*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

the PGA tour:
MY favorite part about this thread, is Ska getting away with chastising the Laker haters. All the blanket statements about you guys complaining, are very valid. In fact, Ska was whining just as bad as anyone.

No disrespect intended, just thought I'd share.
A blanket statement applies to everyone.

Example: all living people have a beating heart

There is NO one that can say 'Hey, that doesn't apply to me! I'm alive, but I don't have a beating heart!'

Not all Laker fans are complaining.

So... no, the blanket statements about Laker fans complaining are NOT valid.

Nice try, though.

P.S. Are you a new fan of mine now? Or was that reply just a one-time deal?

P.P.S. My favorite part of this thread? Me talking trash respectfully, just like most others, not calling anyone out, not saying anything outlandish orcrude... just talking trash, but some dude wants to come through and call it 'chastising'. Oh, but all of the trash talking made by OTHERS, that'snot chastising at all.
laugh.gif
JUST the trash talking by me; that'schastising. Li
laugh.gif
e I'm expected to just go 'Ooooh, that was avery good play right there. Pierce is a certified role model. And those people saying the Laker fans are whining, well... they're absolutely right.It's obvious that every single Laker fan is whining. What an astute observation. Good replies, everyone, good replies indeed!'
roll.gif
Let me talk trash, guy.
wink.gif

It's one game Boston won at home, Lakers need to come back and win game two so they can go home and play well. Boston will need to win game two if they want to win the Finals.
Lakers HAVE to win Game 2, IMO.

My look at it is, if the Celtics win Game 2, the series goes back to LA for 3 games, with Boston is up 2-0.

All Boston has to do is win one game out of three in LA, then the series shifts back to Boston, where all they have to do is split to win the chip. Thistaking into account how good they are at home.

I don't see how LA wins this if they lose Game 2.

kobe will be worn out at this rate

pau and lamar need to step up

i barely heard their names while watching and listening

The more I watch the 10,000 highlights of P.J. Brown, the more I forget how much I didn't like him when he was playing for the Heat. A few more hours ofESPN and I'll buy his jersey.

Great play from the big man.

when you are realistic about things, its not hard to swallow the truth... no D = no chip

my prediction still stands as celtics in 5

i just have to say though...

roll.gif
@ pierce being carried off by 4 guys.. that was the most fruity thing ihave ever saw.... then to be put in a wheel chair? and then hopping out of the tunnel like he was miraclously healed??
roll.gif
very karamo... you know dude wasnt seriously hurt

As much hate as the laker fans are getting in here....

There are some people (won't name names because I don't really feel like getting into a typing war right now)

But yall are making some of the same typical delusional responses as some of my fellow laker fans.

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

franchise3 why even respond anymore man u been here long enough to no the deal
laugh.gif
Word
laugh.gif

You and Acid need to stop trying
laugh.gif

Anyway, I'm curious to see the adjustments Phil Jackson makes in game 2, should be fun

this will end swiftly and quickly....sorry folks

CELTICS will regain wat is rightfully theirs.........

im sorry but i couldnt watch the whole game......there were some absolute terrible calls
momentum breaking calls... i thought we never got into a good rythm the whole game.

but on a good note, its game 1 and boston, was suppose to win game 1....game 2 is the trap for them....if they lose and have to play in LA 3 straight games,they gonna be in trouble.

Celts fan here.

Kobe played a better game than the box score suggested; he did a good job getting his teammates involved, and he probably passed up a few too many shots.

Ray Allen: 19, 8, 5 a steal and a block. Not a bad game considering his shooting was less-than-stellar.

Lakers had an off-night, the Celtics will need to step it up if they want to win at LA.

Pau Gasol played a good game...he needs to be more assertive though. Lamar and of course Kobe look for their own shot, he seems to be mostly cleaning up on theboards and getting easy looks from Kobe. He could give the Celtics a tought time on the offensive end.

About the calls: Aside from Gasol's block they called a foul, the officiating wasn't nearly as bad as its been so far in the playoffs. Overall thecalls seemed to go Boston's way...with a couple fouls and a couple bad out of bounds calls where it was Boston ball after the Celtics clearly had the lasttouch.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Lakers in 5.

eek.gif
smile.gif
I still hope so.

Such a typical delusional response by a Laker fan.

laugh.gif
Coming from a Knicks fan. I called Lakers in 5 if we could wingame 1. It would give us momentum, but now this is going to be a bar-fight of a series if Lakers are going to win. I'll let you go back to your patheticKnicks now, thanks for chiming in though.
indifferent.gif

Gotta love the elite laker fans on here as well. The "I've never made a delusional response on a laker game ever" type fans.

Originally Posted by Odeezy23

this will end swiftly and quickly....sorry folks

CELTICS will regain wat is rightfully theirs.........

...through the efforts of kevin mchale and danny ainge.
this is far from over. lakers just gotta get 1 in boston and remain undefeated in the playoffsat home.

I'm not a fan of this dude Sasha really, but this dude was blanketing Ray for the most part, from what I saw.

Ray had a tough time getting seperation/holding onto the ball too long dribbling.

Old legs vs young legs, or is Sasha that good a defender?

Originally Posted by franchise3

I'm not a fan of this dude Sasha really, but this dude was blanketing Ray for the most part, from what I saw.

Ray had a tough time getting seperation/holding onto the ball too long dribbling.

Old legs vs young legs, or is Sasha that good a defender?
The young legs do help.

Sasha is a pretty good defender...but it does help if you guard kobe in practice everyday for 3 years.

Like I said, no disrespect. I expect the trash talking. I just thought it was kinda ironic that you get so offended at people taking shots at Laker fans forthings that you, a Laker fan, do. But I do realize that not ALL laker fans are like that. So I guess you're right, blanket statements are indeed uncalledfor.
smile.gif

Anyways, back to the game.

That was seriously one of the most enjoyable games I've ever seen. What a way to start the Finals.
pimp.gif

Talk in this forum does not win or lose games, so will keep it short.

We lost the first game.

Adjustments will be made.

It is our series to lose. So long as adjustments are made in the game plan and the front court and Kobe play harder, we could reel off the next four.

We will see what and how those adjustments manifest themselves in Game 2.

Back
Top Bottom