The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clowney bout to get paid 20 mil to get to the QB 4x a year woof
Didn't Miami offer him 17-18 mil? I thought he rejected that thinking he was going to get a 20 mil/yr deal. Seems like the market for him isn't what they thought and he likely gets somewhere in the range of 15-17 now.

didn't he actually play well this season though?
Yes, but he's not a stat stuffer. He blows plays up.

I could see teams thinking they're not gonna pay an edge guy 20Ms who can't get double-digit sacks.

don't think he's gonna get what's he's asking for, I guess I can see the Melvin situation comparison but Melvin sucked and got outplayed by Ekeler

Clowney bout to get paid 20 mil to get to the QB 4x a year woof

I think that’s the point... no he’s not, otherwise he would have signed something from a team.

His market should be around $13 to $15 mill a year. We’ll see what happens.

I think that’s the point... no he’s not, otherwise he would have signed something from a team.

His market should be around $13 to $15 mill a year. We’ll see what happens.

think he should be in the 17-18 range for what’s really like a 2 year deal.. or like 14-15 mill base with escalators up to something with games and certain numbers and achievements

I don’t see where he’s in that tier unless you get him for what he can do. Take up double teams, be an elite run stopper, have people blitz of his edge or 1 on 1 on the opposite.

Incentivize the $13/$15 as you said and get the $2/$3 mill bonus for double digit sacks. Nothing has suggested that he will sustain and get that, but it’s not a terrible deal to get him at that range.

I don’t see where he’s in that tier unless you get him for what he can do. Take up double teams, be an elite run stopper, have people blitz of his edge or 1 on 1 on the opposite.

Incentivize the $13/$15 as you said and get the $2/$3 mill bonus for double digit sacks. Nothing has suggested that he will sustain and get that, but it’s not a terrible deal to get him at that range.

I mean you got him in what puts him in a reasonable range to me

teams have blown yearssss or drafts and they’re worried about this draft especially

but I can see where certain teams where tech wasn’t in place before could be screwed

like I assume jerry is super duper ole school.. dictating emails to secretaries and having to hit up the IT department soon as something small happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom