The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
kind of seems like one of those conversations with someone, where they HAVE to be right at all times lol.

I mean, I had to literally explain that facts can only be after the fact

I can guess or speculate beforehand, give an opinion

but after it actually happens, I can speak in a factual manner

The 1st OL was drafted 20th overall (Garett Bolles). There was one worth drafting and we drafted Cam Robinson with the 2nd pick of the 2nd round.

Going into the season we didn't know Allen Robinson would get injured and miss the season.

Mitch was the 1st QB taken and again at that point Bortles overachieved despite having and rushing attack.

Regardless of the factors, Fournette was the best pick at the time.

Soooooo to answer my question...

I mean, I had to literally explain that facts can only be after the fact

I can guess or speculate beforehand, give an opinion

but after it actually happens, I can speak in a factual manner
But your speculating that Mahomes or Waston would have had the same success with Chris Ivory in the backfield, Allen Hurns and Marqise Lee as his top receivers.

But you were basing those facts as those picks or moves should have been done originally, when at the time, no one (not even you) knew any of the circumstances were going to happen with those teams. that’s exactly how you’ve presented everything, which is why I’ve been saying it’s easy for you to say AFTER the fact.

But your speculating that Mahomes or Waston would have had the same success with Chris Ivory in the backfield, Allen Hurns and Marqise Lee as his top receivers.

actually, i’m speculating that they would have been better picks than a RB who has been under 4 yards per carry 2 of his 3 years in the league

I don’t have to judge them by whatever success they have had in the league... the bar is a hell of a lot lower

Speculating by knowing what you know after it’s already happened isn’t hard or challenging to do.

Speculating by knowing what you know after it’s already happened isn’t hard or challenging to do.

of the 10 highest paid RBs for 2020, zeke is the only one on his 2nd contract with the team that drafted him

fournette still on his rookie deal has the 5th highest cap hit

After theyve performed on their respective teams. Stop twisting stuff.

The only performing guys do for any team prior to the draft is on their college teams and workouts and interviews

well I guess as is the case with that West Virginia safety that played in the xfl, he performed there too

You're completely right, who would you have drafted 4th overall in that draft? With no knowledge of the past 3 seasons.

I’m not looking at it that way. For drafts.

My strategy no matter what is to draft primary positions early. T, CB, Rush End, QB, C, NT (obviously pending on schemes). If the team isn’t good they shouldn’t be taking secondary positions before primary is filled up. RB is a secondary position for an incomplete team.

To answer your question 1. Trade down, 2. Probably Watson. I was always high on him from Clemson, didn’t understand not liking him.

Example: A lot of Dolphins mocks have their 3rd first round pick as a running back. Fundamentally not a good idea. Are you going to use the 5th year option on him? RBs break down, harder to say than most imo. Earliest I would take a RB is the 2nd with a JK Dobbins. First three picks would be QB, OT, OT/C/DE.

They also picked Ronnie Brown 2 overall. How many championships over that time span? Incomplete team. Wasn’t going to happen.

You're completely right, who would you have drafted 4th overall in that draft? With no knowledge of the past 3 seasons.

for y’all?

tried to trade back and pick up extra picks

only because of romo’s age and injuries and the ages of certain other guys did I get the zeke pick for them.. Ramsay or bosa had the higher value.. but they were thinking short term

as I said above, RB is a luxury pick that high.. and the problem fournette had coming in was he wasn’t really used in the passing game by LSU

even gurley, where you saw the versatility at uga, he had the knee injuries before he even got on the league

Yea they were blast BOB all over local sports radio here. He’s a flipping joke.

So because it's Werder, we're just going to pretend like those first 21 words weren't confusing as hell? 😂

"I recall when the NFL featured Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens that Peyton Manning once told me he was grateful that..."

Dude, WHAT?!

I don’t understand what’s confusing about that.....

Peyton was grateful his two great WR’s were nothing like TO and Ochocinco personality wise when they were at the forefront of the NFL. That’s a pretty simple statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom