[| -- The Official 2009 9th Annual BET AWARDS Thread: Sunday June 28th 8PM EST -- |]

DYNAMICS

formerly diplomat tdot
LINK

2009 BET Awards Pre-Show & Red Carpet - 6PM EST
2009 BET Awards - 8PM EST

LIVE from Los Angeles

Hosted By: Jamie Foxx

2hgsdw4.jpg

Performances By:

Beyonce
Jay-Z
Monica
Keyshia Cole
Fabolous
Ne-Yo
Soulja Boy
Mary Mary *
Maxwell

+ more.

* = Mandatory 1 Gospel Performance per BET Awards Show.

Honorees:

The Lifetime Achievement Award: The O'Jays
The Humanitarian Award: Alicia Keys & Wyclef Jean

Award Nominees:

LINK

- Best Female R&B Artist
- Best Male R&B Artist
- Viewers' Choice
- Best Collaboration
- Best Group
- Best Male Hip Hop Artist
- Best Female Hip Hop Artist
- Best New Artist
- Best Gospel Artist
- Best Actor
- Best Actress
- Male Athlete Of the Year
- Female Athlete Of The Year
- Centric Award
- Video Director Of the Year
- Video Of The Year

BET Awards '09 - 8:00-11:30 p.m. - The BET AWARDS '09 will honor Jackson throughout the show with special tribute performances and other moving moments in remembrance of the King of Pop. (Encore presentations: Tuesday, June 30 from 6:30-10:00 p.m., Thursday, July 2 from 8:00-11:30 p.m. and Monday, July 6 from 8:00-11:30 p.m.)

Hosted by Jamie Foxx, the BET Awards will feature performances by the host himself, Chris Brown, Kanye West, Beyoncé, Queen Latifah, Soulja Boy, Keri Hilson, T-Pain, Mary Mary, Ne-Yo, Maxwell, Fabolous, Keyshia Cole, Monica, Young Jeezy, Johnny Gill, King of Hearts, Three of a Kind, Three the Hard Way, Travis Barker, Trey Songz and Tyrese - with the most anticipated performance of all coming from cultural icon Jay-Z. Also be sure to catch Tyra Banks, Taraji P. Henderson, Idris Elba, Sherri Shepherd, Anthony Anderson, Paula Patton, The Real Housewives of Atlanta, Estelle, LeToya Luckett, Dr. Floyd Feelgood, Nichelle Nichols, Keke Palmer, Ray J, Snoop Dogg, Ving Rhames, Zoe Saldana and Marlon Wayans, who will all be making appearances. Alicia Keys and Wyclef Jean will be recognized with the 2009 BET Humanitarian Award, and The O'Jays will be honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award.

Visit BET.com for BET On Blast video highlights, photos and continuous BET AWARDS '09 updates at www.bet.com/betawards

http://www.bet.com/betawards

Oh during the Pre-Show/Red Carpet BET will be World Premiering Drake's "Best I Ever Had" Videodirected by Kanye West, Young Money will be one of the performers doing "EveryGirl" during the Pre-Show or Awards itself (unless D's injury is bad).

Originally Posted by JUSTBLAZE2k7

The MJ Tribute is going to be
pimp.gif
I hope they just do A video montage. Unless they have been planing it since the second they heard he passed, because he deserves a wellplanned/executed tribute.

pimp.gif
Without a doubt. Maybe Usher, Ne-Yo and Chris Brown? I hope it's gonna be a good tribute. BET DONT LET ME DOWN!

Originally Posted by amilli1210

pimp.gif
Without a doubt. Maybe Usher, Ne-Yo and Chris Brown? I hope it's gonna be a good tribute. BET DONT LET ME DOWN!
The BET Awards is always good. Sure it's gonna be last minute with the tribute stuff, but I know for sure everybody is gonna bring it.

pimp.gif

If Usher and Justin Timberlake ain't doing some sort of MJ tribute i'd be highly dissapointed. MJ birthed those cats careers. I could careless aboutChris Brown. I know he's going through his situation. Seems like it would be a great chance for him to get back positive in the light by doing a CB tributebut I fear cat would get boo'd off stage.
laugh.gif
But naw the real fear Igot is that the MJ death happened so late this weak that they're going to try to rush a tribute and its gonna be half assed.

Originally Posted by Nasty Mane23

Who Cares About This Weak #$% Award Show

I actually think its one of the more solid award shows. I don't really care about the awards but the entertainment value is high. Especially with Jamiehosting this year.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Why am I more excited to see Best I Ever Had than the actuall awards itself
I got a feeling this is going to be the Drake show. Don't know why. I just think the media is trying to force him on us and BET is gonna takea chance and continue the push.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

pimp.gif
But naw the real fear I got is that the MJ death happened so late this weak that they're going to try to rush a tribute and its gonna be half assed.
x2

Originally Posted by you big dummy

pimp.gif
But naw the real fear I got is that the MJ death happened so late this weak that they're going to try to rush a tribute and its gonna be half assed.
x2

I had hopes for the show since Foxx is hosting it but they going to OD with the MJ stuff

pimp.gif
Nope. If he's in the building with Rihanna, he goes to prison for six months. He has to skip the show.

Originally Posted by Nasty Mane23

Who Cares About This Weak #$% Award Show
It has its moments... I mean they actually brought the Fugees back, had the whole casts of Good Times and the Fresh Prince back on the stage,Alicia Keyes bringing out En Vogue, SWV, and TLC, Maxwell coming out of nowhere during Al Greens tribute, when MJ came out during James Brownstribute/performance, and the Touch It remix
smokin.gif
. Noone even cares about the actual awards, its just the moments and performances, plus Jaime Foxx should be comedy this year, and hope to see atribute to Michael.

Originally Posted by cquan05

Originally Posted by you big dummy

pimp.gif
x2

Originally Posted by McRaptor

pimp.gif
Hope they do him justice though but BET has had some pretty good tributes in the past

agreed.....but this one has to be exceptional
pimp.gif

they need to make sure this is not something that is rushed...they should have no problems getting acts to sign on for this tribute...Mike has influenced tomany RnB stars...

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

why are they having it on sunday this time?
Guessing they figured all the other Major Awards also happen on Sundays so why not join in.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

pimp.gif
Nope. If he's in the building with Rihanna, he goes to prison for six months. He has to skip the show. be 10 yards away from her.
fixed

Rhianna needs to stay at the crib then cause you cant have a new school tribute to Mike without CB. I dont think BET will let Brown do it tho

Back
Top Bottom