The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
IATT IATT

Who are you keying in on for your Eagles?

round 1 in order: lamb, ruggs, jeudy, mims, reagor, queen, fulton, Henderson and I guess chaisson

then there are WRs, cbs and couple safeties I love after the 1st, also big on willie gay jr outside of the first (as far as LBs go)

Eagles have a whole analytics department.. plus considering our website/message board/app have won awards.. going assume multiple steps are put in place just in case something happens to 1 person

they didn’t just hire 4 or 5 “computer guys”

I continue to say those 2 teams, because we see the level of control 2 people have in those organizations

Was meant more as a joke but thanks for telling me the history of the analytic dept of the eagles lol. those two teams are in your division. I know why you’re saying it. Difference with those two teams is the Giants GM is on the hot seat and cannot screw up or he’s gone (also think you’re reading into the computer guys comment a little too much) and the cowboys gm os the owner who’s too hands on and a bit out of touch.

Was meant more as a joke but thanks for telling me the history of the analytic dept of the eagles lol. those two teams are in your division. I know why you’re saying it. Difference with those two teams is the Giants GM is on the hot seat and cannot screw up or he’s gone (also think you’re reading into the computer guys comment a little too much) and the cowboys gm os the owner who’s too hands on and a bit out of touch.

I know.. but I got faith that even if howie gets screwed they got mechanisms in place also think he’d give control to others to do shh

I feel like unless the cowboys can set up some place and the IT guys are right there to help jerry, that shh can blow up quick.. since jerry going wanna be involved with everything

And I don’t know if putting more pressure on gettleman is a smart thing, probably make him more inclined to keep control since his neck is on the line

I know.. but I got faith that even if howie gets screwed they got mechanisms in place also think he’d give control to others to do shh

I feel like unless the cowboys can set up some place and the IT guys are right there to help jerry, that shh can blow up quick.. since jerry going wanna be involved with everything

And I don’t know if putting more pressure on gettleman is a smart thing, probably make him more inclined to keep control since his neck is on the line

I get that, but this is the most Mara and Tisch have been outspoken in more than a decade. He’s going to need to rely on personnel instead of working on the fly.

let’s also not forget, the skins are in this division. This has all the making of a Dan Snyder screw up/melt down and him picking a long snapper with the 2nd pick. Either that or he’s going to try a make a trade and bring the kind of haul they gave up in the RG3 trade, all for it not to happen and their time run out lol.

I get that, but this is the most Mara and Tisch have been outspoken in more than a decade. He’s going to need to rely on personnel instead of working on the fly.

let’s also not forget, the skins are in this division. This has all the making of a Dan Snyder screw up/melt down and him picking a long snapper with the 2nd pick. Either that or he’s going to try a make a trade and bring the kind of haul they gave up in the RG3 trade, all for it not to happen and their time run out lol.

dan’s thing is spending money.. plus his drinking buddy got fired.. it’s just how much control river boat Ron has

I believe cowboys probably have the tech and people, but everything has to get run by or through a 77 year old dude.. so if they’re running stuff from multiple locations I can easily see how things would blow up or fail

and with y’all, it’s 2020 and your manager is talking about “computer guys” and only 4 or 5 of em

This is not his first time with the giants. And I’m not going to get too worked up because he called them computer folks. Gettleman has never seemed like a tech savvy guy or one to go in-depth about it. He never has been. That’s how you know his hands arent completely on this and all that was directed from the top. Not him. Dude is trying to hold on to a job.

But considering how the draft is going to be conducted, tech might kinda be important

even with access to his people like in normal situations, he has made poor choices

I mean just look at tagging Williams

I get the Williams thing. I wouldn’t have tagged him either, but he’d look just as much a fool letting him walk with what he gave up. Wasn’t enamored with the move. Always thought he’d fare better as a 4-3 end with with help. from what I’ve seen on his USC highlights, that’s where it looks like he excels and got more of a push there than the interior. Dude had promise coming out college, but has never been utilized quite right and because of that has been a dud.

he had access to all those people but he was fully hands on then. More people are involved now. Like I said, guy wants to hold onto his job. in the end I don’t know what dude is going to do. I do know he’s capable. Did it with the Panthers and they went to the SB in year two. I’m not saying that with the giants, just hope for an improvement.

8th highest cap hit of any dlineman next season

he gets any where near that in free agency, y’all get a 3rd compensatory pick

look at the eagles for example, they rented golden tate for a 3rd.. things didn’t work out.. the let him walk and got a 4th compensatory pick

Believe me i know. He, like many giants fans, are looking for some kind of semblance of a push rusher. He’s trying to cover his tracks and resign him so he didn’t give away potential assets for nothing. Again, I don’t agree with it. at this point, wish they let him walk and just signed clowns and go into the draft.

7F22C1DB-206D-45DE-8593-60BA94A3363E.gif

Believe me i know. He, like many giants fans, are looking for some kind of semblance of a push rusher. He’s trying to cover his tracks and resign him so he didn’t give away potential assets for nothing. Again, I don’t agree with it. at this point, wish they let him walk and just signed clowns and go into the draft.

I’m sure the jags would love pick 36.. and as you mentioned clowney is still out there and his number is supposedly down from the 20 his was originally looking for

I’m sure the jags would love pick 36.. and as you mentioned clowney is still out there and his number is supposedly down from the 20 his was originally looking for

id for sure take dude from Jacksonville if it was for a 2nd. I’m hoping they grab Simmons. Want that defense turned around .

id for sure take dude from Jacksonville if it was for a 2nd. I’m hoping they grab Simmons. Want that defense turned around .

id assume it’d be 36 and something else.. but still, seems of teams being discussed those 1st are back end

McCarthy ended the decade being portrayed as a clown but what’s funny is I don’t think there was anyone who had more success other than Belichik. Despite having one of the worst defenses in the league for 95% of the decade. I’m fine with 2018-2019 being the difference in favor of Carroll though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom