The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
You proved everyone's point.. why take an average QB 3 years before..

Don't say Love=Rodgers in 2004 or whatever.. these dudes are different levels..

I dont have an issue with a QB sitting behind Rodgers and learning, for obvious reasons. The FO got their guy, it seems.

Apparently you can see into Love's future though thats pretty cool.

I don't know if Jordan Love was the "right" pick. But there's another team just like the Packers.....the Saints. Both have HOF QB's finishing up, the Saints (who I thought might take Love) instead bolstered their Oline to help protect him. (well, and they have the Tebow clone aka the greatest QB in history backing him up)

The Pack decided to take a clipboard holder. That, to me, says they don't expect AR to be there very long......like, a year from now. They can't really cut him, but they might try to trade him, and move some of his dead money with it.

I don't know if that's the smart play or not, you were 13-3, you had a chance to take a decent weapon (or two) to help AR one last time, and instead you ignored him AND gave up an extra pick to do so. Really head scratching.

Rodgers was a #1 type guy that fell and they took him just sitting there, not havin to give anything up for him. Jordan Love is not that. He wasn't a #1 guy, and they had to trade up to get him.

It might work out. It's certainly possible. But I would prefer the way the Saints are trying to give Brees one last shot than how the Packers are doin it. I mean, even if they decided to keep Rogers for two more years instead of one, then you just burned a first round pick to sit two full years...... That has more value than say a Tee Higgins for 2-3 years with AR/Adams/Jones?????

Hoodie passing on Love and trading out of the first told me he thinks Stidham is better than Love. If a team was to get him, it was NE, not one with still one of the better QB's in the draft who's shelf life has been extended a little with a running game to partner with.

No comparison with Favre/Rodgers situation. They were 10-6 and going nowhere. ARod and the Packers just went 13-3 and could have used another piece to give it another shot. Everyones windows is small outside of the Pats. You gotta go for it. They didn't have to give up any assets to go and draft someone to help THIS current team. All they could have done was improve their team.

They got too cute with this one and forgot about the now and went with the future. Mistake in my opinion.

GB players all should be like WTF?

GB should try and trade Rodgers, if its even doable.

Packers getting killed

Seems like no one gives a **** about the Giants pick

The right pick in theory

But y’all took the 4th dude at that position 4th overall

now he might end up being the best left tackle.. but I think becton is better and has far more upside.. and the other 2 guys have higher upsides on the right side

My eagles wishlist for tonight:

mims
Pittman
Fulton
- maybe jaylon Johnson, but I heard his shoulders are f’d
Gay jr
Mckinny
Ashtyn davis
Duggar
Chin

Status
Not open for further replies.