[| -- The Official 2009 9th Annual BET AWARDS Thread: Sunday June 28th 8PM EST -- |]

yeah dat chick in that spandex outfit was magical
pimp.gif

you know what the real shame of all of this is ..... that when the MTV awards come around or if they decide to do a stand alone tribute show ...... you justknow they're gonna kill it ..... you know they probably gonna bring out stevie wonder and a couple of the rock guys and have timberlake kill some MJ song....... whereas when you kept hearing about this huge number involving Chris Brown and some special guests .. guess what all we got was that ending with NeYo..... for all the talk of giving MJ a true black tribute it didn't come close to living up to the hype ...... I'm not saying the show was horribly bad..... It was good overall with some bad moments sprinkled in ( I really liked the OJays tribute, Beyonce's performance, Jaime's opening act, and DOA)..... But whereas i was expecting a celebration .... it was more like a (ol skool caribbean) wake ... I guess all the hype that went into it just reallllly letme down
What's really sad about all of this is chances are MTV is prolly gonna kill it .... I could already see Fall Out Boy doing their version of Beat Itbringing out EVH and John Mayer

Originally Posted by renkxedik

you know what the real shame of all of this is ..... that when the MTV awards come around or if they decide to do a stand alone tribute show ...... you just know they're gonna kill it ..... you know they probably gonna bring out stevie wonder and a couple of the rock guys and have timberlake kill some MJ song ....... whereas when you kept hearing about this huge number involving Chris Brown and some special guests .. guess what all we got was that ending with NeYo ..... for all the talk of giving MJ a true black tribute it didn't come close to living up to the hype ...... I'm not saying the show was horribly bad ..... It was good overall with some bad moments sprinkled in ( I really liked the OJays tribute, Beyonce's performance, Jaime's opening act, and DOA) ..... But whereas i was expecting a celebration .... it was more like a (ol skool caribbean) wake ... I guess all the hype that went into it just reallllly let me down
What's really sad about all of this is chances are MTV is prolly gonna kill it .... I could already see Fall Out Boy doing their version of Beat It bringing out EVH and John Mayer

Thats what I was saying... BET is gonna take this MASSIVE L....

WORST award show I've ever watched
laugh.gif

Whoever was in charge of that show should be fired. The camera angles/effects were terrible throughout...how are they gonna present an award without saying thenominees? they did that for what seemed like every award except best female artist.

Only highlights for me were Ne-Yo and Eddie LeVert cursing
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jpap348

WORST award show I've ever watched
laugh.gif

Whoever was in charge of that show should be fired. The camera angles/effects were terrible throughout...how are they gonna present an award without saying the nominees? they did that for what seemed like every award except best female artist.

Only highlights for me were Ne-Yo and Eddie LeVert cursing
laugh.gif

not really....for them having to change it up last min i'll say it was good...some iffy spots but every show has them

In BET defense they didnt have much time to plan for an MJ tribute...Mike died friday and the show aired sunday

They shoulda kept the show the same and just did a whole different show dedicated to Mike.

This _ Ving Rhames hahahahahajfdlsahfldsahf;ldsahf

I enjoyed the show, they did great with the time they had. Lots of comedic moments. I don't think it matters what BET did 98% of NT hates BET just for thesake of hating, so I understand the negativity in this thread.

Originally Posted by renkxedik

you know what the real shame of all of this is ..... that when the MTV awards come around or if they decide to do a stand alone tribute show ...... you just know they're gonna kill it ..... you know they probably gonna bring out stevie wonder and a couple of the rock guys and have timberlake kill some MJ song ....... whereas when you kept hearing about this huge number involving Chris Brown and some special guests .. guess what all we got was that ending with NeYo ..... for all the talk of giving MJ a true black tribute it didn't come close to living up to the hype ...... I'm not saying the show was horribly bad ..... It was good overall with some bad moments sprinkled in ( I really liked the OJays tribute, Beyonce's performance, Jaime's opening act, and DOA) ..... But whereas i was expecting a celebration .... it was more like a (ol skool caribbean) wake ... I guess all the hype that went into it just reallllly let me down
What's really sad about all of this is chances are MTV is prolly gonna kill it .... I could already see Fall Out Boy doing their version of Beat It bringing out EVH and John Mayer

exactly

Sooo Usher was @ the Dior fashion show in Paris last night............

Thought he was "rushing" back to LA?
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JCaliber31

I enjoyed the show, they did great with the time they had. Lots of comedic moments. I don't think it matters what BET did 98% of NT hates BET just for the sake of hating, so I understand the negativity in this thread.

Exactly, majority of dudes on NT dont even like BET and already had their minds made up about the award show before it even aired.

I personally have nothing against BET and i wasnt close-minded about the show at all and i enjoyed it. Now i'll admit that a couple of parts should havebeen removed and replaced( YM performance, Baby Boy Scene was too long) but to say it was the worst award show ever is absurd. The Ozone awards owns that title

laugh.gif
x
smh.gif
at the pack of teenage/pre-teen girls (waynes daughter?) on stageas these grown men proceeded to sing a song about how they would smash every girl in the world

and why even let them perform it if your gonna edit out WHOLE verses...i mean approve a clean version of have them do something else
nerd.gif

why drake have the full track behind him?

i missed the start but from what i did see B killlled em ...and Hov did his thing
pimp.gif

and why on earth would BET further contribute to the fall of "black" culture by giving Tiny and Toya a show?! My god...its hard to watch Tiny speakand wonder what in the world did T.I.P. see other than the money and chesticles. Toya? My goodness...gonna live off being a ++#%@ for the full 15 minutes.

laugh.gif
everytime there's a post for an awards show the majority of peopleare mad dissapointed saying its "the worst" one ever.....has there even been one most thought was good?

I actually thought this was one of the better ones I've seen in a minute, but it's safe to say I dont think one of these joints will ever be able tosatisfy everyone or even the majority of people.

Dudes are bugging saying this award show was wack.

I found it VERY good and entertaining. Can NEVER go wrong with my BOY Jamie hosting. Also did his thing at the end for I'll Be There.

And i read through this thread and everyone is hating on Keri's performance? Really? I thought she KILLED IT! The "bad" tribute was DOPE andher overall performance rocked to me. I mean, we ALL know she doesnt' have much of a voice but her performance was enjoyable.

Neyo was GREAT the whole night. KILLED his MJ tributes and the New Jack Swing movement was SICK!!!!

Baby Boy and Skank Robbers was COMEDY!!!!...My two boys MARTIN and Jamie REALLY need to get something crackin together.

Just saw the repeat of Young Money's Performance, like I thought originally they were doing the clean version whoever was responsible foe the edits kepthitting that button heavy when they hardly were cursing, glad they cut the "Every Girl" set after Drake's verse and cut out Birdman's set.

Originally Posted by dreClark

They shoulda kept the show the same and just did a whole different show dedicated to Mike.

That's what I said about halfway through the show.

The original airing was the best.

Back
Top Bottom