The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good heavens at Alex Smith. I'm sure I was hard on him in this thread in the past but he was part of the rebuild of the Chiefs and the tutelage of Mahomes. Despite all of that, the fact that dude is walking, lifting and running is a testament to modern medicine and the mental strength of Smith. That is insane he is even trying to play again.

So who did the majority of TDs that Manning threw go to? Harrison? (I just looked - Harrison was drafted 19th overall)
Reggie Wayne, Edgerrin James, Dallas Clark, Joseph Addai, Anthony Gonzalez, Demaryius Thomas, Knowshon Moreno

The Peter North of tears

giphy.gif

Mindblown at Addai and Gonzalez being first round picks :lol:

The Packers have had a little WR success in the 2nd round at least with Jennings, Jordy and Adams

If at the end of it all, Rodgers only has one ring for his career, would y’all say that he/his teams underachieved?
Front office has failed him. The Packers have been lucky as hell in terms of QB. They're gonna be looking at a run of 25 years with 2 QBs.

How do you as an organization see Tampa tool up, New Orleans tool up, Minnesota tool up and you get a QB in the first???

San Fransico pushed your **** in twice and are bringing back a younger version of the same team.

It does not make sense to take a QB in the first round unless you can exploit that rookie deal. If he shows any kind of flash they're gonna have a Jimmy G situation on their hands where they're gonna have to pay a guy that barely played a bag.

Yea I thought the Packers would've went with some help on defense in the 1st round. Instead they took a variant Colin Kaepernick

Yea the Love pick might be the only more headscratching pick than Hurts to Philly :lol:

Dudes were a game away from a SB and they chose to go with someone who can't help them improve at all this season...

Unless they were dead scared someone else would've gone for Love (Hoodie?) In the 1st I don't see how they couldn't have been able to get him later and brought in one of the studs in this WR class instead to help out AR rn.

That or protection to replace Bulaga but nope,went with a project pick that runs the risk of antagonizing their franchise guy who they're paying a lot of money to :lol:

Got no problem with them building for the future but you'd think they'd be thinking more 'win now' in the 1st with the squad they have already presently

If Jordan Love doesn’t turn out to be an elite level QB then that could turn into one of the worst draft picks of all-time.

They traded up one (1) spot for the pick too. To pick a QB no team was going to draft in the 1st.
And that's the funniest part.

They wanted Love bad. They pursued him.

Aaron was a potential #1 overall pick, that took a nosedive for some reason. He fell in Green Bay's lap and they were like **** it, why not?

And even then he had to sit for 3 whole *** years.

With advancements in technology, Aarons gawdly release and ability to avoid hits dude is EASILY playing until 40 if he wants too. They've forced themselves to pushed him out in about 3 years.

Ravens signing DJ Fluker pending physical. Worst case scenario, he pushes the recently drafted guys. Not bad at all.

Ravens signing DJ Fluker pending physical. Worst case scenario, he pushes the recently drafted guys. Not bad at all.

Ravens have to have one of the most underrated and greatest front offices of all time.

Ozzie used to crush is, transition to now and still.

Huge defensive line. Athletic linebackers. Beefed up offense. This team is going to roll this year, hope we see Ravens/Chiefs for the AFC Championship just for the competition purposes.

Of course that’s the second scenario after the Dolphins go undefeated. Again.

Ravens have to have one of the most underrated and greatest front offices of all time.

Ozzie used to crush is, transition to now and still.

Huge defensive line. Athletic linebackers. Beefed up offense. This team is going to roll this year, hope we see Ravens/Chiefs for the AFC Championship just for the competition purposes.

Of course that’s the second scenario after the Dolphins go undefeated. Again.
Yeah I don't really think it's even underrated at this point.

EDC has been with the franchise since its inception 24 years ago, so he's definitely well groomed to take over for Ozzie.

Even with a great front office, it's still incredibly hard to win, especially in a conference that's had all-time greats and generational talents like Brady/Manning/Mahomes/etc. Just happy that we will generally be put in a good position to compete.

Yea the Love pick might be the only more headscratching pick than Hurts to Philly :lol:

Dudes were a game away from a SB and they chose to go with someone who can't help them improve at all this season...

Unless they were dead scared someone else would've gone for Love (Hoodie?) In the 1st I don't see how they couldn't have been able to get him later and brought in one of the studs in this WR class instead to help out AR rn.

That or protection to replace Bulaga but nope,went with a project pick that runs the risk of antagonizing their franchise guy who they're paying a lot of money to :lol:

Got no problem with them building for the future but you'd think they'd be thinking more 'win now' in the 1st with the squad they have already presently

I get the love pick

them taking that RB in the 2nd is questionable on so many levels

I get the love pick

them taking that RB in the 2nd is questionable on so many levels
That's another one, got a beast college RB with a high pick while they still have Aaron Jones on a rookie deal coming off a career year :lol:

Guess they figure he'll price them out if he has a repeat year so might as well get started on finding a replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom