[| -- The Official 2009 9th Annual BET AWARDS Thread: Sunday June 28th 8PM EST -- |]

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

BET awards are the best awards shows ever. No sarcasm.

roll.gif
roll.gif

BET awards have been hot trash for the past few years

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

BET awards are the best awards shows ever. No sarcasm.
agree. The past few years have been kinda weak, but considering the state of the music it's understandable.
They've definitely been topping the VMA's lately though.
Hopefully it will be really special this Sunday.

BET Awards '09 - 8:00-11:30 p.m. - The BET AWARDS '09 will honor Jackson throughout the show with special tribute performances andother moving moments in remembrance of the King of Pop. (Encore presentations: Tuesday, June 30 from 6:30-10:00 p.m., Thursday, July 2 from 8:00-11:30 p.m. andMonday, July 6 from 8:00-11:30 p.m.)

Hosted by Jamie Foxx, the BET Awards will feature performances by the host himself, Chris Brown, Kanye West, Beyoncé, QueenLatifah, Soulja Boy, Keri Hilson, T-Pain, Mary Mary, Ne-Yo, Maxwell, Fabolous, Keyshia Cole, Monica, Young Jeezy, Johnny Gill, King of Hearts, Three of a Kind,Three the Hard Way, Travis Barker, Trey Songz and Tyrese - with the most anticipated performance of all coming from cultural icon Jay-Z. Also be sure to catchTyra Banks, Taraji P. Henderson, Idris Elba, Sherri Shepherd, Anthony Anderson, Paula Patton, The Real Housewives of Atlanta, Estelle, LeToya Luckett, Dr.Floyd Feelgood, Nichelle Nichols, Keke Palmer, Ray J, Snoop Dogg, Ving Rhames, Zoe Saldana and Marlon Wayans, who will all be making appearances. Alicia Keysand Wyclef Jean will be recognized with the 2009 BET Humanitarian Award, and The O'Jays will be honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award.

Visit BET.com for BET On Blast video highlights, photos and continuous BET AWARDS '09 updates at www.bet.com/betawards

Originally Posted by Hoosier Bad Boy 11

Originally Posted by DaBossA

Usher and Justin Timberlake were not going to attend the awards...But after MJ's death they will now be performing...

You already know the both of them are going to shut it down.
pimp.gif
JT is one of the most overrated artists in a while. He can't sing.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by Hoosier Bad Boy 11

Originally Posted by DaBossA

Usher and Justin Timberlake were not going to attend the awards...But after MJ's death they will now be performing...

You already know the both of them are going to shut it down.
pimp.gif
JT is one of the most overrated artists in a while. He can't sing.
As a singer? Maybe. But as an artist? His albums have been heat. His albums have exceeded my expectations. So I guess i'd have to ask youwhat did you expect? For him to be Michael Jackson pt.2?

laugh.gif
CNN will also be covering the BET Awards Red Carpet Live @ 6PM EST.

Man the nonsense they will see.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by The Fresh King

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

they better let CB on stage
He most likely will.
The timing for him to make an appearance to the public couldn't be better.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

The SAME thing I said when dude was on the chorus for the tribute song.

if there was any way dude could get the heat off of him, this is it.

I hope dude tears the building down tomorrow. CB, get em boy. Rep Mike to the fullest.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Originally Posted by The Fresh King

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

they better let CB on stage
He most likely will.
The timing for him to make an appearance to the public couldn't be better.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

The SAME thing I said when dude was on the chorus for the tribute song.

if there was any way dude could get the heat off of him, this is it.

I hope dude tears the building down tomorrow. CB, get em boy. Rep Mike to the fullest.
pimp.gif
yea good look by BET. I hope he wrecks it too

Man, F' all that Chris/Rihanna drama, this is about MJ...and BET would be plain crazy not to have this man be apart of the tribute...

Haven't seen this in a min, but I got chills watchin' it...

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

laugh.gif
CNN will also be covering the BET Awards Red Carpet Live @ 6PM EST.

Man the nonsense they will see.
smh.gif

I doubt it but maybe the artist will really dress up since CNN is going to do the red carpet.

last couple BET awards have been bad. But from 2006 prior, they have definitely been the best music awards show entertainment-wise.
Cannot wait to see all the tributes, and other heat.

Word the earlier ones were tough, it wasn't as professional as other awards shows, there were inside jokes, it had great tributes, performances, you hadcats dancing in their seats and in the aisles, %@#* even the celebs were into it, you had something for all eras and i loved every minute of it. It hasdeteriorated, alot has to do with the artists and current state of music though, their songs and performances are boring. Like i really don't wanna watchwayne perform on tv.

They takin a step in the right direction havin jamie foxx host, dude is funny. I think he will be able to balance the humor and fun and watnot so it doesntturn into a just a sad tribute show. Like somebody on here said if they celebrate his legacy like hes alive and not like he's dead then this will be themost entertaining award show in a long time. I pray BET dont *+*% up.

I wanna c someone kill the moonwalk MJ and have everybody goin crazy likes its him doin it all over again! CB or Usher please bring us a glimpse of what MJ do

My co-worker said Jamie has ONE joke that is so bad the person its about will want to swing on him...

Maybe about CB?

Back
Top Bottom