THE OFFICIAL 2015 FANTASY BASEBALL THREAD

I start both Evan Gattis and Chris Carter and they're both 0-for so far this season :smh:.

dropped elvis andrus for alcides escobar as my backup shortstop. maybe being a prisoner of the moment but i like how escobar has done this year so far.

dropped elvis andrus for alcides escobar as my backup shortstop. maybe being a prisoner of the moment but i like how escobar has done this year so far.
Good move IMO.  Not a fan of Andrus at all and now he's been moved down in the order.  I always regretted dropping Alcides last year while he was slumping a bit when my SS was Jean Segura and I was still waiting for him to come around
laugh.gif

I know it's early but I think I'm gonna drop Gattis for Avila. HR/RBI potential is there but dude is 0-15 with like 10 strikeouts so far :smh:. At least I know what I'm getting out of Avila.

Last edited:
Thanks for reminding me that my league is a keeper league :lol:. I'll definitely try dealing him.

Archie Bradley looked good tonight. Had some slight control issues at times, but really gutted out a great outing.

I'm considering selling high on Salvador Perez sometime soon, there's no way what he's doing right now is sustainable.

What should I be expecting/looking for in return?

I trade Edwin E.

I get back: David Wright and Mookie Betts.

Good trade?

I trade Edwin E.

Good trade?
Depends on need really, but I'm always a fan of getting the best player in the trade (Edwin right now).  If you're straight on 1B though it could pay off.  Not a horrible trade either way at this point in my opinion, but honestly I'm not big on Wright.  I do like Mookie though.  Without seeing the rest of your team I'd say stick with Edwin.

I trade Edwin E.

Good trade?

Depends on need really, but I'm always a fan of getting the best player in the trade (Edwin right now).  If you're straight on 1B though it could pay off.  Not a horrible trade either way at this point in my opinion, but honestly I'm not big on Wright.  I do like Mookie though.  Without seeing the rest of your team I'd say stick with Edwin.

Thanks man. Yeah I currently have Pearce, Lind and Morales at 1B..I was hurting a bit at 3B though.

Thanks man. Yeah I currently have Pearce, Lind and Morales at 1B..I was hurting a bit at 3B though.
Whew yeah I'd definitely try and trade one of them.  Maybe try and sell high on Lind?  Unless you already made the trade, in which case like I said before I think both sides have their strengths so not bad either way.

Who would you guys rather have going forward, Bradley or Carlos Martinez?

Who would you guys rather have going forward, Bradley or Carlos Martinez?
Tough one, but I'd say Martinez right now.  I'm still not completely sold on Bradley this year, but if I see a few more good outings out of him I think it'd be a little closer.  I'd try and roster both for now if possible though.

Last edited:
told y'all Shane Greene was the goods after the last start. if he's available he's a must own. should win 15 games this year and pitch around a 3.50 ERA. won't get many k's but he's as solid as it gets for a waiver wire pickup.

Archie Bradley, if you can grab him from the wire without giving up anyone of merit, do it.

Anthony DeSclafani, if he's on the wire and you dont need to drop anyone special, grab him ASAP.

Those 3 guys are probably your best waiver wire picks.

Jimmy Nelson as well.

Joe Kelly can be a decent waiver sleeper. Wanna see a little more of him though. Need to know if he's the goods or just caught the Yankees that was hungover from a 19 inning game and facing a knuckleballer for a good chunk of it. His velocity's been increasing each year, though, which is very interesting.

Last edited:
I have Martinez, Bradley and Greene :lol: so hopefully they develop into something good this season.

You should be in good shape papi long as those are your back end of the rotation guys. Each are capable of giving you 15-20+

I'm debating on dropping Brandon Morrow to make room for Werth off the DL. Have kept Werth stashed in the DL spot since I dont have anyone else to drop and wanna see what the deal is with Morrow. Thing with Morrow is, he's guaranteed to get hurt eventually, but when he's healthy, he can be electric.

Last edited:
Just picked up Brandon Morrow for a spot start tomorrow. Dropped Gyorko in the process because of the play Solarte is getting at 2B and I have Zobrist/Ramirez (CLE).

Last edited:
You should be in good shape papi long as those are your back end of the rotation guys. Each are capable of giving you 15-20+

I'm debating on dropping Brandon Morrow to make room for Werth off the DL. Have kept Werth stashed in the DL spot since I dont have anyone else to drop and wanna see what the deal is with Morrow. Thing with Morrow is, he's guaranteed to get hurt eventually, but when he's healthy, he can be electric.

Hmm you're right Morrow can be deadly when healthy. Peaked my interest a little this season. But I'd drop for Werth.

yeah eventually I'm gonna do it. i dont need werth to start at the moment so I'm fine keeping him in the dl slot. just biding my time till i need to do something.

Grab Adam Ottavino if he's still available and you need saves.  Despite Betancourt getting the save last night, he came in during the 8th and is getting worked right now.

David Wright is my only 3B and he pulled his hammy last night. His coach is calling it a "major problem". I'm thinking of picking up Jake Lamb to start in his place even though he's not an every day starter. Or should I go with Solarte?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom