKED YOU. Pau Gasol? I am not saying were the toughest team, but GTFOHWTBS.

5-20 shooting. Kobe didn't attempt much.

I thought our defense was pretty good.

I mean mentally soft. Had calls gone against your team, they would have put their legs between their tails. Just look at the first quarter when the lakerswere playing well and the celtics were all soft and with no energy. Once the calls started=instant energy/motivation/crowdgetting into it/ early penalty

The Lakers frontline is soft but does your team really need that much help to win? Disgusting

My favorite part of this thread?

If the Lakers had won, ALL we would be hearing about would be that the calls were all for the Lakers. All we'd hear would be that Fisher flopped, Sashaflopped, Kobe whined, and the refs fell for all of it.

So my favorite part of this thread is all of you acting like you wouldn't be hating Laker fans anyways, whether we won OR lost.

I know better.
wink.gif

The game?

- Hey, Kobe forced things the last 3 quarters, in my opinion.
- And we didn't play through the emotion of having Paul 'Reed' Pierce fight through his DISASTROUS injury that caused him to get WHEELCHAIREDOUT... but allowed him to still SKIP BACK TO THE BENCH.
- Gasol is type: soft.

Change those things, and we win. Kobe doesn't force jumpers, we still get buckets even through Paul 'Ali' Pierce getting buckets in the 3rdquarter, and Gasol actually fights for a rebound or bucket, and we win.

Good game, Celtics.

See ya Sunday, Celtic fans.

What made the biggest difference was that the Lakers just couldn't hit their shots down the stretch. There were so many shots for them that just went in and out especially in the 4th. That had the biggest impact more than anything to me.
exactly. Everytime we had a chance to get back into the game we put up a shot the rimmed out and the Celtics capitalized on the other end. Wejust need to knock down easy shots and we should be good.

+#* was a deal with Kobe. Dude went retro 06 tonight taking stupid $*% shots and not involving teammates

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by Walkin Memorial

Now the media is gonna slurp Pierce for coming back from his "injury" and getting the game 1 win.

that was a hard injury. dude came back and play strong. no need to downplay it. if it was kobe, y'all would say he's the bravest dude on earth. get over it. both teams still have a lot more games to play. 1 game doesn't decide a series.

laugh.gif
That was a wack female dog fake-out that only the media and punk come-out from under the rocks Boston fans would fall for.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Like Paul Pierce cares about that.

It's clear as day that PP went down hard, and wanted to come back because dude has been in the L for so long, on the same team for so long, he wasn'tabout to sit out Game 1 of his first trip to the Finals unless he absolutely had to.

indifferent.gif

Just can't do it.

You want to know why we lost? We got out rebounded. I didn't understand why everybody picked the lakers to win. We can't grab a damn rebound. If we had grabbed a couple of rebounds we would have been ok. I don't know what the second chance points were but they had to have killed us.

You want to know another reason why we lost? We got away from the pick and roll. When kobe and pau were running that pick and roll, the celtics really had trouble stopping it. Kobe is our MVP but he may have shot us out of this game.

Another reason why we lost...Look at how we shot in the 4th. They play GOOD DAMN D on us and we shot horrible. 5-20? That's just not going to get it done.

I don't want to hear crap about the refs.. but I know no matter what laker fans will blame the ref's.
tired.gif

I am sorry guys I can't co-sign that. We had our chances and we didn't do it. But hey....

ITS GAME FREAKING ONE! Yeah I know phil's record when he wins the first game but hey it didn't happen.

Laker nation don't get down. We were going to lose one game one. Now we have to go back and we have to steal game 2.

So please laker fans... I beg of you. Don't blame the ref's. We just played a horrible second half and kobe had a horrible night.

And stop talking about PP. Hell if we would have won yall wouldn't be talking any mess about him.
Great post
pimp.gif
, respect.
Lakers are in no way in panic mode at all....they were in this game and could have won but they just didn't play well down the stretch offensively.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by Walkin Memorial

Now the media is gonna slurp Pierce for coming back from his "injury" and getting the game 1 win.

that was a hard injury. dude came back and play strong. no need to downplay it. if it was kobe, y'all would say he's the bravest dude on earth. get over it. both teams still have a lot more games to play. 1 game doesn't decide a series.

laugh.gif
That was a wack female dog fake-out that only the media and punk come-out from under the rocks Boston fans would fall for.

did he not play well? why aren't you laker fans complaining that you let pp 70% from the field and got 22 pts on just 10 shots instead of worryingabout if he exaggerated an injury. dude was mad efficient and was the most efficient player on the floor.

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Just can't do it.

tired.gif

That's the realest %*#$ I've read in here. Everything was the truth. And yeah, it's ONLY GAME ONE, so everyones got to chill.

laugh.gif
I just love when Northern Cali fans come to share some unbiasedviews on the Lakers.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

relax - Laker fans. you'd obviously feel better the Lakers notched the first, game, but as long as they win the next game - they're in the drivers seat. Missed FTs, not boxing out, PJ Brown - one and done, missed shots. The Lakers played poorly, Kobe's shot was off, but they were still close the whole game - they didn't get blown out. They'll learn from this one.
Vlad is a liability - Phil should definitely look to use Ariza.
My thoughts exactly we didnt play well at all and they played out there minds even cassel was knocking down shots. All that aside minor adjustments andI think we will be fine doc rivers cant out caoch phil

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

I always laugh when nyc buc ALWAYS shows up when the Kobe plays bad and the lakers lose.

so you didn't see me post in other series when kobe was ballin' and i was marveling in his greatness?
roll.gif
i thought so
grin.gif

oh i'm going to try and explain it to the ones on here that do not understand most of the Laker and even some non-laker fans beefs with the refs. Therewere a lot of ticky tack plays on both ends tonight that could have been fouls or not, BUT seemingly ALMOST ALL of those "fouls" were called on LA,while the same %%!% wasn't called on Boston. Can you people who really watched the game at least agree with that, or is your Laker/Kobe hate blinding you?It's really funny how all yall complain about Laker fans complaining and %%!%, but if it was your team in that situation, you know it would have irked youthe wrong way.

Just can't do it.

tired.gif

Tupac, the only rational Laker fan on this board. The rest of y'all ready to put out hits on the refs and EddieHouse's son.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Bottom line, the Lakers shooting 5-20 in the 4th and Kobe going 9-26 for the game didn't help your cause.

Good game though, hopefully this is a long series.

We took really bad shots in the second half and I don't give credit to the Celtics' defense. We just didn't take good shots.

We've lost Game 1 before and won the next four. I'm not shaken up by this game.

What did House's son do?

I won't complain about the refs ever or hate on Lakers fans unless they say stupid %$%% like some of them are now.

- And we didn't play through the emotion of having Paul 'Reed' Pierce fight through his DISASTROUS injury that caused him to get WHEELCHAIRED OUT... but allowed him to still SKIP BACK TO THE BENCH.
eyes.gif

He said he heard his knee pop.

They didn't know the severity of the injury.

It's game ONE of the Finals, so they took the proper precautions. Why wouldn't they? So, they brought out the wheel chair to bring him back to thelocker room to get evaluated.

It was a sprain, and dude came back.

I don't see the big deal.

Back
Top Bottom